Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Poseidon's Wrath!!!

IsaacT

POSEIDON'S WRATH!!!!

IMG_0450.jpg

This is a little thread I am doing to show off my first high powered 445nm laser! I have had this thing in the works for months now and it feels wonderful to finally have it complete! I am calling Poseidon's Wrath for now but I may change the name if I think of a better one.... :p

What I used in this build:
1. 9mm 445nm Laser Diode from DTR
2. 2.1A X-Drive presoldered from DTR
3. 9mm Stock Lens from DTR
4. 2x Panasonic 3100mAh Batteries from LarryDFW
5. Host from Eghemus

I'm tired of yappin so here are some more pictures!

A Display Box....I bought the box

IMG_0461.jpg

And then added foam and velvet cloth inside to make it nice and elegant....

IMG_0460.jpg

The Laser is so smooth and very reflective!!!!

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

Some of my whole collection....the Black C6 is under the weather......aka I suck at soldering lol.

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

BEAMSHOTS!!!!

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

Video coming soon......

Picture of that binder after burning.....
IMG_0497.jpg

Well, that is almost everything....last but not least I really need to thank all the people who without their help this project would have been a disaster.

First and foremost I need to thank DTR for all his help and patience, and for being such a standup guy! After my first diode bit the dust, he helped me insure future success by adding a case pin to my next diode for me. I don't have a ton of money I can spend on laser parts, but I have never regretted using any of that money in his store.
Also, I have to thank Eghemus for his quality work in creating my host for me. Getting a custom host really does take the resulting laser to the next level!
Last but not least, I really have to thank the community here, because without the helpful responses to the tons of questions I have had I would never have come this far in the hobby....I would still be using screws to ground my project box lasers...

I hope you all enjoyed this thread, and if you have anything else you think I should add definitely let me know!!! I am going to try and get a video up soon of all the burning fun, but for now pics will have to suffice.

Cheers,
Isaac​

Last edited:

DTR

It is all about presentation.:cool:

The box is a nice touch and Ehgemus does make some incredible hosts. Great job. Enjoy.:beer:

really nice work all around bro! that small stainless one looks pretty cool too ;-)

Blord

Very classy looking wooden boxes and the laser is good too. :D

jimdt7

Very nice laser you got there, loved the wooden case :gj:
+1 for you my friend :beer:

Jim

IsaacT

Thank you all for the kind words :)

@Cheech226: ya, I got that one a while back from this pretty awesome dude who lives by the big ea-Oh hello there! That little RL-118 405 is such a gem. Everytime I think about selling lasers or parts that is the first thing that I put in the "Not For Sale" pile.

Also, I was showing it to a friend of mine and his friend walked by. Turns out his friend is a machinist and wants to help me fabricate my own Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver host! I love it when making friends involves coherent plots!

+1 rep for this fine sugga baby.... better not turn around or sell it or some ehhmm! me might feel bad for ya!

IsaacT

UPDATE: I got a video up :) there is another processing with matches(and I mean a bunch of them) and if I can figure out how to edit out some dead time I may post one of balloons. Also, the annoying soundtrack won't be staying.

Last edited:

Encap

Nice work--beautiful laser!

Box is great---get amber shellac and French polish her up!

Congratulations on a job well done---enjoy it.

awesome laser in an awesome host....you went with the best of the best! Congrats! :beer: