Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Price check: RGV module for portable laser

So, I am interested in an RGV laser module. This would be based off rog_8811's designs for a portable. This is only to gauge interest- I am not making any actual commitments (yet). I want to get an idea of who could make this for me and for how much. Here's the parts list with approximate costs (including shipping):

-KES (PS3) sled: $13
-2x Flexdrive V4: $52
-2x Aixiz modules: free (I have some)
-Green 40~50mW O-like module (turn the pot down a bit): $32
-LPC_815 (LOC) diode: $15
-6x (GGW) sled: $60

So it looks like the total cost of parts would be $172 for the module alone. From there I would have to order a heatsink and a custom host (that would be expensive as well).

How much would you guys be willing to make one of these modules for?

Here's the tutorial: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1229256424/0

Thanks,
Mark

Seriously, I think a one of rog's built lasers could easily run for around $400-$500. The aligning I think is probably the hardest part by far. I've tried aligning externally and using a KES sled, and I must say, it is a little hard for me to get everything focused on one spot. Also, even when I did (5mW green pointer, 410mA LPC, 125mA PHR), I didn't really see WHITE, but I think that's because the green was too low power, and the blu-ray was a little low power (the red overpowers everything). However, I must say, the green mixed with the blu-ray produced/produces an AMAZING blue color (MUCH cheaper than an ACTUAL blue laser).

Edit: ohh.. I didn't see you were talking about just the module aligned. That, I'd probably guess someone would do it for $250-$300.