Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

power source question

Hello all. This might be a weird question, but what kind of batteries and how many would I need to power 3 cheapo gas station laser pointers at the same time off the same switch? I've got a friend making a custom Predator outfit for Halloween, and he needs the info bad. And would he need to have any kind of driver board at all? Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

YEAH

hmm ithink just any old batterys will do. you woulden't need a driver board. pm me if ya have any more questions

HIMNL9

You mean cheap keychain ones ? ..... if the chips resists staying turned on for long time, 3 AA or A batteries can keep them turned on for some hours, just connect all the 3 lasers in parallel ..... and if you turn them on just occasionally with a switch ( i guess you're using them for the sighting emitter for the shoulder cannon, with a switch inside a glove :p), the batteries can last all the night

Anyway, in a costume like that, i bet there is enough space for 3 torch batteries, if the A ones are not enough :D

BTW, find also an old "alien voicechanger", and your costume is perfect :D

BUT, CAREFUL, use 1 mW or less lasers, and try to never aim at other peoples eyes, ok ?

daguin

Sweet! Thanks for all the info, guys! As soon as he gets it done, I'll post some pics for ya :yh: