Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible to throttle sisters connection??

So is there a way, router or on her computer to throttle my sister connection? She seems to think she needs to watch 4 youtube videos at a time chat, im, and then ben on facebook.

Can anyone help

Yeah I already did hence why I'm asking. I'd love it for someone to help and not tell me to search when I wouldn't be asking if I found the answer

Last edited:

lmn

Yeah it's possible
I only know how to do it on my Linksys router but try this google search and hopefully it will turn up some results.

enabling access restrictions on router tutorial - Google Search

Basically you log into your router, set up a new internet access policy that only affects your sister's computer via her MAC address or via her network IP address.

EDIT: Another thing you could try is to go to the Applications and gaming section, modify the QoS section giving your computer higher priority than hers. I've never tried this, though, just a thought.

Last edited:
So is there a way, router or on her computer to throttle my sister connection? She seems to think she needs to watch 4 youtube videos at a time chat, im, and then ben on facebook.

Holy wow, i think we have same sister, except my sis does MySpace. Its soo terribly frustrating :mad:

DJ I had the same problem. Get a program called NetLimiter (ask me for full version) and put it on Olivia's computer. :D