Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Priceangels 50mw 2 "AA" 532

So lately I thought it would be fun to randomly order some cheap green lasers from priceangels just to see if there may be some deals floating around out there.
First I decided to try:
854 50mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black) $14.92 Free Shipping
Ordered on 4/4 shipped on 4/7 arrived on 4/16 Not bad at all!
04162011077.jpg

I absolutely love the host of this laser. It is very solid, and is a very comfortable diameter and length. It fits your hand perfectly!
04162011084.jpg

The listing says this laser takes 1 or 2 "aa" batteries, which isn't right at all. 1 AA wouldn't power this module and when you try to put 1 AA battery in you cant screw the back cap on because the battery sticks out too far. If there is anybody reading who has experience with a large assortment of rechargeable batteries, it looks like the battery required (to run this laser in "short" mode) would be around the same diameter as an AA but about half the length.
04162011082.jpg

The listing claims this laser is 50mw, it actually may be fairly close to that. Its slightly less bright than my ledshoppe 50mw (which I believe is fairly overspec), but you can feel a little warmth if you hold it against your skin for a few seconds.
If anybody would like to LPM this laser you are more than welcome to.
The beam is about 1mm which is the smallest I have owned. My ledshoppe is 3mm.
For under $15, this seems to be a great laser! Hell, the host alone is worth $15 to me!
I plan to hotrod this thing up a little bit with an o-like 100mw module in the near future.
I would easily recommend this laser for an entry level green.

04162011080.jpg

I ordered this one last night and will also review it when it arrives.
XX-850 50mw 532nm Green Laser Pointer (1*CR123A Battery) $13.99 Free Shipping

Last edited:

Most likely a CR2 cell then, they probably meant 1/2 (one half) AA cell, a CR2 is just about the same diameter but shorter by about half. They're not cheap as primaries, but DX has some rechargeable 3.6v ones (green wrapping on the battery with no real noticeable markings) and a charger should be somewhere on there as well. That looks like the Focal Price 50mW, where some are bad, some are alright, and some are pretty darned good. Nice review, better post lots of pictures when you upgrade!

I tried my juice brand cr2 and it doesnt fit. They put a plastic sleeve on the inside that is just a hair too small to allow it. Maybe the green 3.0v cr2's will fit?
I will definitely post some pictures when i decide to modify this laser

anselm

I have that exact same host (from Focalprice), what I did to be able to fit a 14500, was
to drill a little hole for the batteries positive tab in the end cap, plus I trimmed down the
spring somewhat. All in all quite a lot of work.... And now he 2 X AAs only work with a magnet
or two to make up for the extra space... :rolleyes:

They messed up the length ration between the two bits of tube on that one...

It is a nice host though, being 2x AA is quite rare.

Last edited:

DJNY

I´m also happy with mine - bought it with a 19% discount code which was available for this AA laser.

35% of the 70mW output is IR, but anyway nice price.

Attachments

• FP AA.JPG
    FP AA.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
I believe mine is around 40mw. Like I said, if anybody would like to LPM it you are more than welcome.
I ordered a rayfoss 100mw module last night to pop into this thing!