Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

conceptcar3

This thread is for politics and people to vent their issues with POLITICS. It's as simple as that. You want to discuss religion then there's a thread for that. You don't have to understand or agree with it but I expect you to keep religion out of this thread. I'm not interested in getting trapped into an argument about it so don't start saying crap like that.
All I will say is I agree with John Adams. Our constitution can only work in a society that is both moral and religious. If we exclude religion from our political discourse- the constitution won’t work in that scenario. Not at all.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
All I will say is I agree with John Adams. Our constitution can only work in a society that is both moral and religious. If we exclude religion from our political discourse- the constitution won’t work in that scenario. Not at all.
One day ban for not complying. Hate to have to do this but I told you to stop... -_-
This thread isn't America... it's just a place for members to let out their frustrations with politics so it doesn't leak into other threads. That's all it is.

Last edited:

RedCowboy

Our Constitution was written for a moral people and in order for Freedom to exist, there must be personal accountability, we can't be free in a world where every man is responsible for the actions of another, no.......each man/person must be held responsible for his/her own actions.

The lawless liberal cities are a breeding ground for increasing government control.......to keep the children safe.......you know, for our own good........for the common good, Give up your liberty, for the common good.

It's the hegelian dialectic again and again, government creates a problem so they can make a case to further centralize power and " fix " it.

bostjan

Our Constitution was written for a moral people and in order for Freedom to exist, there must be personal accountability, we can't be free in a world where every man is responsible for the actions of another, no.......each man/person must be held responsible for his/her own actions.

The lawless liberal cities are a breeding ground for increasing government control.......to keep the children safe.......you know, for our own good........for the common good, Give up your liberty, for the common good.

It's the hegelian dialectic again and again, government creates a problem so they can make a case to further centralize power and " fix " it.
This is true, but please note that it's not a problem isolated to liberals. Conservatives abused the fear of the people after 911 to pass the Patriot Act, which greatly suppressed individual freedoms for the sake of "homeland security." Likewise, McCarthyism was spearheaded by conservatives.

From a high level, this is what political parties do. You take the individuality out of government by placing power with the political parties rather than with individual representatives, it is to be expected, then, that government action will move more to protect groups rather than individuals. George Washington was clever enough to predict this and he was 100% correct. Unfortunately, as soon as Washington retired, those left in charge did not share his vision and they opened up the doors to allow political parties to take over the nation. I don't care if it's the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, the Libertarian Party, the Anarchy Party, or the Anti-Party Party - if we want the nation to be more geared toward individualism, political parties need to have their power broken up and handed to individuals, so that alliances can be made on an issue-by-issue, and, more importantly, on an individual-to-individual basis. The parties are a big part of the reason why there are earmarks and porkbarrel clauses in legislation.

RedCowboy

In a 2 party system politicians hold each other accountable, at least more than they would in a 1 party system......maybe we need a 3 party system and a 2/3 majority to pass a law to be signed or vetoed by POTUS with 3/4 needed to over ride a veto and if they never got any new laws passed except those that everyone pretty much agreed on, that would be a good thing.

One idea Trump had that I liked was taking two off the books before passing a new one.

bostjan

In a 2 party system politicians hold each other accountable, at least more than they would in a 1 party system......maybe we need a 3 party system and a 2/3 majority to pass a law to be signed or vetoed by POTUS with 3/4 needed to over ride a veto and if they never got any new laws passed except those that everyone pretty much agreed on, that would be a good thing.

One idea Trump had that I liked was taking two off the books before passing a new one.
We are in a two party system, right? When was the last time any politician held another politician accountable for anything?

I think a 3 party system would allow more flexibility than a two party system, but ultimately would face the same problems. A no-party system, where legislators simply voted on each piece of legislation based on the bills merits, would be the most flexible. Democrats hate the idea because they see it as stalling every piece of legislation, since there would be no alliances. But maybe, if a majority of people personally believe a piece of legislation is bad, the piece of legislation is bad and should not pass.

paul1598419

Donald Trump started his rallies in Arizona this weekend, telling many falsehoods like White persons being discriminated against when trying to get a covid vaccine. This while his half dozen "Blacks for Trump" were seated in front of the cameras in order for him to seem less racist as he spouted these racist lies.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Donald Trump started his rallies in Arizona this weekend, telling many falsehoods like White persons being discriminated against when trying to get a covid vaccine. This while his half dozen "Blacks for Trump" were seated in front of the cameras in order for him to seem less racist as he spouted these racist lies.
When you spout stuff about racism, among other things you comment on, it makes me cringe because you are exactly that which you speak against.

RedCowboy

cartoon-11722.jpg

paul1598419

When you spout stuff about racism, among other things you comment on, it makes me cringe because you are exactly that which you speak against.

Not at all true. Donald Trump claimed, without a scintilla of evidence, that Whites were being pushed aside when it came to getting treated for covid. He is still pushing without evidence that he won the 2020 election in a landslide and there were so many fraudulent votes that the election was stolen from him. He said "White people" were pushed aside. THAT IS THE DEFINITION OF RACISM!

Ken Paxton the AG in Texas spent 22,000 hours looking for fraudulent votes and to date there are 16 where people who were registered to vote had moved and gave the wrong address at the polls. That is out of 17 million registered voters in Texas.

RedCowboy

Mail-out ballots and ballot harvesting are prone to fraud.

Democrats temporary COVID changes to voting rules were an emergency temporary measure that democrats want to make permanent, but some of the changes were a violation of State laws and the rules changes are more prone to fraud, calling it a voting right bill is dishonest, it's a voting rules bill which is wrong as the States have the Constitutional right to run their elections and always have.

Biden is a total fail !
Biden's underwater approval rating shows what a fail he is.
Biden will not " win " again.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Maybe Biden was put in place to make Hilary look better? She's acting like she's so clean and pure despite what she's done

RedCowboy

From what I have heard, and this is not a complete list........Lifelong greed, graft, corruption and dirty dealing champion, Murdered some people, lost 6 BILLION dollars from her State dept. Running guns through Behgazi, Had an American US Ambassador killed maybe to cover up said gun running, had an illegal server in a closet so she could sell influence and abuse her office as well as bilk contributors to her foundation....ohh and she smashed her phones, bleechbits her hard drives and still got immunity for all her friends to avoid ever being held accountable, Then ran for freaking President and almost bought the election, but Trump got so many votes, that even with all the mail in and illegal immigrant magic Trump won the EC vote.....She also destroyed women to protect her womanizing husband and I think she may have been cured of Parkinsons via. experimental stem cell treatment, when your Queen of America you can get that level of treatment.
Ohh she engineered the RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA ordeal to punish Trump and America for hating her so much and voting against her.

paul1598419

Texas' new restrictive voting laws seemed to be working as planned. They have excluded more than 700 requests for mail in ballots in Travis County where Austin the state capital resides. This is also happening in Harris County the largest in Texas and home to Houston. These restrictive laws have been tailored to keep young and minorities from voting. These are some of the same laws that have been established to correct a problem that never existed. The fraud that Trump claims happened despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

conceptcar3

Texas' new restrictive voting laws seemed to be working as planned. They have excluded more than 700 requests for mail in ballots in Travis County where Austin the state capital resides. This is also happening in Harris County the largest in Texas and home to Houston. These restrictive laws have been tailored to keep young and minorities from voting. These are some of the same laws that have been established to correct a problem that never existed. The fraud that Trump claims happened despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Sounds good. They need to exclude fraud from the vote tally to insure the vote is honest and accurate. That’s at least 700 less fake votes than last time.