Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Powering a bare Arctic?

Ok, on my bench at home is sitting a bare (no host) Arctic with smartswitch.

I'm doing a project with this and of course just touching
the + & - leads with my PSU does nothing it in fact lights the LEDs on the smartswitch it does not however power up the unit.

I read a thread were some one took apart a decimated Arctic I did not get a resolve due to it not addressing my problem and also it was a Arctic 1 without the smartswitch.

So I have this problem powering up a bare bones Arctic G whatever any help will get some repz and some much appreciation

You need to press the SmartSwitch, input the code to power up the unit.

Code is, three short clicks, then two short holds. After last hold, LEDs on batteyr indicator will blink for 1.5 seconds then the laser will start in low power strobing mode.

See the review in my signature for more details about it :)

could it be so simple? I'll give it a try when I get home you the man ED!

Sure no problem. Take pictures and let me know how it goes.

In the meantime, you would not know how to take apart the Arctic without destroying it?

Oh, I guess you already recieved the parts.

In any case, would you please take a picture of your setup on the bench, preferably close ups of the Arctic guts?

I'd appreciate it :)

Indeed, I do not yet understand why not ... seeing the guts of it might help me understand how it's built, and possibly leading me to full disassembly without any type of destruction, aesthetical or functional.

But alright, you have your reasons, and I will respect them.

jander6442

That's an odd response to Eudaimonium's request to post pictures. Can You please explain? I'm not bitching at You just curious about that.

Oh it's quite alright, I guess he has a very messy desk or something like that (though, if you get a mess worse than mine, hat off) :p

Just let us know if it works out for you :)

You know the rule. Pix or it didnt happen.

Did you promise Steve not to share his design? Like any of us would want to copy it anyway. :crackup:

Hell the Diode in My Arctic died a while back, and it's been in a box ever since. If I ever get the wherewithal one day I'll rip into it. The heatsink design in them things suck big time, and a new one will eventually be stuffed in mine.

Thats because they use A130 diode in the stock Arctic.

Should add that to my list. :can: