Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

portable laser nanoscope

Hi all,
has anyone tried using his green laser to examine nanoengineered surfaces? (no mods required) It works :) I can't post links but search for it on metacafe.com using "green laser invisible objects" it's the first result, post link here :) Also, if you discover any more nanosignatures it'd be cool if you let us know.

Regards

Kenom

now that is cool.  hehe where did I put that intel box......
Kenom wanders off...........................................

Zom-B

That's actually not a nanostructure, but a hologram.

Making actual nanostructures visible is only possible, to my knowledge, by collimating the beam, shining the pointlike waist of the beam at the structure, and the reflected light will be magnified hundreds of times by the expanding beam. Note that this will only work on nanostructures of alternating light and dark areas on a perfectly flat surface, not 3d structure. (this rules out microchips)

Know holograms placed in Credit Card ? We be able to put them in 3d at real world with our red lasers and the optics from the DVD-Drives ?

I just tried this with my Core2quad box, and it worked! pretty cool!

roSSco

I've been meaning to make a thread about the following that I discovered.

Focus a red for very close burning and shine it on a wall some distance away. Now while shining it on the wall, bring your arm near the beam so that the light is shining through your arm hairs. Viola! Instant electron microscope!

I know it's not really an electron microscope, but the magnification is amazing! :D

Switch

Lol, photon microscope ;D Another cool trick is to use one of those microscopes that has a mirror under the blade to reflect light.Use the mirror to reflect your laser beam through the stuff on the blade and into the microscope lens.Remove the eyepiece(and for pete's sakes don't look into it , duh :p) and watch the amazing monochromatic image of bactieria floating around on your wall. :D