Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

Can you do this with the cube ?

Kladblog's MoviePage
Can you? I appreciate the compliment of your though that there is a possibility I could produce that result, but I cannot.

Funny how, as soon as you mention that you solve cubes, that microsecond at least a dozen people will come up screaming "Can you do it blindfolded" and "Did you see that guy on youtube/TV/news/whatever; who can solve it blindfolded/under XYZ seconds/with feet/akimbo style".

My personal measured record for 3x3x3 was 1:18 minutes (though I haven't actually measured it lately. Perhaps I can do it under a minute now).
It takes me around 4 minutes average to solve 4x4x4 and around 7 and half minutes for 5x5x5.

It's the same as if you ask a random jogger on the street can he run a full 40+kilometers marathon under 2 hours.

Working UP to the damn thing, people. It doesn't happen overnight.

My personal record for the 3x3 is 24.82 sec. 4x4 was 2-3min and 5x5 was 6-7min. You should check out the square 1 and start looking into cuboids (anything not perfectly cube aka 2x3x3 3x3x4, 3x4x5, 4x4x5m 5x5x4 etc.). They stay entertaining a lot longer than the standards. Not to mention solving a shape shifter like square 1 or 3x4x5 has a wow-factor of 10000x.

@Blord, I can solve a 2x2x2 blindfolded. Also a 2x3x3. Is that good enough for you?

Last edited:

Blord

Nono, you misunderstood me. I can't do that. :)
Few eons ago I could solved the 3x3 cube. My best score was about 2 min with looking at it. But I lost the skills. Now I can only admire people who are faster blindfolded.

Things

Simple physics at work:

DSCF4925.jpg

If I'm seeing right, that's a match stick spitefully unignited by a jet of high intensity flame sorrounding it.

How?

Things

Yep - brand new and perfectly functional match too.

How: The match head is in an area where the air to gas ratio isn't right to support a flame, so the gas simply flows around the match head, and ignites on the other side once it has mixed with enough air.

Okay so far, it makes perfect sense.

However, how do you get the match stick into the "no oxygen" area through the "enough oxygen" area fast enough for it not to ignite?

Things

Stick the match in, THEN ignite the blowtorch. Took me like 8 shots to get the photo right. Using the delay timer on the camera helps.

Dan

DJNY

As we got to match-pics, this is the first one a took with my Macro

Interesting, is it multiplex driven?

Thanks , yeah 14 grid connections , then each segment is tied to the next one so 7 pins control all digits :) , then grids scan over each digit to light it up , about 20 - 24v on grids and segments .