Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PREFFERED

Zom-B

Any color between green (excluding) and blu-ray (including)

daguin, is there a 501.7nm laser or is it just one of the weaker lines of Ar+?

diachi

I'm not aware there is a 501.7nm ArIon line, I'll check.

-Adam

EDIT : No, there is no 501.7nm line , only 514.5nm and 528.7nm green lines on argons.

-Adam

daguin

Zom-B said:
Any color between green (excluding) and blu-ray (including)

daguin, is there a 501.7nm laser or is it just one of the weaker lines of Ar+?

501.7 is an argon line.  I haven't heard of any commercial tubes with optics specific to this line.  It can be seen in the "rainbow" from a multi-line and isolated with a filter.

501.7 is the second from the "green" end.
This is one of my favorite pictures. In it you can see the combined laser beam color of a multi-line argon, in comparison to the isolated "pure" colors in the beam
new20.jpg

new11flipped.jpg

Here is a good chart with different wavelengths

http://www.lexellaser.com/techinfo_wavelengths.htm

Peace,
dave

Zom-B

First Google hit: Feasibility of finding malignant diseases with the Ar+ 501.7 nm ... - 11:08

that "Major laser wavelengths" chart doesn't even list DPSS blue or yellow or semiconductor violet

daguin

Zom-B said:
First Google hit: Feasibility of finding malignant diseases with the Ar+ 501.7 nm ... - 11:08

that "Major laser wavelengths" chart doesn't even list DPSS blue or yellow or semiconductor violet

Granted.  This is just the best one I've found.  Things change more quickly than people make charts and post them to websites.  Find a more recent, complete one, and I will link to it from now on.

Peace,
dave

A bit of a silly poll, as there are a lot of nice laser colors, I vote Blue, but actually like my much higher powered Violet lasers best.  I suppose if all colors were of equal output power and there were no cost differences, I might choose somewhere in the blue/ greens, like 501.7 perhaps, but still, that 405 to 473 range is all highly attractive IMHO.   ;)  :D  ::)

Switch said:
lol I actually saw an inflatable sheep on an online erotic shop :D Description said that it was meant as a joke, but who knows what people actually buy them for. ::)

They're for the lamewads who can't get out and shag some wild sheep for real! There are some "fringe benefits" of climbing mountains...

-Mark

"stacys mom "cos shes got it going on"

:-?

need pic to chose between her and phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range