Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

paul1598419

Today NPR reported they have a recording from the Senate republic meeting that gave many republican investors a head's up that the market was about to crash. It was Richard Burr that made 33 sales only of $1.7 million dollars in one day prior to that meeting. This is called insider trading and is definitely illegal. The other Senators have, at least, the defense that they held these stocks in a blind trust, but not Burr. Whether the other Senators can show that they didn't have any control over these sales remains to be seen. Burr is the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

RedCowboy

While Nancy Pelosi been getting in front of every camera she can and shouting gibberish about Donald Trump’s taxes, she has a lot to answer for: like how she accrued a net worth of at least $202 million as a career politician.

Liberals would never shut up about how wealthy Mitt Romney was when he ran for president (and had an estimated net worth of around $250 million), but at least he made his money restructuring failed businesses. And we all know how insane they have been about Donald Trump.

Pelosi began her political career in the House of Representatives in 1987, meaning she’s racked up that net worth in a mere 30 years in public service. Accrued at an equal rate, that would imply a net flow of money coming in (net of expenses) of 6.73 million annually.

According to a 2004 The Los Angeles Times article, Maxine Waters’ family members made over $1 million by doing business with companies, causes and candidates that Waters had used her congressional seat to help. Mad Maxine and her hubby as well as her son and daughter have all profited handsomely form Maxines escapades. She helped a company her husband was involved with get government bond business. Waters denied the allegations stating that “They do their business and I do mine.”
She used her position on the House Financial Services Committee to prevail upon officials to meet with OneUnited Bank even though she and her husband had substantial holdings in the company. As a key member of the Congressional Financial Services Committee she had influence over subordinate agencies as to where TARP funds would go. Bada Bing Bada Boom -Millions in TARP funds were miraculously diverted to OneUnited - pretty cool trick right ? She never disclosed that she held a sizable financial stake at the company.

Last edited:

paul1598419

You know those are family owned resources and not all Nancy Pelosi's.

Richard Burr was the one who sold off his 33 holdings in one day without reinvesting any prior to telling members of the republican meeting that the stock market was going to crash. He made a reported $1.7 million on that one day sale.

Just read a new report that Kelly Loefller, a Senator from Georgia, whose husband works on the NYSE, sold off more than $7 million dollars in stock right after a meeting on the covid19 virus in her Senate Health Committee. She immediately bought stocks in telecom. A bit more than a coincidence.

Last edited:

diachi

Today NPR reported they have a recording from the Senate republic meeting that gave many republican investors a head's up that the market was about to crash. It was Richard Burr that made 33 sales only of $1.7 million dollars in one day prior to that meeting. This is called insider trading and is definitely illegal. The other Senators have, at least, the defense that they held these stocks in a blind trust, but not Burr. Whether the other Senators can show that they didn't have any control over these sales remains to be seen. Burr is the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. :ROFLMAO:
Doesn't take insider trading to see that the markets were going to crash. Between COVID19 and the Russia/Suadi oil price war it was obvious what was coming. Hell, even without those it was clearly coming, maybe not quite as soon, but it was coming. Going to have to come up with something more to prove anything about any of them.

Just because the headlines say they violated insider trading laws doesn't make it true. You also neglected to mention that Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat, sold off her shares at the same time. Little bias there eh Paul?

RedCowboy

I will be very happy to vote for Kelly Loefller and I know she would be exonerated of any wrongdoing if it was necessary, Biden, Pelosi and Walters on the other hand belong behind bars.

Last edited:

paul1598419

Dianne Feinstein did have ~$400 thousand in a medical company dropped by the blind trust that handles her investments, but it is unlikely this was done as insider trading like Burr and Loeffler seem to have done. That remains to be seen if they are charged. Loeffer's husband is the Chairman of the New York Stock Exchange. She dumped more than $7 million is stocks in January before any Market crash had begun. And right after her Committee was in closed hearing about this virus. I admit I am fed up with republicans, just like Robert doesn't like or would never vote Democrat. That is why this is in this thread. It is political.

Personally, I feel that House and Senate members should be barred from investing in the stock market as they are tasked with its oversight.

RedCowboy

I really want Trump to succeed in getting a handle on this epidemic, but he seems to fall back into his old predilections of gloating on Romney being in quarantine even though his wife has medical problems and he is over 70 himself and going off on a tangent about how many billions of dollars being president has cost him. This while most Americans are worried how they are going to make next months rent payments. Maybe he'll change. I hope so.
Trump is ready to sign the COVID economic relief bill and get everyone a check to pay that rent, Pelosi and Schumer are the problem because 5 Republican Senators are now out with COVID19 and democrats are trying to slip in a few Billion dollars for pork barrel projects, this is far far worse than any alleged insider trading, pork projects include a lot of under the table hand jobs, it's how they all get so rich and it has nothing to do with helping the people who are suffering, everyone should be outraged and remember this come the election.

Last edited:

paul1598419

Yes, I saw all this yesterday. Democtrats want the the bill to have more than $600.00 in payments to people who make so little they don't pay any income tax. Also, since the cutoff for filing at all is $24,400 this bill doesn't address people who make so little they aren't required to file a tax return. It also contains a half trillion shush fund for Mnuchin to dole out, without any restrictions, to whoever he sees fit. I think they are right and republicans need to move off these silly things that McConnell either removed or added at the last moment before the vote.

paul1598419

:ROFLMAO: That is the same right wing nonsense we have come to expect from the right side of the aisle. She wants to use state labs to do covid19 testing and they are calling them "abortion labs". Hilarious!

What about all the Democratic compromises made in the Senate that Mitch McConnell pulled out right before the vote that still hasn't been worked out yet. Moscow Mitch is at it again!

Last edited:

gazer101

Maybe humanity will be better off when me and 99% of the world die in the event that this whole coronavirus containment plan goes awry and it mutates into a hot strain

RedCowboy

I was just talking to someone about that exact scenario and we agreed that people are not going to want to bunker down long enough to starve this bug completely out, we will likely see the old and sick dying off from this until we have a solid treatment/vaccine although an array of tailored to the patient treatments may end up being what we use to mitigate the death rate until then and those more susceptible to the severe effects will have to drastically modify their lifestyle which is bad as they are some of our best people.

In a few months people will be saying, yea it's going to kill 1% of our population, Oh Well....gotta live my own life.

Last edited:

paul1598419

Are you kidding me? The ACL and Fox News. Both are just propaganda arms of McDonald Trump. The first video was just some guy saying that Democrats were trying to fund abortion. Hell,. I can make a video and lie about Trump, but I don't.

As far as not self quarantining, you will kill far more than the flu does and likely crash the whole economy at the same time. But, what the hell, this generation's gotta be free. I'd hate to see them during WW II, when rationing and people died by the millions. How goddamn selfish can you get?

RedCowboy

Are you kidding me? The ACL and Fox News. Both are just propaganda arms of McDonald Trump. The first video was just some guy saying that Democrats were trying to fund abortion. Hell,. I can make a video and lie about Trump, but I don't.
paul you do lie about Trump and Fox news is infinitely more trustworthy than you are, have been or likely ever will be.
The fact is Pelosi is trying to add a list of things that have nothing to do with this virus, democrats hate Trump and have attacked him vigorously because he has been in the way of their pocket stuffing agenda and this is another good reason why we need four more years.

As far as not self quarantining, you will kill far more than the flu does and likely crash the whole economy at the same time. But, what the hell, this generation's gotta be free. I'd hate to see them during WW II, when rationing and people died by the millions. How goddamn selfish can you get?
Yes people are selfish and I expect it will become the attitude of many that the old and sick are not worth them staying home beyond a month or two but I MOST CERTIANLY DON'T AVOCATE FOR IT, I simply expect this will become the more common attitude but there are still many variables, I do hope for the best and am willing to continue doing my part, I have stopped taking any work and am mostly staying home going on 1 week now.

p.s. Regardless of what you think of Fox News when they have a Senator speaking or a clip of a senator speaking that is not a Fox News opinion, it's quite obviously the Senators opinion.

Last edited: