Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possibly a chance to finally get a ML501P73 diode earlier.

Hey Guys,

OK Here is the Deal.

I hate posting these threads but i want to here what you guys think.

Looking on Rayfoss site excited about this new red i just got from someone for info, I came across 3 new lasers on there site at >400mW 638nm:

www.rayfoss.com
www.rayfoss.com
www.rayfoss.com

I scroll down to the Specs and see the words "500mW diode inside":thinking:

Could it Be.....

I new from my supplier that the real reason "The Honest reson" why the 500mW where not for sale is because they where going into there laser they will sell. This is NOT Rayfoss but some supplier that i got my ML501P73 diode from and i deal with for stuff for a long time.

Could it be that now is the time and the only way we can get them is buying the laser and Extracting.

If you look the price is Dead right. ~$20 More.

Could it be there way to make Extra.?

They still have the Less power "635nm" lasers for sale so this might be it.!

Only one way to find out. I sent them an email and hope to get a response soon for you all.:)

I asked if they are using the ML501P73 diodes and i asked will the diodes be available by themselves.:beer:

Let hope we can get diodes alone soon too. But this might be good for those that dont want to wait.

I would hold off intil i get a Response.

:thanks:

Last edited:

rhd

I hope they'll just open up sales of the bare diode. I'm not sure I'd want to harvest from a cheap chinese pointer - particularly not an open can diode.

I hope they'll just open up sales of the bare diode. I'm not sure I'd want to harvest from a cheap chinese pointer - particularly not an open can diode.

Tell me about it. Who know there QC.:rolleyes:

How much are they.? I cant find the conversion for it.?

It sure is a Picture of the diode. You can tell from the bonding wire.

Nice find.:wave:

rhd

How much are they.? I cant find the conversion for it.?

It sure is a Picture of the diode. You can tell from the bonding wire.

Nice find.:wave:

380.00 YUAN = around $60 or $65 I think.

DJNY

Would donate $5 for your pig in a poke buy :beer:

I am going to do the buy now. No Need for Money. This is a steel if its true. Even if i get a 300mW it wont be that bad.:D

Keep yopu guys posted.

Edit:

I sent the a Email First.!<<<<<

Last edited:

rhd

I am going to do the buy now. No Need for Money. This is a steel if its true. Even if i get a 300mW it wont be that bad.:D

Keep yopu guys posted.

How are you managing to communicate with them?

I tried to do the same - figured it was worth the risk. But I couldn't figure out what the contact button was.

How are you managing to communicate with them?

I tried to do the same - figured it was worth the risk. But I couldn't figure out what the contact button was.

Easy you first send an email to a friend that can read this stuff.;)

When he gets back to me I will PM you.:beer:

DTR

I new from my supplier that the real reason "The Honest reson" why the 500mW where not for sale is because they where going into there laser they will sell. This is NOT Rayfoss but some supplier that i got my ML501P73 diode from and i deal with for stuff for a long time.

I was told the same thing. They are maximizing profit since they got a very limited quantity of them.:(

I was told the same thing. They are maximizing profit since they got a very limited quantity of them.:(

Iam pretty sure there is No Limited QT. They dont want to sell the diodes first because no one will buy there lasers = Less Money. I have yet to see more then a few people buy there 300mW version lasers.

So it would only make sense no.?

Thats MHO.

Iam pretty sure there is No Limited QT. They dont want to sell the diodes first because no one will buy there lasers = Less Money. I have yet to see more then a few people buy there 300mW version lasers.

So it would only make sense no.?

Thats MHO.

I don't think you're right about that.

The rayfoss, o-like and lazerer 638nm lasers aren't comparable to anything you guys build, but they are well priced.

I would be very surprised if o-like and lazerer weren't doing well with their sales of the 638 models.

While it may seem that way, a huge number of people, especially new people, go and buy directly through the websites, as opposed to through the forum.

I'm sure the collective forum builds do cut into their profits.... but you're not really competing for the same market imho.

The rayfoss, o-like and lazerer 638nm lasers aren't comparable to anything you guys build, but they are well priced.

I would be very surprised if o-like and lazerer weren't doing well with their sales of the 638 models.

While it may seem that way, a huge number of people, especially new people, go and buy directly through the websites, as opposed to through the forum.

I'm sure the collective forum builds do cut into their profits.... but you're not really competing for the same market imho.

Fair enough but i can GUESS that >50% of there sales come from the Forum or Youtube.

Most people that buy laser know about this forum and there has been very Little talk about those lasers.

Not talking about price or anything like that what i mean is that with them selling the 300mW diodes and there lasers too they are loosing alot of money compared to if we had to buy there lasers to get the diodes.

Last edited:

DTR

It is funny. I actually asked rayfoss and they said most all of the majority of their orders come from European customers so I am also skeptical on how much we can impact their sales.

rhd

I don't think so either. For two reasons.

For one, I'd actually go a step further than you did, and suggest that the collective forum builds do nothing substantial to their profits. At most, maybe 20 builds sell here a week? Those generic Rayfoss/Lazerer/etc hosts get thrown up on their site, then mirrored on a dozen other clones of their site, and sub-sites, and clones of sub-sites, and then extended further onto the auctions listing pages of drop-shippers, and sold to flee-market resellers in bulk, etc etc etc. If 30 builds sell on LPF in a week, there are probably 30 "builds" sold by those Chinese companies in an hour.

Further, they're building these Mits 500 diodes into final products that are like 400 and 500mW of output. They're not over-driving them. We're hitting 500mW fairly easily with the Mits 300 diodes. If they were really trying to encourage US to buy their builds, they wouldn't make builds that we can easily match power-wise with a Mits 300. That's actually counter-productive for them.

I'm of the mindset that they either have a limited quantity, and are wanting to use them to boost the power of their handhelds for the "regular person market" (not us, they don't care about us), or they have lots, but have some sort of separate selling restriction. Or perhaps they are even worried about competition from other Chinese sellers. They may be among the first Chinese laser manufacturers (assemblers) to have these diodes, and perhaps they want a monopoly on being able to build 500mW red pointers, at least for a little while, while others wait for their stock. Yep, that's actually what I think it is.

Last edited: