Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Problem with new laser

Fairly new to this but having a good time. I have 5 or 6 working lasers and a couple of builds in progress. But having to deal with "china" is getting to be a pain. Very time consuming. And gets very expensive if you want quick shipping.
Just though I would mention this to see if anyone may know whats wrong.
Have a 200mw green focusable from Lazerer. Nice unit. Key switch, little blue led that lights when you push the button, power certificate.
I was very happy with it.
After about 5 minutes of use it stopped working. When you push the button the blue led flickers rapidly (used to be steady when laser on), no laser. I tried new batteries, no help.
It don't work.
I just emailed them but haven't heard back yet.
Just checking here to see if someone may know whats going on.
Really not looking forward to have send stuff back and forth to "china".

It might help to know exactly which unit you purchased. What batteries are you using? Do you have a digital multi meter? Have you tried bypassing the tail cap?

More info is needed :)

Model is LZBH532-200. Bypassed tail switch. It is getting power to switch because led lights up. Uses 18650. Tried a couple, fresh chagred, batteries good.
I am waiting to hear from Lazerer, just thought somebody may have seen this before.

If that units light is blinking then those batt. You have might not be cutting it. do as Jeff said meter your batteries as soon as you pull them out.

Well I didn't quite say to meter those batts because some people don't have a dmm. However if he did have one that would be my next suggestion. If bypassing the laser tail cap doesn't work then its either your cells or the laser itself.

Batteries are hot & fresh Right off the charger. Tried 3. I can put them in other units and they work fine.
It was working fine ( for a few minutes) with same batteries.
I don't want to attempt to disassemble it or anything at this point. Waiting to see what Lazere says.
If it costs to much to ship back and forth I may take it apart.

There's no need to take it apart. We are telling you to measure the voltage off the batteries. Let me explain.

Most cheap lithium cells you get from china are "used and rebranded" meaning we don't know how old they are or what. They just put new plastic on em and sell them as new.

I don't remember where I seen it but lithium cells are really only good for so many cycles and or a shelf lifetime of 2 years. After that they won't hold a charge very good if at all.

Your cells MAY work in other devices but that doesn't mean the cells are fully charged. You may have a problematic charger or old cells for all we know.

TEST your cells with a multi meter. It may save you a lot of trouble. It would just be easier for me to say "your laser is broke, send it back to china" but we are trying to save you that trouble haha.

I would NEVER suggest modifying or taking apart your laser. Its kind if like a car. You wouldn't replace the engine every time the "check engine" light comes on or you have trouble with your car nor does it mean your car is broke.

Start with the easy things and if you can't get your laser working then I would suggesting sending it back. Plenty of people have fixed their laser just by replacing a bad batch of cells, chargers or tail caps. Some manufacturers will even send you a new tail cap if your laser is still under warrenty if that's the problem. Usually for FREE.

I hope just as much as you do that your laser gets fixed as soon as possible :)

Thanks,
Jeff

How long would you estimate was your average runtime I know you said after 5 min. Was it 5min. All at once.

Edit: when you mentioned other units what mW where those units.

Last edited:
It was only run 30 sec to maybe 1 minute at a time. Over a couple of days.
Was showing it to somebody and it didn't come on.
Just the little blue led that now "flickers".

Ok use a jumper from the back to bypass the saftey switch in the back this is just for trouble shooting. If you had a DMM you could use the current setting to read the current as well as switch by-pass.

I can't bypass the switch. The module & host body are +. The spring inside is - and it goes to the switch. Would have to take it apart to get to other side of switch.

To bypass the switch you take your tail cap off. Put the battery in the way you normally would. Take a piece of wire, paper clip or whatever. Touch the exposed end of the battery to the threads of the host.

This is called bypassing. You will then need to press the on button to allow the current to flow.