Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

paul1598419

Well, new emails from Mike Duffy to the pentagon have been released that show he notified them about the Ukrainian $391 million hold just 90 minutes after the infamous July 25th phone call between Trump and Zelensky. These emails were released as part of a FOIA request and show, at the very least, that this hold was extremely unusual and was meant to be kept secret from as many people as they possibly could under these circumstances. It shows why Michael Duffy is on the short list of witnesses Democrats would like to see in the Senate. It is strange to hear republicans argue that there is no need for witnesses in the Senate saying they aren't going to make the House's case for them while, at the same time, these witnesses have been held up by the administration all along. The DOJ entered the mix also asking the courts to not rule on any of the administration's privilege arguments, the same ones they have been losing in every curt case so far. I guess Trump IS right. There's nothing to see here. :ROFLMAO:

paul1598419

Michael Duffy's email was the one that officially told the pentagon that the aid was being held up and it also asked them to keep this limited to staff needed to enact the hold. Far from a rushed process, this impeachment heard from many witnesses, including 3 republican ones, that laid out a compelling case for abuse of power. The obstruction of congress has been proven by this administrations complete disregard for the oversight powers of congress to look into any president's policies that might be illegal. If you watched all the witnesses as I did you know that the case against Trump has been made, but there is so much more that we don't know about such a corrupt president who was obviously using the power of his office to get a foreign government to investigate his political rival. This investigation was only advanced once Biden announced his candidacy for president in 2020. Even if he weren't a political rival it is illegal for the president to push for a foreign government to investigate a US citizen as there are specific channels for getting assistance into any investigation. But, Trump didn't actually want an investigation, just the announcement of one that he could use during his campaign to get his base chanting slogans of "lock him up".

Trump is not the brain-trust he would like everyone to believe he is. Hence the sloppiness of his attempts. He has impeded all subpoenas by the House for documents and witness testimony as none of it is exculpatory. As Ambassador Sondland testified, "everyone was in the loop and knew that all Trump wanted was the announcement of an investigation into the Biden's". But, that doesn't mean that we know the full extent of Trump's corruption of the office of the president as new information keeps coming out on a nearly daily basis.

RedCowboy

@ paul

Nothing there at all, just more opinion, nothing illegal and the dems ran a rushed kangaroo court process where Schiff actually stopped testimony mid sentence when it favored Trump, this entire impeachment process has been an underhanded act of desperation by democrats who don't care about our constitution but readily attempt to wipe their filthy hands with it.

The National Defense Authorization Act requires the president to certify that a country is actively addressing corruption before the President can send taxpayer money to that country.

What Trump did was his job, what Biden did was get his coke smoking dishonorably discharged son paid by abusing his office and committing an actual act of quid pro quo.

I'm going to chime in....
Fist.....I'm a Canadian in Canada
I've been watching the US News channels because I find
the US Political stuff is intriguing.
Like I said I'm not an American... But I can read.. and have
watched the impeachment debates.

I didn't see anything corrupt or illegal in the transcript
that Trump released on his conversation with the Ukraine
leader.
Trump asking about the Corrupt "Quid Pro Quo" Biden and
son looked logical to me since Biden openly and on video
bragged about not letting financial aid released until
a Ukraine Prosecutor was fired.... An obvious "Quid Pro
Quo".
Trump asked the Ukraine President to look into the Biden
corruption allegations if he could. He was not ordered
to do so.
It happens to be a coincidence that Biden just happens to
be running against Trump.... Not the other way around.

Then there is the FISA investigation.... By the report that came
out recently it is obvious to and normal person that some
FBI higher ups were biased against Trump.
They even falsified documents to get the FISA court to grant
search warrants. Without that blatant Document corruption
the FISA judges would more than likely NOT have granted
the warrants.

The reason the Democrats are pushing the impeachment is
multi fold in my 3rd party opinion....

1) The democrats still can't accept that Trump won in 2016 and
it's sticking in their throats.

2) Impeaching trump is the only way they think they can remove
Trump so he can't run is 2020 since there is no Democrat at this
time that might beat him.

3) Continuing the Impeachment even though they have no grounds
is only to hold a cloud over Trumps head for as long as possible
before the 2020 elections....

So... that's what I see and think... Not that it matters much since
I'm only a Canadian.

Jerry
You are right on all counts Jerry
I think most fair minded people have seen the depth of depravity democrats have stooped to in their attempt to reverse the 2016 election by any means, it makes a person ask: How can I trust these democrats ?
The answer is you can't.

Last edited:

lasersbee

Like I said... I don't have a dog in this race..
I guess the American people will let us know
which way the wind blows in the Nov 2020
elections.

To me from what I witnessed on the Tube.. I
know who I would vote for if I was an American
citizen...

Jerry

RedCowboy

The way these house democrats have been willing to do and say anything attempting to bash our successful President while pretending to be righteous and actually invoking our constitution as their basis of action when otherwise they refer to it as a living document and work to circumvent it at will has been a nauseating insult to anyone with the ability to form their own thoughts.

The divisive, unfair, totally partisan course of action during this farce has been bad for Americas future and over this holiday many families will get together and argue becoming increasingly angry about the way these greedy authoritarian control mongers wannabe tyrants have let their animus and disregard for equity disrupt our holiday and for what ?

It was a forgone conclusion that this farce impeachment would be fruitless yet their raw hate towards Trump for disrupting their graft and corruption has driven them to lash out since the start without regard for the good of our nation as obstructionist, I expect it will continue and will be fresh on everyone's mind come time to vote.

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
When I listen to the so called debunking of Trump by those against him I see manipulated info, when Trump haters listen to him say what I consider reality they hear lies, hmmmm.... Highly polarized viewpoints.

paul1598419

The National Defense Authorization Act is passed by Congress every year and signed by the President. It is NOT something Trump can use to legitimize his interference in Ukraine's new administration to gain advantage in his 2020 election attempt. To say that holding the funds already appropriated by congress and signed by the president was just his job is pure nonsense because it was already authorized and the the personnel in the DOD had signed off on it as well.

I suspect there will be many conversations about this impeachment over the holidays. That is a good thing as people come to terms with what Trump actually did to get him to this point. The country will survive just fine as it has always done in the few times in history that this has happened. It is interesting to note that Democrats are looking at new articles of impeachment now that new evidence of his corrupt intent comes to the fore. It would seem that Nancy Pelosi has outplayed Trump again by holding onto the articles over the holidays and as new evidence comes forward.

paul1598419

Since Trump started campaigning for president during the 2016 election he has railed against the Clinton Foundation for being corrupt without evidence showing this. Just this month the Trump Foundation, that he shut down because the New York AG was investigating and sued in court, was forced to pay $2 million to other charities as a punishment for using it to pay for campaign contributions, bought portraits of himself and using other peoples money to further his own interests which had no charitable legal justification. This is not the first time Trump has been ordered by the courts to pay out for his shady dealings as he was forced to pay $25 million for the whole Trump University scandal that robbed many people of their hard earned dollars to get an education on how to make money like Trump. It's simple.......you just lie and cheat your way by taking or using other people's money for your own wants or needs. The reporter for the Washington Post who first brought the Trump Foundation's abuses into public view earned him a Pulitzer Prize for that series of articles.

It is good to reflect on the past year as we look forward to the next on this New Years Eve at all the abuses this president has used in the furtherance of his desire to become more wealthy or to retain his power. :ROFLMAO:

paul1598419

Since you have inserted yourself into Virginia politics by sending money to the people trying to unhinge the democratically elected officials there I might have to send some money to help them get their agenda across the finish line as that was what they proposed during the campaign. If a majority of voters didn't want that they'd have voted for someone else.

RedCowboy

Bloombergs outside influence and redistricting as well as an influx of liberals into Richmond are no excuse for the illegal unconstitutional laws being proposed, but when passed they will be challenged and injunctions no doubt issued until these unjust laws are overturned and I will support the patriot citizens of Virginia as much as I am able, but I won't give not 1 cent to help the liberals in Richmond should they languish amid any civil unrest in the wake of their elected officials criminal attempts to circumvent our constitution. But you can give your pittance to whom ever you wish, it won't change anything.

paul1598419

The SCOTUS has ruled that Americans can have a gun in home for self defense. Other restrictions have not been ruled on. There is no absolute right to bear arms in public or that there can't be restrictions on the type of gun or magazines that they use. You are hoping that they will rule in your favor, but Roberts has signaled that this absolute right does not exist. I wouldn't hold out hope for that changing.

Unlike the electoral college the representatives in state governments are elected by a majority of voters. So, you cannot have a governor or Senator that wasn't elected by a strict majority of votes from Virginia citizens. If the majority of citizens didn't want these restrictions they would not have voted for them. So, thought Trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million, he got an electoral college victory in battleground states by less than 80,000 votes. It will likely be much more difficult now that we have had three years of Trumpism.

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
Well, I am very happy with Trump, still happy with him, especially after his recent act of pushing back against Iran attacking our base and the embassy in Iraq. Iran does not appease, they only listen if punched.

RedCowboy

If the majority of citizens didn't want these restrictions they would not have voted for them.
Voters vote on more than 1 issue.

SCOTUS has ruled that the 2A is an individual right, but SCOTUS has not heard any 2A cases in the last decade, however that is about to change.

Liberals are becoming gun owners today.

Trump will likely be reelected.

Last edited: