Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

polls for banning ppl

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey guys

regarding banning members, it is usually best to bring the concern publicly on the forum and make a poll to get feedback... it is not always easy for me to hunt thru all the details to make a decision on my own, and i feel u all should have a say in these things too. we have been doing the polls for banning before and it appears to work well i think, and i think we should keep doing this

there are some extreme situations where it might not be best to make it public, but for most part make a poll and post facts / data in the thread to support your point

if i get a PM about banning someone i might not have enough facts from both sides... but usually the community overall should have a good sense what is going on.

anyways, enjoy the forum everyone
chat soon

peace
-ave

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
the more ppl that get involved and help out in these processes, it reduces the chance of someone getting banned that shouldn't have , and someone evading a ban that should have been banned

Jaseth

I agree wholeheartedly, and we have been doing that for all the recently banned members as you might have noticed ;)

I think polls are a great idea because they are not an attack on a member either - they may in fact speak for letting a member stay and actually provide a solid ground for a member to make a stand against a few members who want him/her banned, but do not represent the majority of the forum.

I have one warning though.. Make it very clear when you start such a poll that it is nothing personal (unless it is of course :p), or you will get ridiculous neg rep comments from the member named in the poll, as well as his 2 backup accounts and 2 buddies :b

Once you get into such an ordeal you will hear about it all the time for weeks, so if you care a lot about having a completely clean reputation list on your profile, or don't want drama.. ask someone else to create the poll for you! I am willing to do it any time :)

Seb

I like how we do the vote process here..
seems to work out pretty well i think.
sometimes members get a little over buthurt when people let out their opinions.. but on the web, what do you expect.
i honestly think the ones who got the banhammer (the last 3 anyways) deserved it.
:tinfoil:

I think that was about me

:crackup::crackup::crackup:its not always about you. There are quite a few people actually.

I hereby volunteer to take the hit if anyone needs a poll started. :knight:
I know you guys value your rep more than me. Plus I have enough friends to keep it level. So don't be afraid to ask.

OBJECTION !!!

Slowly remove the laser from your arss, sir.
wetpants04.gif