Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your "work station"

this is mine after putting together two phr builds.....
i just can't seem to put things away as i use them.....
now my girlfriend is threatening to banish me to the basement because she is tired of that mess in the middle of our room  ;D

Attachments

• mess_001.JPG
    mess_001.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 100

Mohrenberg said:
this is mine after putting together two phr builds.....
i just can't seem to put things away as i use them.....
now my girlfriend is threatening to banish me to the basement because she is tired of that mess in the middle of our room  ;D

Heh I don't have  a work station if I do have one its in my room on the floor ;)

Glad to see I'm not the only one who does all this on their floor :p I have 2 burn marks on my floor from knocking over my soldering iron due to its silly awkward tangled cord.

HumanSymphony said:
Glad to see I'm not the only one who does all this on their floor :p I have 2 burn marks on my floor from knocking over my soldering iron due to its silly awkward tangled cord.

I have a burn mark from armstrongs mix and also a ping pong ball smoke bomb.

I was holding a smoke bomb a above a candle and it lit and I chucked it and landed on my carpet and burnt it and the armstrong mixture is VERY senistive I dunno how it lit but it did.

I do tidy up when I want to start a new build but 90% of the time it looks like this....

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• whatmess01.jpg
    whatmess01.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 85
Here's mine....kinda outgrew my old one so I threw this together last week. Still have a few more things to add, but I'm liking it so far.

DSC01764-1.jpg

Chuck

Very nice CRF :)
Since taking the photo of mine I have had a rearrangement, that bench is now just for mechanical work, I have anoither set up for the electronics side of things...I will get a photo next time I am in the workshop.

Regards rog8811

goody's has some badass 3 piece tables for sale, since they are going out of business....waiting till their last day and then i'll barter with them. hopefully i can get a new tinkering table.

Kenom

One picture wasn't sufficient in capturing the entire mess, so I had to take 3. I use this table as my assembly table, and also my shipping table. When it's not being used for either, then it's just a catch all. My computer desk is that way too.

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

diachi

HumanSymphony said:

Same ;D I have a big bit of wood to lean on now, but even that has huge holes burnt in it ( either from magnesium or molten 10A fuse ::) )

I have stuff scattered all over the place.  Too many hobbies...

dscn5894ke4.jpg

My little workstation upstairs.  Mostly for electronics and just small projects.  At the moment all my electrical components are in a drawer, I just got the part cabinets and am slowly filling them up.  No affiliation with standard life, the mug was a handout and it keeps drinks hot/cold.

dscn5896il5.jpg

Small machine shop.
dscn5895gr1.jpg

And the stuff that goes along with it.

dscn5899fa8.jpg

Flameworking setup for glass.  Mostly for decorative work but I have done scientific glassblowing in the past.  I am planning on doing some vaguely laser-related work with this in the future.

When you look it seems like I have a shitload of stuff but it never feels like much when you pick stuff up gradually over a few years and then find yourself buried in it.

BChism

CRFultz said:
Here's mine....kinda outgrew my old one so I threw this together last week. Still have a few more things to add, but I'm liking it so far.

DSC01764-1.jpg

Chuck

You are G** .... naw, j/k for real! .... NICE shop. Totally impressed! I hope to be that organized someday. :))

Nice start, great asthetics, good organization! .... 9.5/10 for CRFultz

I'm not even gonna post mine, its plain embarrassing... There are so many bits, bobs and tools I normally just put a piece of wood on top if I need a flat surface....its that bad.