Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Popping balloons with Red laser pointer

what balloon colors will a red laser pointer be able to pop the easiest (other than black)

thx

T

timelord

FireMage2k said:
what balloon colors will a red laser pointer be able to pop the easiest (other than black)

thx
Anything that don't pop use a black marker pen on your balloon....

S

SenKat

Heh ! My daughter tried to sharpie one of the red balloons last night, it popped in her hands, and she almost came unglued ! Close to going through the roof - I was laughing my A$$ off !

T

timelord

SenKat said:
Heh !  My daughter tried to sharpie one of the red balloons last night, it popped in her hands, and she almost came unglued !  Close to going through the roof - I was laughing my A$$ off !

ROFL ;D ;D ;D You know she's gonna want a laser now so dig into the herc fund LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D

S

SenKat

hahahahaha Yeah - she's already pestering me for a laser saber blade ! I will post pics of that little beauty soon - pretty kewl little item - never knew the "technology" that went into those was so simple ! :cool:

S

SenKat

Timelord said:
When is her birthday??  ;D Get the piggy out LOL  ;D

July 25th ! If I can just keep her interested in geek toys (like her Daddy !) long enough - maybe she'll forget to ask for a learners permit to drive ! LOL not too bloody likely !
She's got one of my 50mw ones that she is allowed to mess with - has proven VERY responsible - and loved it when we went to her school to show off our toys to her class when they were studying light wavelengths, etc.... :cool:

T

timelord

SenKat said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1165269377/0#7 date=1170338525]When is her birthday??  ;D Get the piggy out LOL  ;D

July 25th !  If I can just keep her interested in geek toys (like her Daddy !) long enough - maybe she'll forget to ask for a learners permit to drive ! LOL  not too bloody likely !
She's got one of my 50mw ones that she is allowed to mess with - has proven VERY responsible - and loved it when we went to her school to show off our toys to her class when they were studying light wavelengths, etc.... :cool:[/quote]

That's really cool it's nice that she's interested in stuff like this other than dresses and make-up :)

Yes, it is nice that she is interested. It is always fun when your kids are interested in your hobbies. It is a great way to bond.

Neo

Kenom

depends on useage. mw for mw it's the exact same. Output power is going to be the same. Now when it comes to visible beam that is a different story. The green is going to have a much higher visible power than a red as green is seen better or more with our eyes than red is. see the chart below. as far as burning power is concerned it is also going do differ based on the color of the laser output and the object that you are burning. Every different wavelength reacts differently to different colors. Green for example when a red apple is looked at in green light it appears black as it's cancels out red. so you question is not easily understood unless we have more information as to what your talking about.

I think jesse is confused due to the whole 50 times brighter statement that goes around. Yes it is brighter, but it is not as powerful if they have the same power. Let me further explain.
If it is a 5mW red vs. 5mW green they are of the exact same power. However, when it comes to visibility (how reactive are eyes are to certain wavelengths) green will be more visible as shown in Kenom's chart. It also will be more affective on things that absorb red or green better, but that is different and totally depends on the object recieving "quanta" - or photons or aka energy, what ever sounds best to you- and not the laser (lol love that fancy pants word). I hope that helped.