Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possible bluray-type lsaers for kids?

jbtm

https://www.glowcrazy.com/

Saw the commercial on TV just a minute ago. This is a laser, they had shots showing a visible beam, they said you can adjust the beam for thicker drawing, and you can draw 50ft away.

I just thought for fun I'd share this with the public. Looks like someone made a (bluray?) laser pen for kids to draw on huge glow-in-the-dark sheets. Id hope them lasers are low power. Not sure if its a laser or just a highly focused LED that can shine long distance with a beam in a room.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Wow that's crazy. It looked like a laser from the video on the site. I am hoping it's just an LED though, cause if that's a bluray laser that is definitely more than 5mW. My 5mW bluray is no where near that blight. There are gonna to be some toasted retinas if that is a real laser. Either way there is a problem here, cause there is no way an LED can focused as nicely at they show it at the distances they showed. So either they are misadvertising the products, or it really does have a moderately power bluray diode. Really bad idea, to be honest I would never even give a 1mW bluray laser to kids, let alone one more powerful. :(

Last edited:

jbtm

Same i thought. If its a bluray laser they are really going to have issues with parents...Heck the stuff they show, Tag??? Doing a shadow cast of your body? both things are easy eye-target!

That ain't no LED.
Watch when the kid says "Look MA! I'm glowin' insane"!
He gets blasted with beams.
Also i really like the magical princess hat.
Glow get yours!

Chuck

They probably used fog to make the beams show up. To be legal to sell like that they'd have to be 5mW or less, if they aren't the company could end up in some pretty serious trouble. Especially if some kid lases their eye out.

Grix

I guarantee you that it is safe. Companies investigates the hell out of legal aspects before releasing a product like that.

Don't you guys know anything about infomercials? They always make something look better than it actually is.

Is it just me or does the laser host in the video look like this Rayfoss one? But only when she is focusing it, right after "Put on a spectacular glow-crazy light show!", about 1/4 of the way through the video.

Last edited:

jbtm

Thats what i thought too. They showed a black host with a white front. Similar to RayFoss 200mW red.

www.rayfoss.com

Maybe they beamed that laser the whole time, never holding the commercial item. to 'fake' the "Look how good it is!" concept. From what I get, the giant glowboard is all laser. the 5 second part where the kid is drawing on a 12 x 11.5 inch paper, is the product you get. So they show the product you get in action for 5 seconds. The rest, Laser.

Last edited: