Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Probably Should've Done This First

ebay lasers are usually hit and miss for quality but not a bad first laser, the one you ordered for burning will probably burn but may not be the best quality, though i have heard that seller is good. also if you are gonna burn you should get laser goggles

these are the best and recommended
Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Standard Laser Safety Goggles

but if you are not going to buy the good pair get these at least and save up for the eagle goggles. i have them they work but eagle is better
http://www.amazon.com/Uvex-S0360X-U...1371444530&sr=8-2&keywords=uvex+laser+goggles

also before you buy another laser i would recommend asking someone here to build you one... best quality and prices

p.s update your profile with where yuor from and a little info on yourself

Last edited:
I'm guessing that laser will probably be in the range of 50 — 85mW
Who knows? This host (SD-301) is commonly used to build lasers with an output power greater than <50mW

Last edited:

norbyx

I think it is all a matter of luck, sometimes you get 80mw out of them sometimes (like in my case) you get 30mw. So I hope you are lucky and get a decent laser. As for the distance you can hit with such a laser, I can tell you, you will be amazed.
Just Don't expect to burn stuff with it.

Please buy yourself a good pair of googles before you are sorry, you might think they aren't neccessary because your laser is not one of the very high power ones, but you would be wrong, they are 100% necessary and usefull....

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I got over 90mW off a "5 mW" laser I purchased on Amazon. No telling how much of that was IR, but regardless, there are a lot of over spec pointers floating around. Goggles are a must as was already suggested.

Good luck!

:)

Thanks for all the help. I will definitely get me some goggles. I wear glasses now from shining cheap lasers at my eyes as a kid, so I take the safety to heart. At work right now, will update my profile when I get home.
I did begin to notice there are builders on here and thought it might be the best bang for my buck. I will consider that. Thanks again everyone.

I got over 90mW off a "5 mW" laser I purchased on Amazon. No telling how much of that was IR, but regardless, there are a lot of over spec pointers floating around. Goggles are a must as was already suggested.

Good luck!

:)
I have a few of the amazon lasers, and they are around the 70-90mw mark in 532. ( It was in a thread on here awhile back.)

More surprisingly, buying from ebay, 650nm in the same host( 301-b ) netted me 2- lasers that ouput 260mw stable. for right around $30 per unit

Happy hunting.

Last edited:

kilter

Ebay lasers are usually hit and miss like they said, but Millionaccesories is a little better than other sellers from my experience.