Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Price Drop: JDSU 10mW single-line argon, $195 + shipping

Hi all,

I have a JDSU 10mW single-line argon for sale. I bought the PSU and head separately, so they aren't a matched set, but they work fine together. The head is rated at 10mW, however it will put out just over 30mW at max current, measured with my Ophir LPM (not that you would want to always run it at that current, but it's ok for short periods.) I've run this unit 3-5 times a week for a couple of months, and it has no problems. (It makes a good room heater.) :)

The sale includes the power supply and head, with all necessary cables. It does not include a remote interface. (You will have to build one, as I did, using the schematics from Sam's Laser FAQ, which isn't that hard. It's two switches, a 5K pot, and a resistor.) It also does not include a proper cooling fan, nor does it include the plastic reducer pipe shown in the pictures, as these parts were borrowed from my multiline setup to run this laser.

I will however, include a couple of small muffin fans, which can be used for some cooling, however they are insufficient for long duty cycles, and only can be used for a few minutes, or if the laser is kept at idle. (These can be taped directly to the end of the tube to provide some air circulation, however you will have to provide a 12-14V wall wart to run the fans, and/or find a better cooling solution.)

I'm asking $195 for everything, plus shipping from 03824. Sales only to the continental US. No international buyers, please. See pictures below, and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks!
Andy

yoQevwi.jpg

XnGNNE0.jpg

07bG8ah.jpg

DkSO4WZ.jpg

Ert64xj.jpg

BngU0b2.jpg

AvczOWD.jpg

Last edited:

Re: Price Drop: JDSU 10mW single-line argon, $225 + shipping

:bumpit: Price drop (from $250 to $225)

These are really nice heads. good luck with your sale! I'd buy it but I already have a ML one ;3 I'll ask my buddy though if he wants one.

Every time i think I need to let go of mine (SAME head you have) somebody comes along and offers a great deal like this one..

That PSU BTW is the most desireable of all- nicknameg the 'gold' PSO its switchable for higher VAC and as he sez its runs almost any Argons like these,

the 'REAL' remote interface is a nice thing to have IIRC the LCD 2500 also shows the Amp as you increase and the mW too. these sell for as much as 200$ and as low as 75$ IRC Meridith has them at greedbay with 'make offer' but the home made ones will work somewhat-
there is a bare board version from a company in Houston not inclosed and these are 99$ see on in my albums at my profile page I fashioned an enclosure for mine from a plastic box that just happened to be the perfect size= on this version the test points are there but you must meter them to see the readings unlike the 2500.

I love the 488 line--
andrewb got any beam shots from your ML?? what do you get from yours?

my ML NFS max peak 145mW @ 10A(only for as long as it took to take a pic)

pics when i can good luck Andrew

Last edited:

Every time i think I need to let go of mine (SAME head you have) somebody comes along and offers a great deal like this one..

That PSU BTW is the most desireable of all- nicknameg the 'gold' PSO its switchable for higher VAC and as he sez its runs almost any Argons like these,

the 'REAL' remote interface is a nice thing to have IIRC the LCD 2500 also shows the Amp as you increase and the mW too. these sell for as much as 200$ and as low as 75$ IRC Meridith has them at greedbay with 'make offer' but the home made ones will work somewhat-
there is a bare board version from a company in Houston not inclosed and these are 99$ see on in my albums at my profile page I fashioned an enclosure for mine from a plastic box that just happened to be the perfect size= on this version the test points are there but you must meter them to see the readings unlike the 2500.

I love the 488 line--
andrewb got any beam shots from your ML?? what do you get from yours?

dis is my ML NFSmax peak 145mW

His is a SL at 488 only-its rated at 10mW. Though i will take semi-advantage of this thread and say I have a spare one of those "bare board" professional controllers for this argon supply, and whoever buys it, I'll sell it to if they want it.

Last edited:

Hey guys,

Hak is correct. As alluded to in the OP, I also have a 2214-40MLA multiline head and PS, which puts out around 90mW max, which I purchased after this single-line unit, hence why I want to sell my 10mW.

I don't have any good beamshots of the ML (yet), as I'm waiting on some transmission diffraction gratings from the current GB. I tried using the CD method, but couldn't get any decent beams (though I did verify that it does 7 lines).

I'm envious of you guys who have the digital remote interfaces, as that's totally the way to go. (I have a totally ghetto homemade remote, but it works.) Meredith has them on eBay for $100, but they're only $68 on their website. I'll probably cave and pick one up eventually.

Ah... That makes sense....Yeah they're nice remotes... Glad to hear you have a nice tube in. Mine must be newer? It does about 121mW max....I think all the uniphases are 6 lines by default. I need a new fan diffraction grating myself for mine, but I find an equilateral prism works better for me most of the time.

Last edited:

:bumpit:

Re: Price Drop: JDSU 10mW single-line argon, $215 + shipping

:bumpit: Price drop (to $215)

IsaacT

Same here! I just fired mine up after a long time of just sitting(like a year?) and I must say if you dont own an Argon laser you are missing out. People should jump on this!

XD001

LOL, dude.. :p You price dropped, A LOT! LOL, still I am also surprised it has not yet sold! I would buy it, but I am not really into non-handheld lasers :( Anyways, you price dropped a lot! This should sell fast.. O.O just like Kaiser said..I am also wowed it has not yet sold.. Anyways, Argons are high quality lasers! Do not hesitate to buy, may be gone faster than I can say "This should sell faster than a bolt of lightning!" Anyways, do not hesitate to buy, I would buy it.. But like I said "... not really into non-handheld lasers" Haha, but remember, it needs some parts (I think), so be ready!

Last edited: