Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

paul1598419

There's a new article in the NY Times that sort of asks the question, "where did all the white supremacists go in the south after Strom Thurman and George Wallace left?" The answer is they are still there. They now call themselves republicans.

On Tuesday a video was released from February that showed two of them in Georgia chase down a 25 year old black kid and killed him with a shotgun. The GBI and the police had this video all along, but it brought this out in stark relief when it was just released.

Georgia is one of just four states that have no hate crime legislation, so they won't get that charge. They were both charged with first degree murder, however, yesterday. The Arbery family are not encouraged, but they are hopeful that just maybe justice will happen for their loved one.

In other news today, Michael Flynn, the guy who pleaded guilty twice in 2017 to lying to the FBI about contacts he had during the 2016 campaign with the Russian ambassador, Sergey L. Kislyak, and other contacts he had. This was announced by Bill Barr, Trump's friend at the head of the DOJ and he took a little victory lap today on Fox News. Brandon L. Von Grack, the prosecutor resigned from the case in protest.

Timothy Shea, Barr's handpicked replacement brought the filing papers to the court yesterday. But, this is far from a done deal. The presiding Judge Sullivan has said that Flynn's statements WERE material to the case in contravention to Shea's filing that they were not material and the DOJ just wanted to wipe out his conviction. YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Flynn hired new attorneys last year moving to withdraw his guilty plea. One of these attorneys, a Ms. Powell, in a blizzard of court filings, accused prosecutors of bad faith pressuring her client and of withholding exculpatory evidence. Judge Sullivan forcefully rejected all of these. Powell then wrote to Barr last summer asking for new prosecutors to look into the case, predicting on Fox News three months later that the case would be dropped long before Shea or anyone had even been appointed.

Shakenawake

I think the american people are either becoming more complacent or more powerless to act or a combination thereof. They dont even try to lie well anymore.

This stuff with these mercs caught in Venezuela is the same crap detailed in that book, confessions of an economic hitman. Pay attention.

I saw this post on a group I follow and cant resist:Screenshot_20200509-002047_Facebook.jpgFB_IMG_1589005227041.jpgFB_IMG_1589005210221.jpg

Last edited: