Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

paul1598419

Interesting hearing, as it came out in the testimony today, our Generals, the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of State ALL recommended against what Biden did in Afghanistan.......however Biden didn't remember any of them saying that and actually Biden had indicated the opposite, Biden was either lying or he really couldn't remember everyone telling him not to do what he did, this is beyond alarming.

I have to wonder if this was a case of Bidens astounding incompetence or was Biden doing what his progressive masters instructed him to do without thinking ? If so then who's running the country ?

It also came out that Trump had negotiated with the Taliban intentionally keeping the Afghan government out of those negotiations. That alone would make the Afghan government far more likely to fail. That left Biden with a choice of getting out or bringing in many more troops as the Taliban would surely come after what was left there. In fact Trump was trying to pull out our troops as he was leaving office just to screw with the incoming Biden administration. Damn, ya just gotta love Trump's total lack of competence.

RedCowboy

Who's running our country ? Is it some progressive committee ? Biden's obviously not doing it, Biden's not able to make these decisions and it shows.

We the American people need to know who's responsible for these failures because right now we don't have a cognizant President, we need a real President who's not mentally impaired.

I don't see how democrats are going to get any policy done with Brain dead Biden filling the seat and rubber stamping the progressive mobs idealistic unrealistic inane agenda.

Biden has not unified the country, he's done the opposite and made America the laughing stock of the world.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Gen Mark Milley is testifying before Congress today to see just that.

Of course with people like Jeff Hawley just lying about what happened and not actually asking questions it is likely up to Democrats to see if things could have been done better.
I asked you not Gen Mark Milley

bostjan

It also came out that Trump had negotiated with the Taliban intentionally keeping the Afghan government out of those negotiations. That alone would make the Afghan government far more likely to fail. That left Biden with a choice of getting out or bringing in many more troops as the Taliban would surely come after what was left there. In fact Trump was trying to pull out our troops as he was leaving office just to screw with the incoming Biden administration. Damn, ya just gotta love Trump's total lack of competence.
Two completely different ways to look at that... either 1. Trump was wise enough to understand that the Taliban was going to route the Afghan government, so he needed to straighten everything out with them before they took over or 2. The Taliban's negotiations with Trump legitimized them to other governments and to the Afghan people, so those negotiations allowed the Taliban to take over more easily.

Considering the ease with which the takeover occurred, it'd be difficult to say that viewpoint #1 is totally false; however, the two viewpoints are not mutually exclusive. I know that there is plenty of evidence of Trump going off the cuff and babbling nonsense in public press conferences and even in negotiations with foreign leaders, but Trump's willingness to negotiate with the Taliban is evidence that he was still capable of business strategy in being able to see with whom he needed to deal in a situation.

The Bush/Obama/Biden mantra of not negotiating with terrorists is a flawed rhetorical concept, because a) who determines who is a terrorist? and b) if the terrorists are the ones who ultimately obtain power and hold something you want, you'll have no cards to play when you ultimately do have to ask them for something later on. If Bush had approached the Taliban differently in 2001, he might have been able to extract Bin Laden a decade earlier and without a large-scale war. Of course, I don't think Bush Jr. had the negotiating skills to have ever pulled that off, but (and I am not a Trump-lover, so it's ironic to say) someone like Trump very likely could have maneuvered exactly that outcome. Instead, Bush demanded that the Taliban hand over Bin Laden or else war, and the Taliban, excited over the prospect of war, said no to giving up Bin Laden and yes please to war.

As unreasonable as we would like to think the Taliban is, they actually are far more reasonable than ISIS or Al Qaeda. They built a semi-functioning government and had already defeated the USSR in a war. They were able to navigate diplomacy with both Pakistan and Iran, two nations with very different goals than the Taliban, and two nations who were hard-line with negotiations.

Who's running our country ? Is it some progressive committee ? Biden's obviously not doing it, Biden's not able to make these decisions and it shows.

We the American people need to know who's responsible for these failures because right now we don't have a cognizant President, we need a real President who's not mentally impaired.

I don't see how democrats are going to get any policy done with Brain dead Biden filling the seat and rubber stamping the progressive mobs idealistic unrealistic inane agenda.

Biden has not unified the country, he's done the opposite and made America the laughing stock of the world.

The USA sometimes appears more like a truck speeding down the road with the driver digging around in the backseat than like a nation being led. The key pivot point where things seem to go wrong is that our leaders either are spineless or brainless or both. To be a strong leader, you need to choose your battles for one, but the concepts that you choose to stand strong upon need to be the ones you are unwilling to compromise. Trump was a fluke. I doubt we will see another leader like him for a long time. He was skillful with specific things, yet kept choosing to double down on his covid rhetoric, which he knew nothing about. He backed down on a few key campaign promises that really defined his followers, although there were plenty of other arguments he would not back down from, many of those later in his administration were those that protected his personal interests.

Biden is trying to play the middle ground, yes. However, it still comes down to congress as the primary source of all of the crazy bills bouncing around the federal government. Ideally, we should have a sensible congress and a more ideological president, rather than the way it is now, so that we have legislation that covers all of the details, and a person with the power to block those bills with a big-picture mentality.

Anyway, we'll never get that.

RedCowboy

cartoon-10.jpg

conceptcar3

🤣 From SNL last night.

This this exactly what is going on with Trump supporters right now.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2dj59Db1C4
You try and laugh at trump and his supporters as a instinctual reaction based in fear. You fear trump and his agenda and what his supporters stand for, and so as a coping mechanism you make jokes and try and to mock and laugh at trump and his supporters, because your brain tells you that if you’re laughing at them, then you don’t have anything to be afraid of. Well your comedy is trash, left wing comedy is totally dead since trump won, just look at jimmy fallon or Steven Colbert and that’s all you need to know. Formerly talented guys who are completely unhinged and off the rails and lost any semblance of humor due to their derangement. Keep mocking and laughing all you want, but I’m just here to let you know there is plenty of reason for you to be afraid of trump and his supporters, and mocking and laughing at piss poor humor won’t take that away.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hold on paul you didn't answer my question. Are you running away from it?

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

And your retarded reply which will not suffice. Try again. I'm not kidding.
Gen Mark Milley is testifying before Congress today to see just that.

Of course with people like Jeff Hawley just lying about what happened and not actually asking questions it is likely up to Democrats to see if things could have been done better.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
You want people to believe that someone could have pulled us out of Afghanistan and made it look good......something that has never occurred in any conflict before. I agree that it could have been done somewhat better, but that is always the case with armchair, Monday morning quarterbacks.

It is the refusal of Republicans in red states to get vaccinated that is causing the pandemic to worsen and that is tanking our economy. In fact the NY Times author of the article I posted about made the point that any red state compared to any blue one will show that THIS is the problem. They used Wyoming and Maryland as they are two states that voted about 70% for one party. The lack of vaccinations in Wyoming makes it nearly 5 times worse for the unvaccinated there than in Maryland for hospitalizations. And Trump is the reason they won't get vaccinated primarily. He could make this better by just asking his voters to get vaccinated, but he only cares about one thing.......himself.
Just so you don't edit your post, this is the original quote.

So I ask you again. What do you feel could have been done better?

paul1598419

You try and laugh at trump and his supporters as a instinctual reaction based in fear. You fear trump and his agenda and what his supporters stand for, and so as a coping mechanism you make jokes and try and to mock and laugh at trump and his supporters, because your brain tells you that if you’re laughing at them, then you don’t have anything to be afraid of. Well your comedy is trash, left wing comedy is totally dead since trump won, just look at jimmy fallon or Steven Colbert and that’s all you need to know. Formerly talented guys who are completely unhinged and off the rails and lost any semblance of humor due to their derangement. Keep mocking and laughing all you want, but I’m just here to let you know there is plenty of reason for you to be afraid of trump and his supporters, and mocking and laughing at piss poor humor won’t take that away.

I'm not afraid of you Trump nuts and Trump lost so largely that there was no room to prove otherwise. Trump supporters are funny as they act just like SNL showed them. I truly hope Trump is your candidate in 2024 as that would be a gift. He lost 60 cases before the courts and now is dealing with suits and possible indictments that he will have to defend, though he cannot get the best legal advice as his lawyers want to be paid and he has stiffed too many of them. That is why his last suit to defend an NDA went off the rails so badly.
Just so you don't edit your post, this is the original quote.

So I ask you again. What do you feel could have been done better?

I don't believe it could have been done better. That was my point. Why would I start now erasing my posts? I have never done that before. You really don't make much sense here.

Did you bother to watch the testimony before the Senate and the next day before the House? Milley and McNeil as well as the others there made a good case for Biden. Republicans either just ranted or used Trump narratives that have been dispelled many times before.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'm not afraid of you Trump nuts and Trump lost so largely that there was no room to prove otherwise. Trump supporters are funny as they act just like SNL showed them. I truly hope Trump is your candidate in 2024 as that would be a gift. He lost 60 cases before the courts and now is dealing with suits and possible indictments that he will have to defend, though he cannot get the best legal advice as his lawyers want to be paid and he has stiffed too many of them. That is why his last suit to defend an NDA went off the rails so badly.

I don't believe it could have been done better. That was my point. Why would I start now erasing my posts? I have never done that before. You really don't make much sense here.

Did you bother to watch the testimony before the Senate and the next day before the House? Milley and McNeil as well as the others there made a good case for Biden. Republicans either just ranted or used Trump narratives that have been dispelled many times before.
WTF? You said "I agree that it could have been done somewhat better". how does that mean your following statement "I don't believe it could have been done better."? You just contradicted yourself.

RedCowboy

I think I can help clear things up a bit, I've been observing paul for a while now and know how he operates, this is not a complete list but it covers some of the basics of paul.

#1 paul is a liar. I have even seen him lie about what was in a video that I had just posted and was right there for all to see, his dishonesty at times is outrageous.

#2 paul carries the liberal water spreading the progressive false narrative and regurgitates the liberal propaganda straight from the liberal media outlets, this can get paul into trouble when he tries to think for himself and ad-lib.

#3 paul stretches the truth at times when not flat out making shit up, it can be subtle or absolutely outlandish.

#4 paul makes shit up when he's in a pinch or run out of easy answers.

#5 paul engages in political " spin " and sometimes twists things so far that they end up 180 degrees from where they started.

#6 paul attempts to discredit reports of and minimalism liberal failings.

#7 paul rarely admits it when he's wrong, this gets flat out comical at times.

#8 paul even lies about what he himself has said.

paul1598419

Yeah, make allegations about me when you can't defend your position. I take it neither of you are used to sarcasm. :LOL:

I said, "you want to believe that someone could have pulled us out of Afghanistan and made it look good." That is sarcasm. That is not me saying that it could have been done.

I do post stories from reputable newspapers, so that is where that comes from.

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I think I can help clear things up a bit, I've been observing paul for a while now and know how he operates, this is not a complete list but it covers some of the basics of paul.

#1 paul is a liar. I have even seen him lie about what was in a video that I had just posted and was right there for all to see, his dishonesty at times is outrageous.

#2 paul carries the liberal water spreading the progressive false narrative and regurgitates the liberal propaganda straight from the liberal media outlets, this can get paul into trouble when he tries to think for himself and ad-lib.

#3 paul stretches the truth at times when not flat out making shit up, it can be subtle or absolutely outlandish.

#4 paul makes shit up when he's in a pinch or run out of easy answers.

#5 paul engages in political " spin " and sometimes twists things so far that they end up 180 degrees from where they started.

#6 paul attempts to discredit reports of and minimalism liberal failings.

#7 paul rarely admits it when he's wrong, this gets flat out comical at times.

#8 paul even lies about what he himself has said.
It's astonishing to see how someone could be so ... how shall I put it... screwed up?
I mean even his reply after is insanely astronomical. I don't know whether to feel disgust or pity for him. But at any rate was good to see that it isn't just my own mind going nuts.
I feel that during the past few years politics has been forced on me. There's a lot going on and it isn't just covid.