Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Problem with new laser pointer

Hi to everybody! :)

I recently bought a 5mW green laser pointer (china made) and I have a probem. It's normal it comes with a bad momentary on/off button? :yabbem:

Example: bad contacts, instability, because when I power on the laser pointer, the output power decreases abruptly after one second and still low unless I release the switch, moving the button with finger makes the output to be unstable.

I have other laser pointer from china, manufactured by "Shenzhen Lanos Technology Co. Ltd" sold as 200mW, but I don't know how much power they have, comparing the two, the output power of my new laser pointer is too weak!

I need help to fix my new laser pointer, i spend R$30,00 with this and R$31.60 with the rechargeable batteries. Maybe change the switch might help, but I don't know how to do this,

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm brasilian :tinfoil: )

Here my new laser pointer:
laser.blog.00004.jpg

laser.blog.00003.jpg

Here my old laser pointer:
laser.blog.00002.jpg

Here my new laser when I press the on button:
laser.blog.00009.jpg

Here after some seconds on:
laser.blog.00010.jpg

Here my old laser for comparision:
laser.blog.00001.jpg

Anybody know howto change the switch button? :thinking:

it may not be the button, i think your laser has the "shitty china laser" disease it could be the diode or the driver that is failing. id say send a message saying the laser is defective then get your money and buy tihs LP 515nm 532nm 1-150

they are 100X better and are the power they say they are, your 200 could really be a 200mw that drops to 5mw or even 1mw or less,

Last edited:
:thanks:

I think my 200mW laser pointer is 5mW, on the adhesive that comes with "Danger Laser Radiation" the power was < 200mW, on the box that comes with my laser pointer, was < 5mW, but I'm very satisfied, it's working for 6 months. So, isn't this laser with the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, but here on Brazil is very complicated to buy from other countries. :(

I will contact the seller and request a new one, maybe the new comes Ok. :beer:

I seriously doubt your laser would output anywhere near 200mW, probably 50mW at best. A lot of the cheap chiinese lasers have unstable outputs like that, after a few seconds it just dims to almost nothing. You can try getting it replaced, but it's much easier just to get your money back and buy a laser from a reputable company.

Good, do you know some reputable company that ships to Brazil? This laser pointer cost R$30.00, in dollars, U$12.10, my other laser cost U$12.25, I bought from here (Ciudad del Este - Paraguay).

I have tried and after some warm up, the laser worked with the full power! Not good because around the dot has a mist of green spots, thing that doesn't occur with my unreal 200mW.

Little power:
laser.blog.00011.jpg

Medium power:
laser.blog.00012.jpg

Full power (see the green dots around the big dot):
laser.blog.00013.jpg

So, thanks!

Last edited:
Try laserbtb.com they have had some really good products. Not sure if they ship to Brazil or not but a quick search and you will find out. Good luck!

its most likely not the button, cheap chinese lasers have a cold start period where the laser is cold, the output is low, sounds stupid but try holding it under your shirt to warm it up, this is so the crystals in the module warm up to the optimum output temperature. if this doesn't work its most likely stuffed

next time buy from a reputable laser company, the ones listed above are a great option, they'll be 10 times the quality

Yes, I percept this with this chinese laser, I need to hold it on my hand once it warm up, after this, the output of the laser becomes stable.

Remember that I said that have a mist of green dots around the big one? How I can fix this? Maybe dirty lens.

next time buy from a reputable laser company, the ones listed above are a great option, they'll be 10 times the quality

Well, when I have more money, I will invest on reputable laser pointers.

Hi all! I have sold my cheap laser pointer to another person and I got my money back, I ordered other laser pointer named as JD-851 and with 5mW of power, I only can find 5mW lasers here, nothing more powerfull :yabbem:

Good, I spent R$40.00 with this new laser and R$15.00 with the battery CR123A that it used. When I switched on the laser I only can see infrared light (of course, seeing it with my cell phone camera), have something loose inside the laser pointer, I unscrewed all the parts and got the little ring with the crystals (nd:YVO:4 + KTP) loosed from the pump diode. I sucefuly glued the cristals assembly to the pump LD, but when I tried to assembly the laser pointer I acidentaly broke one of the legs of the LD.

Now I'm waiting for a new one, how good is this laser pointer? My first impression was too bad with this defective sample.

Some pics.

The laser pointer in question:
laser.blog.00023.jpg

Infrared light:
laser.blog.00014.jpg

LD driver:
laser.blog.00015.jpg

808nm LD:
laser.blog.00016.jpg

Another view of the driver:
laser.blog.00017.jpg

The cristal assembly: