Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

paul1598419

"Take a nap?" Yes, it is easier to deflect Trump's mismanagement of the presidency than to try to defend it. Voters are sick and tired of Trump's TV host style of leadership and it will become painfully obvious this November. You actually want to say that Trump wasn't working for the rich when he passed $2 trillion in tax breaks that broke very heavily for the wealthy and corporations? Biden is the best bet to get a government that works for everyone in the US. He'll bring back the ACA and give the tax breaks to paycheck earners. He'll also give college aged students free tuition to state colleges. while it is true that HRC lost in the electoral college, she got 3 million more of the popular vote. Biden won't have the problem with the electoral college that HRC did. Trump won by a <80,000 votes across four states. Biden will mop up those votes in November. :ROFLMAO:

RedCowboy

Yes Biden will take a nap then do what his handlers tell him to do and act very confused when asked about it later.

Trumps tax cuts got the economy moving like it hasn't been in a very long time but Biden will only do what he is told to do, he's not going to make life better for the working American, Biden is going to raise everyone's taxes and keep us in a depression which no matter what Biden does you would blame on Trump.

MARK MY WORDS.... IF BIDEN WE WILL SEE A LASTING DEPRESSION !

Biden is not going to win unless this mail in ballot election is corrupted which I am concerned it will be, many people who wouldn't have voted for Biden or at all will have " mail in " ballots cast for them, this is going to have to be scrutinized very intensity, lawsuits may be filed, we may need to do the whole thing over with people actually voting in person, but after what the democrats pulled last time anything goes.

3 Million illegal immigrants voted in California and I expect even more will vote this time, California is trying to hand out cash to illegals to buy their illegal votes even now which is against the law.

paul1598419

Trump's tax cuts went heavily weighted to wealthy Americans who banked it. That did nothing for the economy. We have had mail in ballots in Washington for many years and no problems with voter fraud. Without evidence republicans always point to imagined voter fraud that has never occurred in the US, unless you count the republican district in North Carolina where the incumbent used absentee ballots to try to rig that election. Mail in ballots make sense during an epidemic where mitigation is all we have because Trump wanted to play this down and we still don't have the testing necessary to open up yet.

Don't worry. Biden's margin of victory will be so wide that no one will believe that there was any fraud. California is giving immigrants money during this epidemic as they are effected as much, if not more than, other Americans. Good for Gavin Newsom. This is hardly a bribe for votes, though. Where is your evidence that millions of illegal immigrants voted in 2016? It doesn't exist.

Last edited:

paul1598419

Yes,. talking heads on Fox and Friends have been sounding the voter fraud alert since Trump said 3 million illegal immigrants voted in 2016 to cover his huge popular vote loss at that time. Still, where is your EVIDENCE? There is none. You must have a valid Social Security number to register here and if there are exemptions for this it is for very few people. Show me where illegal immigrants voted anywhere ever. I'll bet there are fewer than a dozen over the past 50 years, if that many.

RedCowboy

It can be difficult to prove but when more people vote in LA vote than there are living eligible people then there's a problem, luckily it's being addressed, but this mass mail in vote could be prone to ballot harvesting so we will be watching, as for your polls I don't think 5 or 10 % really means much and it guarantees nothing.

paul1598419

Yes, California had registered voters on its rolls that hadn't voted for several years, but this is hardly proof of voter fraud. Watch all you like as illegal immigrants have never voted in our elections. They have much larger problems than who is going to be president in 2016 or 2020. They are just trying to do their work without bringing attention to themselves. This epidemic has hit them harder than anyone else here. And yes, California has started removing voters from their rolls that don't respond to the letters sent to them asking if they are still living at those addresses. Still, no proof of voter fraud.

RB astro

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey everyone :)

Just had to post a g'day, hope all is well with " y'all " {in my best Texan accent}.
A had a good laugh with this pic below.
I think they're trying to flatten the wrong curve.
:LOL:

Stay safe everyone.....
RB

flatten-the-curve.jpg

diachi

If you've criticized Trump for being a rapist yet vote for Biden you're a hypocrite. Not only does Biden have credible accusers, there are countless videos of him touching young girls in rather inappropriate ways.

Remember every time someone accused Trump or Kavanaugh of sexual assault and it was all over the news? Yet someone (who is more credible than most Kavanaugh or Trump accusers) calls Biden a rapist there's practically no mention of it in the mainstream media. What happened to #MeToo? Do we only believe all women when they're accusing our political rivals of sexual misconduct?

People give Trump shit for his apparent cognitive decline, Biden doesn't even know where he is or what he's doing half the time. The DNC couldn't come up with a better candidate than him?

paul1598419

Yes, yesterday Trump trotted out CEOs from companies doing just fine right now like Johnson & Johnson, some testing companies and others that do a lot of online business. Seemed pretty callous with so many out of work people, but I believe that was the point. To show not everyone is suffering here. While the CDC has refused to mandate rules to protect the many thousands of workers in meat processing plants while thousands are already infected and at least one per day dies from this virus. People there have to decide if they want to died from this virus or no income as Trump has refused to allow them any relief from the awful conditions they work under. They are now working under a presidential mandate as essential workers, so those are their only choices. If you look at the places where these plants are located they are the new hot spots of infection in the country now. The harsh truth is they didn't have to get to this point in the first place if this administration had used the time it had early on to get testing ramped up. Still haven't gotten the testing needed yet to open the country, though that is happening anyway. We shall see if voters have forgotten this in November.

paul1598419

The Washington post showed 16 women who have credible complaints against Trump molesting them or worse. There is this new allegation against Biden and I'll wait to see what the results of an investigation shows, but how can you call anyone who votes for Biden a hypocrite? The two don't seem even close to each other when comparing Trump's 16 allegations to Biden's 1. It does seem a bit unusual that she would come out now, 27 years later after saying that she didn't pursue this further earlier because she has so much respect for Biden. Her words, not mine. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find the Trump campaign is pushing her to make these allegations now. It wouldn't be the first time Trump has paid money to gain a political advantage.

It was reported today that Trump went off on his campaign manager, even threatening to sue him though how that would work out is difficult to imagine, because of his miserable poll numbers. Trump has claimed his management of this outbreak a total success, and even Jared Kushner was on Fox & Friends this morning claiming total success, though polls show a very different story. The RNC and Trump's own campaign have told him he is losing this election and if things don't turn around soon his chances seem slim to none. Each day Trump opens his mouth on this epidemic in the US he loses more in the polls. He is now planning on a trip to Arizona to try to boost his margin there. All this time, Biden hasn't been campaigning at all and has barely been heard from except to call this allegation false.

Seoul_lasers

I thought I'd share these videos. I think it sums up how many across the world now feel about state of things in the US.
Self-centred dramatization seems to be at the centre of every mass tragedy, and takes away from the human element and or the hard facts.
No time in history is this problem more evident than right now. While Your country (America) teeters on the edge of no-return, many in your country have decided to protest stay at home orders and play petty politics with the Democrat vs Republican game. It is quite frankly sickening to watch the level of ego-centric behaviour, from what once was a world leader. I ask you as an "American", where is your leadership? Where is the championing of human rights? Where is the morality? .... Something has definitely gone missing.

Maybe when this crisis has come to an end your Government and its people will have to rebuild your international reputation and redefine who you are as a people...

Picture: America fights CoVID-19

1588212560036.png

Shakenawake

I thought I'd share these videos. I think it sums up how many across the world now feel about state of things in the US.
Self-centred dramatization seems to be at the centre of every mass tragedy, and takes away from the human element and or the hard facts.
No time in history is this problem more evident than right now. While Your country (America) teeters on the edge of no-return, many in your country have decided to protest stay at home orders and play petty politics with the Democrat vs Republican game. It is quite frankly sickening to watch the level of ego-centric behaviour, from what once was a world leader. I ask you as an "American", where is your leadership? Where is the championing of human rights? Where is the morality? .... Something has definitely gone missing.

Maybe when this crisis has come to an end your Government and its people will have to rebuild your international reputation and redefine who you are as a people...
I hate to break it to you, but America hasn't cared about human rights for a LONG time. We overthrow democratically elected leaders, back and train right wing death squads who massacre civilians, assassinate or depose world leaders if they dont have nukes and dare to stand up to the corporatocracy, or stand for the disenfranchised and poor working class. Our international reputation has been on the decline since after WW II for any who pay attention or who arent beneficiaries of the corporatocracy. We prop up brutal dictators so long as they play nice with our companies and political leaders (insofar as they are different). We prop up Saudi arabia, who is on the human rights council. What a joke. A country that beheads people for, among other things, being homosexual, apostasy from islam, and sorcery. I'm sure there are the highest legal thresholds to prove sorcery beyond a reasonable doubt.

Can you watch shows from showtime? Just watch some of sacha baron Cohen's show "who is America". That'll tell you just about everything you need to know

Warning: mature content

Last edited: