Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Post your random pics!

Todays ride, they needed to get me somewhere fast so diverted these choppers to come pick me up, they hate it when their internet is down. They always travel in pairs.

Todays%20ride.png

IMG_9614_1.jpg

Todays%20ride%202.jpg

Last edited:
@Alaskan. You take care while you are there, Chris. We are not getting any younger and this looks to come with significant risk. Would be depressed to hear something bad happened to you. ;)

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
^^^^ yep, exactly what he said! ^^^^
Even though you do get to ride in the coolest vehicles! :cool:

Chris, I've got a question for you, while we're over here and loving all these nice pics and videos of yours, has there been any problems with you posting any of this?

GSS

@Alaskan. You take care while you are there, Chris. We are not getting any younger and this looks to come with significant risk. Would be depressed to hear something bad happened to you. ;)
Yes as this seemed more of a get me somewhere quick safe trip:undecided:
and seeing the machine gun support really got me wondering:thinking:
Don't know how much time you have left but do take care of your self:(

Last edited:
The machine gun makes it look scary, but they never use them, it is just normal ops, every one of these Chinooks have them and people manning them where ever they go over here. I don't worry for myself, I'm convinced if something should happen where I die, I will find myself in a awesome place and happier than I could be here. If not, I will never know, or perhaps, end up in hell, if you believe some of the religious stuff. It's an adventure both here and beyond, I am convinced.

My wife on the other hand would not deserve to suffer my death, or my children. If I really thought it wasn't safe, I wouldn't do it.

BowtieGuy: This stuff isn't a problem to post, but there are some places I am not allowed to take photo's. I was invited to come up to the window and take better photo's by one of the crewmen, but I didn't feel a need to do so, especially with that back end open, I'd rather keep my seat belt on. We had a general walking around with a news camera the other day showing all kinds of stuff in the background I am not allowed to show, so I don't point at that stuff, but he didn't seem to care.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice pictures Alaskan. Not everyone gets to experience that. It is cool that you was invited to take better pictures. Stay safe my friend. :beer:

Man Chris, cool pics, you are really living an adventure, do you wear a chute while onboard?

How's the housing arrangements these days?

diachi

Spring is almost here in Yellowknife! Picked up a new Samsung Galaxy S7 on Monday so here are some pictures from that. Reduced the resolution for a better fit.

0smxuIP.jpg

Qeg97NW.jpg

Also, had to throw this together the other day ... There's another DVI cable on the other end of the one in the picture too. :whistle: (this one is from the S5, not the S7!)

gUXoRX3.jpg

Last edited:
Reminds me of spring in Montana. The snow didn't thaw until well into May. They would pile it up in large mounds to keep the parking lots open.

Lots of snow, like home. RCB, so far I'm still in a tent:

IMG_9772.jpg

Ain't it great!

Last edited: