Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

paul1598419

As for Ray Epps.......you paul do NOT work for the FBI or do you ?
If not then you don't know why they removed Epps from the most wanted list, so far they haven't given anyone from 1/6 a break at all, quite the opposite and Epps was an instigator who compelled people to enter the Capital.

Republicans didn't want to sign one set of documents because you bastards changed State election rules, something that's unconstitutional without a vote, but it was done because of COVID on an " emergency basis " which allowed widespread manufacture of votes.

Many eligible voters who never voted before, were convinced to register by petitioners standing in front of Wal-Mart and other grocery stores across the country, then all these NEW voters got ballots sent to them in the mail on account of COVID and in many States I expect these ballots were filled out by Trump haters other than the person registered and harvested.........Now you can go back and recount these ballots again and again, that won't matter, fact is many ( mail-in votes ) were manufactured for Biden and many ( mail in ) ballots for Trump were destroyed, there were even videos of mail room workers ripping Trump ( mail-in ) ballots in half.

Now Democrats want to make the unconstitutional temporary emergency changes that State voters didn't vote for permanent by federalizing a voting process that's always been State run with each States rules set by the State voters.

Mail-out ballots are prone to fraud, European nations have known this and have mostly banned it and ballot harvesting along with by-mail voting increases the risks of fraud, ballot harvesting is illegal in Georgia and illegal ballot harvesting is being investigated from the 2020 election in Georgia by Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger.

Raffensperger said: Ballot harvesting includes manufacturing votes, acts of illegally interceding in the voting process and other crimes related to election fraud.
“An election in North Carolina was overturned because of ballot harvesting, and also in New Jersey relating to ballot harvesting schemes,” Raffensperger continued. “This should be illegal nationwide.”

I posted a brief summary of a very long and extensive article in the Washington Post today. No votes were "manufactured" as you claim, and you say this without real compelling evidence that mass fraud occurred anywhere in ANY state. You seem to be complaining that too many voters voted for Biden. Why you keep saying that EU countries don't allow mail in ballots as some proof of fraud is nonsense and has no meaning in this country.

I am aware of the redoing the election in North Carolina, but it had nothing to do with any Democratic ballot shenanigans. As I recall the Republican has done the illegal ballot removals and was not allowed to even run in the election that followed. So, if that is your example, it is not one you should use. I don't know what you are talking about in New Jersey, but I suspect it is something similar to NC.

Mail in ballots are done as the primary way that everyone votes in 6 states including Utah, which is RED, and they are not complaining about any fraud in these elections. Brad Raffensperger also said that the 2020 election was the most secure in U.S. history. I'm in favor of allowing anyone who is of legal age and not under any court ordered reasons for not being allowed to vote to vote. That is not an unusual opinion as a majority of Florida voters voted to allow ex-felons to vote. Republicans are all about restricting voters as they have no reasons or policies to entice voters to vote for them.

paul1598419

In the Washington Post tonight:

"Just before the Page County School Board voted Thursday night on whether to keep requiring masks in schools - as dozens of school districts throughout Virginia grappled this week with the hotly contested executive order from Gov. Glen Youngkin (R) declaring masks optional - parent Amelia King stepped to the microphone.

King said she has decided, against her normal custom, not to prepare a written statement for the evening public comment session, which was recorded on video posted to YouTube. She warned 'when I go off he cuff, I get really passoinate.' The she threaten the board with a promise guns if it did not make masking optional the rural Virginia district of 3,000.

'My children will not come school with a mask on', she said. 'That's not happening, and I bring every single gun loaded and ready to, I will call every -'

A board member interjected that King had run over her allotted three minute speaking time. King replied, 'Mm hm. I'll see y'all on Monday and stalked from the room. School officials later contacted the police, who launched an investigation, and raised the alarm to federal and state officials, including the commonwealth's attorney.

it was a dramatic of the turmoil that spread throughout Virginia as some school and families vowed to fight Youngkin's executive order which gives parents the right to decide whether their child wears a mask in schools.

As of Friday, the school's liberal leaning districts in the northern sectors of the state - including Fairfax , Loudoun, Alexandria City, Arlington and Richmond vowed to continue making masking mandatory in schools there citing a law passed in the summer."

RedCowboy

All 50 states have bans on electioneering in and near polling places.

However at the moment legally there are no prohibitions on electioneering in voters homes........which is what happens all too often with mail-out and absentee ballots when voting is done by mail.

This makes voters vulnerable to intimidation and unlawful influence/assistance as well as pressure by candidates, campaign staffers, political party activists, and political consultants, as well as ballot harvesters who have been reported to pay cash for votes in project veritas where we saw video of a ballot harvester in action with a carload of ballots.

I remember you paul, smugly saying that you help people in your vote by mail State " FILL OUT THEIR BALLOTS " this would not be allowed in a voting booth when voting in person, voting is a personal choice, one where people should vote their own conscious without " help " from some liberal hack breathing down their neck.

Mail-out and absentee ballots are vulnerable to being misdirected, stolen, forged, and altered, mass mail-out ballots and ballot harvesting is prone to fraud and this has been proven in Europe where they have mostly banned voting by mail.

RedCowboy

Parents in Va. will have to sue and take a stand until this overreach is corrected, it's no longer about science, it's about control.

cartoon-12122-1.jpg

paul1598419

You don't think the "I'm coming to the school in my district with guns loaded" is really a bad thing for our country? This is the real difference between Republicans and Democrats. Trump supporters are nuts! And it doesn't look like Trump is going anywhere anytime soon.

It is beyond belief that against all the evidence to the contrary you continue to say that there is fraud in the elections and it is all Democrats....even though most of the fraud in 2020 was Trump supporters trying to vote more than once.

RedCowboy

The lady said she gets off the cuff and passionate, then used a figure of speech, you're just trying to make political hay out of her figurative speech, the real issue here is democrats pushing masks on kids when kids don't die from covid, the harm outweighs any good.

Biden said if he didn't get his election stealing bill passed, then the 2022 election couldn't be legit........you democrats are pushing Americans to an ugly place, do you want every election to end in unrest ? Only if you don't get what you want, right paul ?

paul1598419

The lady said she gets off the cuff and passionate, then used a figure of speech, you're just trying to make political hay out of her figurative speech, the real issue here is democrats pushing masks on kids when kids don't die from covid, the harm outweighs any good.

Biden said if he didn't get his election stealing bill passed, then the 2022 election couldn't be legit........you democrats are pushing Americans to an ugly place, do you want every election to end in unrest ? Only if you don't get what you want, right paul ?

No, you are actually wrong. Turns out that woman was arrested today. Republicans are threatening people they think have stolen the last election or, in the case of that woman, the health care system trying to keep infections down as children are great vectors of infection outside of school. Virginia passed a law last summer stating that schools would take the advice of the CDC. Sounds like a reason to threaten to kill someone to me! At least to you anyway.

RedCowboy

I would be surprised if a jury convicted that woman based on the broken sentence you posted and in the context presented, the woman even acknowledged her mistake made under duress as the woman no doubt saw forced masking as her children's being threatened by the school board and she even contacted police herself to let them know she posed no threat before they could even arrest her, the woman even warned that she didn't prepare a statement and tends to get passionate before speaking her broken sentence, CLEARLY NOT A THREAT !

The charge is a misdemeanor of making a threat or I guess a perceived threat ??? on school property, if it isn't reduced to near nothing I bet a jury won't convict.
People don't like the government mandating things that cause harm to their children for political reasons, covid is not a problem for kids today.

Oh and parents choice passed, so no forced masking in page county schools. :)

paul1598419

We shall see as she certainly made a threat on school property. Too bad for the children and their parents and grandparents as masking has proven to limit the ability of this virus to move among people infecting them. Good for the larger metro areas that are using mask mandates. We are still under mask mandates where I live and it is not seen by hardly anyone as a hardship. I have yet to find anyone who refused or even complained about it.

RedCowboy

I bought a pack of those ( over the ear ) rectangle masks with the ruffles and they are such a joke, they may stop wads of snot from hitting your mouth/nose directly if someone sneezed right in your face, but to stop a highly transmissible airborne virus.......NO WAY........absolutly NOT !

This mask crap is just a conformity and control issue at this point, masks at this point are almost useless, you election stealing bastards have milked covid long enough, stop punishing children to push your politics that are a fail anyway.

paul1598419

I only use surgical masks. I agree that the homemade cloth masks are not nearly as effective, but the surgical masks are. They have been used for decades to limit the transmission of infections during surgery and they have been also proven to limit covid transmission.

No one is trying to control people. This is not a freedom issue. It is a health issue. We have masks mandates here in Tacoma still without problems. Also, children are not protected because they are young against severe infection or death. Masks also protect them.

Ears and Eggs

Super Moderator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I bought a pack of those ( over the ear ) rectangle masks with the ruffles and they are such a joke, they may stop wads of snot from hitting your mouth/nose directly if someone sneezed right in your face, but to stop a highly transmissible airborne virus.......NO WAY........absolutly NOT !

This mask crap is just a conformity and control issue at this point, masks at this point are almost useless, you election stealing bastards have milked covid long enough, stop punishing children to push your politics that are a fail anyway.

When I got covid, I'm pretty sure I got it from lingering airborne virus entering through my eyes as my first symptom was sudden pinkeye in my left eye. No amount of masks would have protected me from this, and unless everyone around me was wearing full gas masks, some virus could always escape from them into the air. I am sure that they do reduce the chance to some degree, but I've seen tests where some of the homemade/cloth ones are only lie 20/30% effective or less, certainly no magical shield.

At some point we just have to learn to live with this virus, we certainly can't be wearing masks for the rest of our lives like this. Also something interesting I found, if you look at a graph of covid cases per day here in Ontario, during the first wave, cases had already peaked and had been consistently going down for nearly two months before the mask mandate was put in place. The mask mandate seemed to have little if any effect on cases per day.

paul1598419

When I got covid, I'm pretty sure I got it from lingering airborne virus entering through my eyes as my first symptom was sudden pinkeye in my left eye. No amount of masks would have protected me from this, and unless everyone around me was wearing full gas masks, some virus could always escape from them into the air. I am sure that they do reduce the chance to some degree, but I've seen tests where some of the homemade/cloth ones are only lie 20/30% effective or less, certainly no magical shield.

At some point we just have to learn to live with this virus, we certainly can't be wearing masks for the rest of our lives like this. Also something interesting I found, if you look at a graph of covid cases per day here in Ontario, during the first wave, cases had already peaked and had been consistently going down for nearly two months before the mask mandate was put in place. The mask mandate seemed to have little if any effect on cases per day.

Because you got conjunctivitis at the time you, I assume tested for, and got covid doesn't mean at all that it got into you through your eyes. The receptors that give the spike protein access into cells are primarily in the nasopharynx and respiratory tract. Testimonials like this of yours are truly meaningless when it comes to learning how this infection spreads.

Ears and Eggs

Super Moderator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
While it almost certainly isn't the most common path of infection, I was told at the time that it is possible to be infected through the eyes. Ofc I can't prove that this was the case in my case, but it does seem plausible (just looked it up now and found this article).

Steinemann said that if a significant number of people were getting infected through their eyes, doctors would probably see more Covid-19 patients with conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye (though having pink eye doesn't necessarily mean you have the virus).

Also consider the path the virus would have to take to infect you. It would have to infect the surface of your eye and be carried to your nose through your tears, he said. From the nose, it would travel to the mouth or throat, and from there to the airways and into the lungs.
"That's a rather circuitous route," Steinemann said. "But I want to emphasize that it's certainly plausible."

Full article:

Wow, a protest by various groups against covid measures descended into a HUGE riot in Brussels:

(Warning: Volume, Language)

RedCowboy

The masks are useless because the virus spreads so easily, there's no point in wearing masks, however you can if you want to, but there is no good reason for a mask mandate and there are ill effects to forcing children to wear masks, you liberals like to talk about the science when it serves your agenda, well now the science says masks do more harm than good as far as children in schools.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hold on guys let's not make claims about the masks or any other preventative measure. We aren't exactly qualified to say what does and what does not work. My concern here is for those who may be reading this and end up getting sick. If I'm in the wrong on this please let me know.