Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

RedCowboy

Investigation is underway, just waiting to see some charges.

paul1598419

When you get all your news from Fox, this is what happens. You get a spin where Democrats don't have the oversight of the presidency even though it is stated that the congress has this responsibility. Prior to the 2018 elections, republicans had both houses of congress and didn't do any oversight of Trump. That changed in the House when Democrats won 40+ seats and the majority. That was a huge change that had not happened since Reagan's first term. Now, since there have been more than 250 mass shootings in the US this year, many of which seem to be targeted at minorities such as Hispanics or African Americans because white supremacists have felt emboldened by Trump's rhetoric and refusal to condemn them at all, until the mass killings in Texas and Ohio. But, this is seen by many as not conforming to his rhetoric over the past two and a half years. Thus, it looks like something that was read off a teleprompter and not off the cuff, as Trump often likes to do.

It is unusual that all of the press was excluded when Trump made his visits to Texas and Ohio. I understand why he did this as there is considerable anger at Trump because of his rhetoric and is seen by many as enabling racists to do these mass shootings. The idea has always been the same. They say these mass shootings will start a race war where whites will end up in charge again and Hispanics and African Americans will be killed or expelled from the country. This is, of course, never going to be the case, but it is their narrative. There are many angry Americans and there are a lot of debates going on throughout the country as to what should be done next.

It is also strange that Trump seems to want to talk about the "squad", though none of them are presidential candidates. I guess it is easier than trying to attack Biden who still has a majority of votes, including double digits in every poll against Trump. I believe there is a case to be made that Trump has alienated so many groups that his reelection will be even more difficult than his 2016 election was. We will just have to see in November of 2020.

RedCowboy

Oversight is one thing but what has been done to Trump is beyond harassment and just because you call him a racist doesn't make it so.

Comey acknowledged under oath that the FBI used an uncorroborated document funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC as so called evidence in an offical request for a FISA warrant to spy on Trump adviser Carter Page, a key step in the Russia collusion farce
The dossier was produced by Christopher Steele but was not verified when it was used in the Carter request and Comey admitted it was still unverified when he was fired six months later and anyone can look at the Muller crew and see they should have recused themselves but this was never meant to be fair oversight but an improper search for anything to use against Trump, I hope the guilty are held accountable.

Last edited:

paul1598419

That has been the republican talking point, but the report states it was Trump's own calling out to the Russians that initially got this investigation started. Never before had any presidential candidate reached out to a foreign power, much less an adversarial one. The Steele report was only mentioned in the Mueller report, and if you read it, you will see there were many reasons the FBI was concerned about this. Republicans talk only about this one factor and leave out everything else. The FBI has always been a nonpolitical investigation entity and calling them partisan now is a political tactic to try to deflect from the real issues.

RedCowboy

Trumps own calling out ??????
Just what is that, did he stand on his tip toes pointed towards Russia and yell " KEY PUTIN " ???
Are you talking about his levity when he said " hey Russia " during a rally ? You know again if Hillary wasn't protected by the FBI and make no mistake she was........impartial my ass, they let Hillary totally off the hook passing out immunity to everyone around her like candy early on while they locked up Trumps people for saying the wrong name of the month..............impartial BS

The FBI had some bad actors, many have been fired, remember McCabe? so your story doesn't wash, but the dems keep spinning stories as if Obama didn't put those illegal immigrant children in cages, but the media used the images against Trump, that's the kind of misinformation that's going on. t
Today I was listening to the dirt eating guy, not but-edge-edge but the moron on the skateboard that eats dirt, O'Rourke, anyway he was ragging on Trump and talk about immigrants and threw in the word " torture " as if Trump wanted to " torture " immigrants, what complete BS, next he will accuse Trump of raping and eating immigrants, no immigrant children......

Really none of the dem hopefuls are worth a dam, they have been spewing the most disgusting hateful BS and none of them should ever be president of anything much less our Nation, maybe the dems will roll out the real candidates later on ?

paul1598419

Yes, Trump fired many people including Comey. Hence, the obstruction investigation. You keep making my case for me. Clinton had no power to hand out immunity to anyone. That is another Fox News talking point. Just buckle up and actually read the Mueller report. It is fascinating and full of all kinds of revelations many who have never read it are unaware of. The $5 billion fine Facebook had to make was in response to their handing out personal information on voters to people who would pay to get it. Trump supporters and campaign officials.

RedCowboy

Nonsense paul there was no collusion, no collaboration, and no charge of obstruction.

Clinton did not hand out immunity the FBI did, they ( FBI ) handed out immunity to every cell phone smashing bleach bits hard drive scrubbing cohort around Clinton.

Trump had the right to fire Comey and Comey was a bad actor, hell Rossenburg wrote the report telling Trump he should fire Comey.
Ohh BTW
Bruce Ohr 302s released just today. :D The Russia hoax totally unravels. There was systematic corruption at the top of the FBI and DOJ against Trump and in favor of Clinton and Adam Schiff did collude with Russia.

Last edited:

paul1598419

:ROFLMAO: That is hilarious! There are at least 11 well documented instances where Trump ordered someone to fire Mueller and the ONLY reason it didn't happen is that the people in his administration knew it would be an illegal act. There are far more instances where Trump either tried or did obstruct justice. He was not charged only because a memo from the Nixon days said you can't indict a sitting president.

I am old enough to remember when J. Edgar Hoover was director of the FBI. That was a lawless time. He had his agents collect dirt on every person in government in order to stay in power until he died. No one dared to oppose him.

paul1598419

Chris, as you know or should know, the Charter School system is the republican agenda solution to defunding public schools in America. It is past inflammatory to lay the gangs in American cities at the feet of Democrats because of the push back against republican efforts to defund public schools. Many republicans would like to take this money and use it to offset the tuition they spend to send their lily white children to private schools.

And, in the same breath, to use Row v. Wade as a talking point for loss of black lives smacks of the disingenuous way republicans frame these arguments. Life begins at birth, not when some sperm meets and egg. This shows the utter lack of empathy that exists among republicans for the lives of black people in America. And to use some right wing black individual to promote this message is also disingenuous.

Yes, there are 8% of blacks who support Trump, but that only shows that blacks are not all of one mind as Trump would like us to believe.

Did anyone see the "Weekly" last night showing how social media has destroyed many places, most notably Brazil, especially YouTube which uses algorithms to push hateful speech and even young children's videos together, if they are sexual or suggestive, for the gratification of older men? This is a continuation of what was used during the 2016 presidential election in America, but this time it is done only to keep people watching so they can get the most money for their advertising. Disgraceful!

RedCowboy

I know that people were getting evicted and houses were being boarded up during Obama and it was at it's worst near the end of Obamas 8 year reign, but now after 2 years of Trump those houses have been remodeled and people are living in them again, property values have gone up and people have jobs and real hope and that is in my own neighborhood where I live in the suburbs of Atlanta Georgia and my neighborhood where I live is 95% African American by the way, Trump cares and it shows, Trump gave us more than hope for change, Trump gave us results.

paul1598419

People have short memories. Obama inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression from his republican predecessor. It took many years to get the struggling economy back, but it was in the improvement you see now before he left office. What has Trump done, specifically, to improve the lot of home owners since being elected? It is in spite of his efforts and not because of them that the economy is still doing better. His trade war with China is a constant drag on the economy and he red lined many black and Hispanic families from his properties for years. He has done nothing for minority families except to alienate them at every turn. His citizen question on the census was first thought out by a republican who noted in his writings that it would be a great way to under count and Trump even used his own talking points, like it was necessary to help minorities protected by the 1965 voters rights act. Chief Justice Roberts writing for the majority said it was "pretextual", legal word meaning bull$hit after seeing the newest documentation that plaintiffs brought forth showing the true author of this idea and the exact same language used in both cases.

RedCowboy

My God paul, do you actually believe your own bullshit or are you just regurgitating what you hear somewhere else ?

Anything bad you say is Trumps fault and anything good is because of someone else, typical unfounded liberal bullshit as well the dems always accuse others of what they are doing, Trump did not collude with Russia but HRC and company did, just follow the money and you will see Hillary paid for the bogus Steel dossier and I saw the economy getting worse under Obama and when Obama's 2nd term ended things were at their worst, it got much better under Trump, there's just no way to spin this, it was obvious, Trump has done a lot to stimulate business and bring back jobs and you hear it when you talk to real people, their memory is not so short that they don't remember how hard it was under Obama, people would say " Keep the hope and change nXXXa, give me a job. "

I am telling you I heard this during Obamas 2nd term here where I live in a predominantly African American area, hell the people I know who work at Wal-Mart were saying that they were going to keep this crappy little job cause jobs are hard to get, now everyone of those abandoned houses in my neighborhood have been refurbished and I have not seen anyone's belongings littering the front yard in the last 2 years, but at the end of Obamas 2nd term is was normal to see and the boarded up houses were not getting fixed at all, it was looking bad, Thank God for President Donald Trump.

Oh and if you are not a US citizen then you should not be voting, California's illegal immigrant voters are the only reason HRC got the popular vote.

Read and learn: http://www.capoliticalreview.com/capoliticalnewsandviews/illegal-aliens-tell-of-ballot-harvesting-in-california-to-flip-the-house-blue/

paul1598419

No, I actually do research into what I bring to this conversation. Not silly statements like, "I live in a 95% black community and my neighbors can't find work because of Obama's policies". these kinds of anecdotal unsubstantiated remarks don't add information, just your opinion, which is well known now.

The talking point that 3 to 5 million illegal aliens voted in 2016 is Trump's unsubstantiated accusation that covers the near 3 million popular votes that he lost by, but there is no evidence, what-so-ever, to show anything close to this. In fact, the only voter fraud to date that has been actually Shown is the North Carolina ninth district that still has no representative because the republican, Mark Harris, in that race illegally collected ballots and had them changed to win that race in 2018. After his son testified that his father had done so, and after his son had told him this was illegal, Harris stated there were irregularities and the race should start over, which will happen this September.

As to the economy under Obama here are some links that are not biased:

Your Stephen Frank link, a right wing so called news reporter, not withstanding, you should offer REAL evidence of Democratic ballot interference.....like I have for republicans.

Last edited:

RedCowboy

You can piss down my back and tell me it's raining but I know better paul.

In your defense there is a lot of misinformation out there, so lets look at what people in the know were saying during Obamas recession

paul1598419

Nice try. But, who is Peter Farrer? He is a right wing columnist who believes in supply side economics and is a climate change denier, just like Trump. I gave you links that are nonpartisan and are not opinions. Sure you can find all sorts of opinions about many things, but try to stick to statistics. Farrer likes to cherry pick his recessions leaving out the one that started in 1929 and focusing only only the policies of Reagan. Huge surprise. He was a Reagan cheerleader and continues to be to this day. But, Reagan raised taxes 12 times during his administration and purposely devaluated the dollar. Some even like to credit him with the dissolution of the Soviet Union, but he had nothing at all to do with that.

And Julio Gonzalez is an opinion blogger who is a Trump devotee and spends all his time trying to make people believe that Trump is some wizard who majically transformed a horrible economy left by the first black president. Nonsense! Give me statistics. Leave your opinions at the door.