Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Potentially massive flashlight review?

Hey guys! We're going to be doing a new review on a few different flashlights. Below is a list of the flashlights we have on order. We want to include answers to your questions in this review.

Fenix LD12
Sunwayman V11R
Surefire E2D
Inova X1
Nitefighter BT40
Spark SD6-500CW
Dereelight Nightmaster
Orbita Lighthouse
Wicked Laser Arctic w/ Phosforce Attachment
Prometheus Alpha
Armytek Barracuda XM-L@ (either U2 or U3)
potentially a Rufis JR20
potentially an Armytek Predator Pro
potentially an Armytek Viking Pro

So, what do you want to know about any of these models? Perhaps which ones work well with firearms? Which ones are best for EDC? Anybody in the market, or already own a model? Let us know! All input appreciated!

For reference, take a look at our past few reviews to see the quality reviews we do:
Kahr P380 - Best Concealed Carry Pistol | BROWN SAFE Research Labs
Wicked Laser - Top 10 Ingenious Uses for a Wicked Laser Arctic | BROWN SAFE Research Labs
Superb Switchblades | BROWN SAFE Research Labs

In the market for my first high end light. Looking for floodlight type with a big output preferring a shorter host design.

The more details in the review the better. Take a look at Selfbuilt's review for the gold standard in flashlight reviews.

Some reviewers go a step further to do a teardown, and measure the efficiency of the drivers, how much power the LED is getting, what is the draw at tailcap, measurements of how hot the light gets on high.

In addition to details, good pictures are a must for any review.

In the market for my first high end light. Looking for floodlight type with a big output preferring a shorter host design.

What is your budget? The skyray king, is a nice budget flooder. The Nitecore Tiny Monster series are great... but pricey. The Zebralight S6330 is an incredibly small, bright flood light, but again pricey.

Personally I think the BlackShadow terminator is the best middle ground option, based on quality, price, and performance. It's less floody than the other lights listed, but has some throw to it.

phosforce, if you don't mind destructive testing, would be neat to see some info about damage threshold, i.e. can you focus laser down to a point onto the remote phosphor without it frying? ;)

Also, SureFire used to have an X400GN. They seem to be hard to come by? Maybe they weren't released, or are all sold out by now. Has green 505nm sight instead of the normal 635nm.

$80 is my target budget, and I'm kinda picky. I have been eying up that skyray king for a while since I really like the shape of the host and the batteries it uses. I'd really want the driver to be on the high end of efficiency too. I've still been biding my time though to look for the perfect one.

Always interested in new EDC's, so I look forward to your review.

Just a suggestion, maybe you'd like to add the new 7G10 from crelant? Its got the new MT-G2 emitter in it...really would like to see what that can do and how it compares to the XML and XM-L2 emitters...;) :beer:

Last edited:
$80 is my target budget, and I'm kinda picky. I have been eying up that skyray king for a while since I really like the shape of the host and the batteries it uses. I'd really want the driver to be on the high end of efficiency too. I've still been biding my time though to look for the perfect one.

Grab one for CNQ and call it a day. Will run only $56 iirc.

Or there is the Roche m170 from fasttech, which is just over $80.

BS Terminator is $105.

Next step up, more throw, less flood is Fenix TK75 for about $160.

Just a suggestion, maybe you'd like to add the new 7G10 from crelant? Its got the new MT-G2 emitter in it...really would like to see what that can do and how it compares to the XML and XM-L2 emitters...;) :beer:

Perceived, about 50% brighter, tint is just a tad warmer than XMLT6, not much. Throws reasonably well, and plenty of flood. You would be better off with a dedicated thrower, and a skyray king though imho.

I'm trying to decide whether I want to keep mine or not. Selfbuilt has one on the way for a review.

Always interested in new EDC's, so I look forward to your review.

Crelant also never got back to us. Are you interested to any of the other EDCs we have? The Fenix LD12, Sunwayman V11R, Surefire E2D, or the Inova X1?

Could be, but Ill have to do some research on them first. Anyway, Im sure your reviews will help! :beer:

@ IE cheers for the reply. If I were to get one, Id be interested in uping the current to 5 or 6 A, provided the LED can take it. If its putting out 1800 Lumens at 3 A, I think it would be quite spectacular at higher currents..:beer:

@grainde - The LED can definitely handle a lot more, although i don't know about 6A. Personally I would love to see it pushed just a conservative 4-4.5A on copper.

I haven't decided what to do with mine yet, whether to have a crack at it, send it back for store credit, or exchange for something else, but as it stands I'm kind of dissapointed by it.

After getting used to the SRK's, Apex, Terminator, TK75, and their sizes, the output of the Crelant us underwhelming given it's heft. By looking at the light, the feel of it, and holding it, without turning it on, it should be kicking butt and taking names, but instead it's mostly just for show :(

Hmm shame it looks really good. Maybe Ill just order a bare emitter and have a play around with a sink pad...6 A maybe a little high but Id definitely aim for 5. ;)

Edit: 1 post away from that magic no.! Whats this about the darkside? lol

Last edited:
Hmm shame it looks really good. Maybe Ill just order a bare emitter and have a play around with a sink pad...6 A maybe a little high but Id definitely aim for 5. ;)

Edit: 1 post away from that magic no.! Whats this about the darkside? lol

:crackup: Welcome to the "promised" land. In fact it's actually quite boring in that section.

Cheers! Well here goes; one small click for man, one giant click....lol TBH Im actually quite interested in seeing the info on those new 445 diodes the vets have been discussing...:beer:

Edit: Damn I expected fireworks or at least champagne...:crackup:

Last edited:
Cheers! Well here goes; one small click for man, one giant click....lol TBH Im actually quite interested in seeing the info on those new 445 diodes the vets have been discussing...:beer:

Edit: Damn I expected fireworks or at least champagne...:crackup:

Heh, I was kind of hoping for some caviar at 10k... nope, nada, zilch.

At least you get to finally find out about the 2W single mode diodes.