Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

paul1598419

There's a new article in the NY Times that sort of asks the question, "where did all the white supremacists go in the south after Strom Thurman and George Wallace left?" The answer is they are still there. They now call themselves republicans.

On Tuesday a video was released from February that showed two of them in Georgia chase down a 25 year old black kid and killed him with a shotgun. The GBI and the police had this video all along, but it brought this out in stark relief when it was just released.

Georgia is one of just four states that have no hate crime legislation, so they won't get that charge. They were both charged with first degree murder, however, yesterday. The Arbery family are not encouraged, but they are hopeful that just maybe justice will happen for their loved one.

In other news today, Michael Flynn, the guy who pleaded guilty twice in 2017 to lying to the FBI about contacts he had during the 2016 campaign with the Russian ambassador, Sergey L. Kislyak, and other contacts he had. This was announced by Bill Barr, Trump's friend at the head of the DOJ and he took a little victory lap today on Fox News. Brandon L. Von Grack, the prosecutor resigned from the case in protest.

Timothy Shea, Barr's handpicked replacement brought the filing papers to the court yesterday. But, this is far from a done deal. The presiding Judge Sullivan has said that Flynn's statements WERE material to the case in contravention to Shea's filing that they were not material and the DOJ just wanted to wipe out his conviction. YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Flynn hired new attorneys last year moving to withdraw his guilty plea. One of these attorneys, a Ms. Powell, in a blizzard of court filings, accused prosecutors of bad faith pressuring her client and of withholding exculpatory evidence. Judge Sullivan forcefully rejected all of these. Powell then wrote to Barr last summer asking for new prosecutors to look into the case, predicting on Fox News three months later that the case would be dropped long before Shea or anyone had even been appointed.

Shakenawake

I think the american people are either becoming more complacent or more powerless to act or a combination thereof. They dont even try to lie well anymore.

This stuff with these mercs caught in Venezuela is the same crap detailed in that book, confessions of an economic hitman. Pay attention.

I saw this post on a group I follow and cant resist:Screenshot_20200509-002047_Facebook.jpgFB_IMG_1589005227041.jpgFB_IMG_1589005210221.jpg

Last edited:

paul1598419

You should look at Doonesbury by Garry Trudeau. It has much more commentary on Trump's nonsense concerning all problems that he has been the cause of. Doonesbury was the go to political cartoon back in the 1970s. Did you see Trump linking a tweet to some demon sperm doctor because she said some of the things he has? It is hilarious! She also claimed the government was introducing chemicals into people to turn them against religion. Trump's tweet was removed by twitter. He said this morning that he still stands by her advice to take hydroxychloroquine for covid-19 even though the FDA has said it is ineffective and dangerous. That is Trump's own FDA.

Last edited:

Shakenawake

I did see that. Had to double check that it wasn't satire because it's so hard to tell these days as trump has become a parody of himself

paul1598419

Yeah, Trump has become a running joke on much of social media these days. I'm not so sure he wouldn't rather be that than take responsibility for his total failure of managing all the problems that have come to exist because he is such a terrible manager at anything that arises, whether he is the source of the problems or not.

RB astro

Super Moderator
Staff member
America either has 4 months, or 4 months and four years of 'relative' peace.
After that, if/when the democrats get in, it will be bye-bye to the country I once looked up to with so much admiration.

America is being attacked from within by the sold-out "Marxist-Commu-Muslim Fascist left" and will be overtaken just as 'westernised' Iran was circa 1978-79.

Just saying.....

RB
🇺🇸

Shakenawake

America either has 4 months, or 4 months and four years of 'relative' peace.
After that, if/when the democrats get in, it will be bye-bye to the country I once looked up to with so much admiration.

America is being attacked from within by the sold-out "Marxist-Commu-Muslim Fascist left" and will be overtaken just as 'westernised' Iran was circa 1978-79.

Just saying.....

RB
🇺🇸
Yawn. Pretty uninformed. Biden is basically a moderate republican. I dont like him but its looking like he'll win. Trump's attacks on H.R.C. in 2016 were way more substantive that much of what he's going after Biden with. Now he says Biden wants to defund the police and is pro antifa and riots. Yeah, the guy who wrote the crime bill and is largely responsible for mass incarceration of black people is now antifa anarchist and in favor of no order. We have a pandemic and huge unemployment, a pending homelessness crisis etc etc and trump is worried about frickin stautes being defaced. Good luck with that Trump. See how it works for ya this November. At this point trump can only fool the people who are ride or die for him no matter what he does. Like when he wants to violate the first amendment by locking people up for a year for flag burning. Or when he wants to and does violate posse comitatus by deploying the military and federal agent without the states consent against U.S. citizens. (This is what authoritarian tyranny looks like but I guess it's ok when republicans do it to people you dont agree with) Or when he supports california style red flag laws taking guns away before due process. So much for the myth that he is pro 2nd amendment. If you trumpanzees dont believe me:

RedCowboy

The mob of rioters who call themselves protesters and who attack police officers are guilty of hate crimes as they hate police and aggravated assault is a crime but it's two people who painted over a BLM street mural painted on the public road that we all own who were charged with a hate crime........

How the hell is smashing windows and tearing down statutes " protesting " but painting over street graffiti is not protesting ?

Political activist in positions of authority abusing their office " authoritarian tyranny " to further an agenda is also a hate crime.

That mentally challenged political activist Saint Louis circuit attorney Kim Gardner who sold her soul to Bloomturd is guilty of a hate crime for ignoring state law to further a political agenda against gun owners by abusing her office, her case against the McCloskeys is doomed to fail and the Governor has pledged to pardon the McCloskeys if needed but that's still not right, Gardner has abused her office and is guilty of a hate crime against the McCloskeys who were well within their rights and the law.

Yes Trump got it wrong on redflags that violate our rights and neglect due process but state democrats sure have run with it.

You say not all democrats are wrong and not all republicans are right....well the opposite is also true, we should all be against attacks on our freedom, so many democrat "officials " are full out tyrants, give them a little covid-19 authority and they are locking up couples who sleep in the same bed for not social distancing in the park.

As divided as our nation is I fear civil unrest and Marshall law is in our future and as for a civil war that's already happening, it's just not a north and south thing but neighbor against neighbor and if democrats and republicans don't stop ginning up hate then the existing civil war will intensify.

ALL Americans need to respect each others rights because there are a couple of things that I will die for and someone else feels the same about something that matters very little to me........so we all need to respect each others rights and stop wanting it all our own way all the time........stop repeating the political lies and treat others as you wish to be treated or we can all kill each other over time and ruin everyone's fun along the way.

Last edited:

Shakenawake

Much of the violence from protestors is in response to violence from the police. Period. No justice no peace. I see many on the right just itching for an excuse to get their guns and mow down their fellow countrymen. Makes me wish more on the left had guns like that NFAC coalition that marched on stone mountain.

paul1598419

Trump has decided to employ a "law and order" policy like Nixon did in 1968 to try to get people to turn back towards him this fall. That is the reason for the ICE and other federal officers being deployed to Portland and other cities. It is not working and his poll numbers diminish every day. He is behind Biden by double digits nationally and in many battleground states as well. Hell, he is even behind in many red states or even in such states as Texas. If Trump plans to win in November he'll need to change tack very soon. Something he hasn't been able to do at all before.

RedCowboy

Much of the violence from protestors is in response to violence from the police. Period. No justice no peace. I see many on the right just itching for an excuse to get their guns and mow down their fellow countrymen. Makes me wish more on the left had guns like that NFAC coalition that marched on stone mountain.

There is no reason to destroy a liquor store or business or resturant or windows belonging to a hotel or loot a department store if their " protest " is against the police, they should encircle the police station and block the police from leaving the station, take the protest to the police and leave stores and hotels alone who have nothing to do with police brutality and I support the rights of NFAC but they shouldn't be lashing out at random white people along their march, that only detracts from their message just like looting and if things are allowed to continue until we have Marshall law then citizens will have to step up and do the job that police can't when/if they in their cars or their homes are attacked........some of the liberal professors have told students that when someone has a different opinion that's an assault and you need to defend yourself physically, this is a direct attack on the 1st amendment and it's wrong, so is lashing out at innocent people/businesses because you are mad at police.........take your fight with the police up with the police and respect other peoples right to have their own opinion and if you disagree with someones opinion keep your hands to yourself or else PEROID.

Shakenawake

I dont condone the looting, but I understand it. Peaceful protests are too easy to ignore. They did burn down a cop shop in Minnesota. It polled pretty high too.

Did any of you see trump talking about that executive order Biden has said he would do where the Federal Gov has to buy American made stuff? Trump had said he would do it before but never did. Then he said Joe Biden plagiarized the idea from him and then in practically the same breath said it was a radical left idea. So which is it trump? Did he plagiarize from you or is it a radical left idea? This is how we know they're just blowing smoke with all this radical left crap, where suddenly EVERY democrat is radical left, or under their influence. Oh please, I wish Biden was a puppet of the radical left, if we're going by what was formerly the radical left, sanders, AOC, etc. Its so pathetically transparent. When you get so hyperbolic with that stuff, you start sounding like the boy who cried wolf

Person, woman, man, camera, t.v. damn, I'm a genius. Such cognitive, much wow.

Last edited:

Shakenawake

Oh and I would also like to mention that there have been multiple instance where violence and property damage was caused by right wing or white supremacist groups to make the protestors look bad and justify a violent response by police. Also multiple instances where police were breaking windows, slashing tires, leaving piles of bricks, and the like. Undercovers among the protestors to try to provoke violence. A pretty old tactic.

I wanted to post on the thread about police being blinded by lasers but it was closed already. While I dont condone that either it's hard to feel that sorry for them given the number of protestors they've blinded by shooting them in the eye with rubber bullets (which arent supposed to be used the way police are often using them)

Last edited: