Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Thanks for supporting LPF!

Avery's Instagram

Politics and General Debates Thread

RedCowboy

I suspect Biden's handlers pump him full of anti-Alzheimer drugs, but they wear off before he can finish, also these drugs tend to become less effective over time so they can't be used all of the time, that said I'm certain Biden is getting the best treatment available, still his mental decline is hopelessly evident for the world to see, I feel shame for America and fear for our safety while Biden is in office.

Encap

LOL "Weekend at Bernies" , Oops, I mean "Biden's"

Biden Vows That If Russia Invades Ukraine, U.S.

Will Invade One Country Of Equivalent Value

Biden Bernie.jpg

WASHINGTON—Condemning Putin’s actions across the region in the strongest possible terms, President Joe Biden vowed Monday that if Russia invaded Ukraine, the United States would invade one country of equivalent value. “Should Russia attempt any incursion on Ukraine, the U.S. will not stand down, and we will have no choice but to use our full military force to invade a different yet similar nation,” said Biden, adding that the U.S. had already investigated several targets with equivalent GDPs, populations, and landmasses to potentially invade should Russia continue it’s unsanctioned war. “America has troops positioned all over the world, and should Putin continue his bullying, I will deploy them against one, or even several small countries, that Russia has zero interest in, but are still valuable when you add them all up together. Putin—you’ve been warned. “ At press time, U.S. troops were stationed along the borders of 17 different countries and awaiting further instructions.

~ The Onion - America's Finest News Source ~

Ears and Eggs

Super Moderator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Wow, apparently the Trucker Convoy Protest has now grown to thousands of trucks, this is gonna be quite impressive when it gets to Ottawa this weekend. The truckers are driving from all over Canada and even some from the US are joining now to protest against mandatory covid vaccines. I live in Ottawa, and will post some pictures of what I see.

paul1598419

Huh, what are you saying "no" to? @RedCowboy just pointed out that gender and ethnicity should not be considered at all when choosing a person to do a job. I 100% agree. Imagine if you were given a job and your boss or HR department mentioned that you got the job because they had to fulfill a quota - how would you feel about that? Isn't that a backhanded way of telling you that you were not qualified for the job?!

Of the 115 Justices appointed to the SCOTUS 108 have been white men. Did you think that the first woman was filling a quota? Every time there is a first on the SCOTUS is it filling some quota? That is nonsense as there has never been a Black woman on the SCOTUS. The first Black man was Thurgood Marshall and I suppose he was filing some quota in your eyes. That makes it impossible for any one other than a white man to not be a quota. See how foolish that is? The SCOTUS is not like any other job as it is filled for life. The last time a conservative justice was replaced by a liberal one was when Kennedy was president. And a Conservative has held the Chief seat since Warren's seat was filibustered by Republicans during LBJ's term and Nixon filled that seat.

Last edited:

RedCowboy

No, there has never been a Black woman on the SCOTUS and many people believe it is passed time for one to be appointed as they make up more than 15% of all people in the U.S. Trump had no problems claiming every nominee he put forward would act to overturn Roe v Wade.....even though everyone of them said that was settled law. That is the definition of a hypocrite.

Black women do NOT make up 15% of the US population, African Americans all together ( men + women + others ) make up less than 15% ...............actually Blacks make up 13.4 % as of 2021 but that's not counting the deduction for a few million illegal immigrants. Black women make up basically less than 7% of the US population.

You don't understand the definition of " hypocrite " yet you are a hypocrite, how ironic.

Philosophical issues raised by hypocrisy can be broadly divided into two kinds: conceptual and ethical, you paul are patently dishonest and ethically hypocritical.......you claim to stand against racial bias yet you promote it and celebrate it when your party is discriminating based on race, if you had any shred of integrity then you would not be so blatantly hypocritical.

paul1598419

For Biden to exclude all but black women candidates is racism. What don't you understand about that ?

Was it racist for Trump to only nominate White Men until Barrett? His agenda was much more specific. He said all his nominees would overturn Roe. LBJ put Thurgood Marshall on the court and I guess that was a quota. Biden made a promise to seat the first Black woman just like LBJ seated the first Black. I consider that putting marginalized persons on the court, not racism, and no one who voted for and made Biden president does either. What don't you get about that?

You are correct that Black women don't make up 15% of the population. I was guessing as they had made up more than 12% in 2019, but that has fallen to 11.8% now but that is not 7%. So what? That is from the 2020 census. Last time I checked that was ALL Black women in the U.S. Afterall, that is what the census counts and always has.

Last edited:

RedCowboy

Was it racist for Trump to only nominate White Men until Barrett? His agenda was much more specific. He said all his nominees would overturn Roe. LBJ put Thurgood Marshall on the court and I guess that was a quota. Biden made a promise to seat the first Black woman just like LBJ seated the first Black. I consider that putting marginalized persons on the court, not racism, and no one who voted for and made Biden president does either. What don't you get about that?

You are correct that Black women don't make up 15% of the population. I was guessing as they had made up more than 12% in 2019, but that has fallen to 11.8% now but that is not 7%. So what? That is from the 2020 census. Last time I checked that was ALL Black women in the U.S. Afterall, that is what the census counts and always has.

Is it impossible for you to tell the truth or you just really bad at math ?

There are 330 million Americans and 22 million are black women, that makes black women less than 7% of the people in the USA
Note: Numbers are rounded.

African American/Black women make up 12.9 % of all women in the United States, NOT 12.9 % of the US population.

Biden is excluding 93+ % of people based on race/gender, Biden excluding all candidates other than black women is RACISM and SEXISM.....PERIOD.

bostjan

Of the 115 Justices appointed to the SCOTUS 108 have been white men. Did you think that the first woman was filling a quota? Every time there is a first on the SCOTUS is it filling some quota? That is nonsense as there has never been a Black woman on the SCOTUS. The first Black man was Thurgood Marshall and I suppose he was filing some quota in your eyes. That makes it impossible for any one other than a white man to not be a quota. See how foolish that is? The SCOTUS is not like any other job as it is filled for life. The last time a conservative justice was replaced by a liberal one was when Kennedy was president. And a Conservative has held the Chief seat since Warren's seat was filibustered by Republicans during LBJ's term and Nixon filled that seat.
Paul, you were the one who said that the Supreme Court needed a black woman on it, and you later reinforced that by saying that there hadn't been one.

That's textbook quota. If you had a specific person in mind, it'd be fine. And if you read what I said, you'd see that I'm saying that the problem is with defining ethnicity or race as a qualification for a job, which is what is happening when you say "we need a __ethnicity__ in ___job position___." It's the wrong approach.

paul1598419

Is it impossible for you to tell the truth or you just really bad at math ?

There are 330 million Americans and 22 million are black women, that makes black women less than 7% of the people in the USA
Note: Numbers are rounded.

African American/Black women make up 12.9 % of all women in the United States, NOT 12.9 % of the US population.

Biden is excluding 93+ % of people based on race/gender, Biden excluding all candidates other than black women is RACISM and SEXISM.....PERIOD.
Here you go:

Here you'll see that black women make up 11.8% of the U.S. population.

@bostjan

As I have stated the supreme court is not like any other job in this country. It is a lifelong position making the fact that certain persons have been omitted from it to the point where of the 115 Justices that have served 108 have been WHITE MEN! The first Black man to serve on the court was Thurgood Marshal. I guess to you that would have been a quota. I can't help that. I voted for Biden in the primary and for president in 2020. Among the people who made Biden president I have yet to meet one that thinks nominating a Black woman is a bad thing. Did you vote for Biden? I didn't think so.

paul1598419

Republicans in states are now having an Owelian style blook burning as Tennessee has banned 'Maus' by Art Spiegelman, a graphic novel that shows Jews as mice and Nazis as cats that persecuted Jews during the Holocaust that won a Pulizer Prize. This is also going on in Florida and Texas as, like in Tennessee where Maus was banned for using the word "damn" and also showing the protagonists mother naked when she committed suicide. Yeay for the GOP! 🤣

RedCowboy

Haha, you are now including Hispanic women .......LMFAO :LOL::ROFLMAO:😝😜🤪

I doubt your progressives would be satisfied with a Hispanic woman

No, there has never been a Black woman on the SCOTUS and many people believe it is passed time for one to be appointed as they make up more than 15% of all people in the U.S.

You didn't say " women of color " you said " there has never been a (((((((( BLACK WOMAN )))))))) on the SCOTUS "

You got it wrong and can't admit it, this is pauls most hilarious weakness, he just can't admit it when he's wrong, which he very often is, sometimes paul runs away for a week or more after being embarrassed.

You said ( Black woman ) not ( woman of color ) you paul were wrong....again. LMFAO:LOL: :ROFLMAO:😝😜🤪

paul1598419

Haha, you are now including Hispanic women .......LMFAO :LOL::ROFLMAO:😝😜🤪

I doubt your progressives would be satisfied with a Hispanic woman

You didn't say " women of color " you said " there has never been a (((((((( BLACK WOMAN )))))))) on the SCOTUS "

You got it wrong and can't admit it, this is pauls most hilarious weakness, he just can't admit it when he's wrong, which he very often is, sometimes paul runs away for a week or more after being embarrassed.

You said ( Black woman ) not ( woman of color ) you paul were wrong....again. LMFAO:LOL: :ROFLMAO:😝😜🤪

Apparently you didn't bother to read it. It states that the percent of "Black women" in 2019 was over 12%. Yeah, they also include other persons of color, but they aren't ambiguous about the numbers of Black women. Try rereading it again. I feel if you read it enough you will actually understand what it states. :LOL: 🤣 :LOL: 🤣 :) :)

RedCowboy

No, there has never been a Black woman on the SCOTUS and many people believe it is passed time for one to be appointed as they make up more than 15% of all people in the U.S.

You said " Black woman " NOT woman of color.........and from a self claimed race expert, you were WRONG AGAIN and you can't stand it. LMFAO 🤪😂🤣😝😜

Last edited:

bostjan

As I have stated the supreme court is not like any other job in this country. It is a lifelong position making the fact that certain persons have been omitted from it to the point where of the 115 Justices that have served 108 have been WHITE MEN! The first Black man to serve on the court was Thurgood Marshal. I guess to you that would have been a quota. I can't help that. I voted for Biden in the primary and for president in 2020. Among the people who made Biden president I have yet to meet one that thinks nominating a Black woman is a bad thing. Did you vote for Biden? I didn't think so.
"The Supreme Court is not like any other job." - Agreed.
"It is a lifelong position making the fact that certain persons have been omitted from it to the point where, of the 115 Justices that have served, 108 have been white men!" - I'm confused. Are you claiming that 108/115 SCJ's have been white men because it's a life appointment? If so, well, umm, no. If not, what are you getting at?
"The first black man to serve on the court was Thurgood Marshal." - Agreed.
"to you that would have been a quota." - No. He was nominated because he was a heck of an attorney and LBJ said something to the effect of "he's the right man for the job." Was his race part of the decision to appoint him? I guess we'll never know for sure, but it's not like what you are saying about "we need a black woman." Imagine if LBJ nominated Marshal and said "I'm nominating him because we need a black guy on the SCotUS;" how would that have gone over?!
"I voted for Biden" - Ok, cool. For whom you or I voted should not matter. If you want to speak about it privately, I'm game, but I won't say it publicly.
"Among the people who made Biden president I have yet to meet one that thinks nominating a black woman is a bad thing." - I never said nominating a black woman was a bad thing. I said nominating a person because they are a black woman would be immorally discriminatory. Nominate someone based on their qualifications and aptitude for the job. If they are black or white or pink or yellow or purple or infrared, it should not matter.

I don't know how to more clearly state this: People should not be selected for a job based on the colour of their skin.

I don't give an aarvark's liver whether their skin colour helps or harms their chances; don't do it.

If you are out there yelling from the rooftops that we need a person with/without specific private parts or with/without a specific skin colour to do a certain job, then you'd better have a really good reason for it or else you are a bigot. And if you think that the demographics of a specific department of the government at a certain position needs to reflect the racial demographics of the general population, that is what is called a racial quota system. I firmly believe that racial quota systems are inherently unethical, particularly when looking at a group as small as 12 people or 100 people for that matter.

Look at University admissions. Say you are an Asian male and you want to go into engineering. Let's say that you got straight A's and scored top marks on your engineer's aptitude test. Let's say you even already took advanced placement classes in engineering in secondary school. The University you want to go to has a quota system and one open slot, and they get your application and also an application from an African-American female with a B average and a 1200 SAT score who has moderate interest in engineering. Who do you think the University is going to pick and why? Is it fair? Does society benefit from this decision? Why?

I think these are important questions to ask. People are scared to talk about this, because it's controversial, and because it's messy.

But here's the crux of the problem: pay. Engineers make a lot of money because, well, it's a tough field to get into. But what about other fields of work with high pay? What about Alaskan crab fisher? Should we put women into a position where they are pressured into that career if it's not really what they want to do? No. I don't think anyone is saying that, but I'm drawing an equivalence here to cut through the noise. We want more women engineers, because the perception is that engineers make a lot of money and women don't get equal pay.

I'm 100% for women earning more money. I also think that a lot of jobs are underpaid whether there are men or women working there. But I'm 100% against using sex/gender to determine pay one way or the other. We fight for equal opportunity. When equal opportunity becomes unequal opportunity, we not only do society a disservice, but we do a disservice to the people whose livelihoods depend on those opportunities.

You want a black woman on the Supreme Court. Cool, who is the person you have in mind? You don't care as long as it's a black woman, well, then go kick rocks, because that's unethical discrimination. You may not think about it, but it doesn't change the fact that your bias is to take the opportunity away from the group of people who are not black women, which includes white men, Hispanic nonbinaries, Asian ladyboys, people who choose not to identify their race and gender, and many many other groups. And that's just wrong.

paul1598419

You know when Ronald Reagan was just a candidate he said he would appoint the first woman to the SCOTUS. Same thing as Biden saying he would appoint the first Black woman. Hell, he hasn't even named who it will be and Republicans are condemning him for this. Why don't you all just wait for his appointment and then go after whoever she is? I feel confident that whoever Biden appoints will be more than qualified to serve on the court.

It does matter too. While Trump was packing the court he nominated no Blacks to the Court of Appeals. He filled 53+ seats on those courts and only 8 Blacks as trial judges out of more than 200 seats. There have been many highly qualified Black women and one has never been appointed to the Supreme Court. Just like Reagan, who said he would appoint the first woman, Biden is going to appoint the first Black woman.

Last edited: