Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Possibility of OPEN CAN IR LD?

Guys i have open and try to extract my LG 20x DVD burner drive, but when i try to get the first diode it was an open can, and im looking on the next, seems it was also an open can, how was that? :-/

anybody who knows this situation?

guys i need response for this i cant rip the two LD here in my DVD burner unless i will knowwhat thr red laser here...thanks :-/

chido

adgmeijin,
Here's an advice, try to keep all these questions in your other long thread, I know you want answers, but try to be patient this is a forum, sometimes it might take a day or two to get a response. If you post questions on your big thread and then the same ones on a new thread, it could get a little confusing, just try to keep everything in a single thread. ;)

roSSco

Do NOT look into the diode when you do this!

Run 200mA through it and look for red light.

Bright red light =the one you want. No light or very faint red light=don't fool with. :D

thanks, chido for the advice, i will do that. for rossco thanks for the guides.

scanna

hello!!
I did the same. I opened the LG 20X and found the diodes. The open can is the red, the other is the IR (nearly visible) they both burn !!! But i didn't find the way to get it out from the strange housing thei are trapped in. I will try but i am afraid to break them up. i will also try to buy another 20X DVD burner but other brand. Hope this helps. Bye !