Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pressing the diode...is there any easy way without a press?

is there any way to make a simple diy press.....anyone know of anything that works decently...i have large vise grips...what should i use?

Drew

a vise and the back end of the module flipped around so the wire hole is against the back of the diode works for starting out

This is on a dilda...i saw what you are talking about on the regular module though...

I've heard of guys using small, thin wall tubing that can fit between the press-fit socket and the diode pins. Then use a vise to press. I seem to remember someone saying that they use a piece cut out of a telescoping metal antenna (like on a rc controller)

I have pressed a lot of them with a air nozzle called a "barb fitting" I got it at Harbor Freight for about a buck, and although I have a vise, it is not always needed. Some like the last LPC I put in just need the pressure I can push down by hand. ;) -Glenn

hey guys, thanks for the advice...i found that a 3/16 barbed plumbing fitting works perfectly!...thanks though!

xivlia

i used a drawer in my kitchenn :D it needs to be 100% horizontal action though ( like pulls out and pushes in) if its that kind of drawer, then pull it abit put ur module between it and close the drawer and ur done :D easiest way, if you dont have a vice or some sort of tool.

i used a drawer in my kitchenn :D it needs to be 100% horizontal action though ( like pulls out and pushes in) if its that kind of drawer, then pull it abit put ur module between it and close the drawer and ur done :D easiest way, if you dont have a vice or some sort of tool.

That has to be the dumbest thing I ever read....:crackup::crackup::crackup:
BTW the abreviation of You are is spelled you're not ur......:undecided:

Jerry

Last edited: