Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

pot modding a laserglow aries laser?

can it be done safely? yes i know how horrible pot modding is but the only reason im asking this is because they all seem to have a 1100mw-1200mw pump diode. this would mean the Aries 200mw is the exact same as the Aries 20mw except for a 360 dollar current increase. the general specifications for the Aries series says they use a 1.1w-1.2w pump diode so if this is correct i can just adjust the current to the maximum recommended current of the diode on a cheaper model. can someone tell me if im right about this? im probably wrong but its worth asking.

my Aries-125 laser recently broke, im either going to buy a new one or i will try to fix it (pump diode failure and water damage) HOPELESS...

jimdt7

Agree with Eytyxhs !
The chances are that you will kill it :eg:

Jim

Last edited:
With DPSS lasers no two crystal sets are exactly the same, they will have different sweet temperatures and other uniqueness of mode or other traits, including efficiency, then there is perfection in alignment that may vary this is why some Aries lasers will do more or less. ;) -GH

hey do you guys think the laser crystal from the Aries laser would be able to handle a 2 watt pump diode?

Why not just send it back? An Aries is an expensive laser to risk a diode transplant.

Also, how are you sure the diodes is what failed?

i cant send it back because i had it for 2 years and the warranty lasts 6 months. i dont think they do repair services either. the diode is as dead as a doornail and the laser driver circuit puts out voltage and current so its definitely the diode. it also uses C-mount type diodes.