Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Prisms, Mirrors, etc. for Home Laser Displays

Where is the best place to find prisms, beam splitters, first surface mirrors and whatnot for making a home laser display?? I took a look at the ones Optotronics has for sale, but I thought I'd ask here before buying if anyone knew of a better place to look. It seems Opto is all out of mirrors anyways....

I'm not even sure of what optics to get either. They do have a 9 piece prism kit at Optotronics that looks interesting, though.

Hey there! I JUST bought the 40 piece optics kit from Optotronics. It's amazing. Seriously. The lenses are small, and you must remember to use these with goggles ALWAYS because the lenses are very effective and can sometimes send light at an angle which you might not know will happen.

Anyway, it came with putty, mounting strings in a small box. I think I got a few bonus items...the kit is more like a 50-55 piece set. I highly recommend it.

Kevin

Hey there! I JUST bought the 40 piece optics kit from Optotronics. It's amazing. Seriously. The lenses are small, and you must remember to use these with goggles ALWAYS because the lenses are very effective and can sometimes send light at an angle which you might not know will happen.

Anyway, it came with putty, mounting strings in a small box. I think I got a few bonus items...the kit is more like a 50-55 piece set. I highly recommend it.

Kevin

I saw that, i just don't see what someone would do with the filters and lenses as far as a home display would go.

First surface mirrors can be had for free. I picked up a couple rear projection TV's over the summer and have more FS mirror's than I know what to do with.

I buy many things here also. Surplus Shed