Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

Ears and Eggs

Super Moderator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Should always vote no matter what, if lots of people stop caring then our democracies will really die. Personally I don't like either of the two main parties here in Canada, but I have voted in every election since I have been eligible. I have every time voted for a third party (not always the same one even) that I know darn well won't win, but at least I'm always voting, following what's going on, watching the debates, etc.

RedCowboy

" the GOP is a party that has not held a majority in decades "

The 2014 elections gave the Republicans control of the Senate and the House, this Congress began with the largest Republican majority since the 71st Congress of 1929–1931.

........or are you complaining about the electoral college ? If so that sounds like a grievance. ;)

Last edited:

paul1598419

I’m not holding onto anything. As far as I’m concerned you and your party 100% cheated and somehow, got away with it. Unless the fraud is corrected, I won’t be bothered voting in another election. No point in wasting my time voting when you assclowns just cheat 🙄

A Republican that doesn't vote. Damn you sure showed me.

paul1598419

The 2014 elections gave the Republicans control of the Senate and the House, this Congress began with the largest Republican majority since the 71st Congress of 1929–1931.

........or are you complaining about the electoral college ? If so that sounds like a grievance. ;)

By a majority I meant votes. Sure Trump got elected, but then lost you the House, the presidency and finally the Senate. Trump has always been about his grievances. They are now just about his criminal prosecutions. That may play well for his base, but it won't play at all in court.

There are far fewer Republicans now than ever. Thank you, Donald Trump. ;)

RedCowboy

I will give you 10 to 1 odds that Biden/Harris are not reelected.

The EC is in place so that all of the country is represented, not just the jam packed liberal welfare cities voting for a promised but rarley delivered democrat handout....actually if you go by land mass Trump won the majority of the country and even with the EC he still won a great amount of city votes as well as most the rural votes.

Trump got more votes than Obama.....

Ears and Eggs

Super Moderator
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

A slightly better version:

dichotomy-HF.jpg

conceptcar3

Should always vote no matter what, if lots of people stop caring then our democracies will really die. Personally I don't like either of the two main parties here in Canada, but I have voted in every election since I have been eligible. I have every time voted for a third party (not always the same one even) that I know darn well won't win, but at least I'm always voting, following what's going on, watching the debates, etc.
I would agree with you if my vote mattered. In the United States, they no longer care about our votes. They do whatever the heck they want. So why vote? The Democrat party just cheats and wins regardless 🤷‍♂️
As I said, I will not waste my time voting again after what these bastards did in 2020, unless it is corrected to reflect the will of the people.

conceptcar3

The EC is in place so that all of the country is represented, not just the jam packed liberal welfare cities voting for a promised but rarley delivered democrat handout....actually if you go by land mass Trump won the majority of the country and even with the EC he still won a great amount of city votes as well as most the rural votes.

Trump got more votes than Obama....
The votes don’t matter. I’ll give you 10:1 odds whoever the democrat is will win in perpetuity from this day forward. Because we no longer have democracy.

RedCowboy

Snap out of it conceptcar, it was the mass mailout ballots/ballot requests that enabled the big steal, and how can they steal an election when 75-85% of the country votes for someone in the future......NO THEY CAN'T, SO WE ALWAYS VOTE !

This 2020 election was going to be Trumps until China released the covid and lets face it, the optics that Trump allowed to be exploited were part of it, there was a mass media anti-Trump, Trump-hate campaign and Trump made it easy by putting both feet in his mouth during covid, he should have put on his Presidential hat and measured every word and kept those words few and far between until he fully understood everything, but he didn't......both god dam feet in his mouth, I was shouting at my television " JUST SHUT THE HELL UP MAN " hell he should have shut up and let Faucci or some science stooge do the explaining but no, Trump wanted to hear the sound of his own voice and I get it.....it takes a bit of a megalomaniac to do that job, but dam, Trump is to blame here too and even if it was all about cheating Trump still made it look more plausable by being so dam unprofessional during a deadly pandemic.

Just because you refuse to quit....VOTE ! Just because FUCK THEM....VOTE ! Just because it could make a difference....with your middle finger held high in the air go and VOTE because the strength is in our numbers no matter what the issue we do not give up, we never give up, to our dying breath we fight if for nothing more than the sake of doing so, but believe me it matters....actually there's a theory that people who said exactly what you just did about " it doesn't matter-why bother " cost us the Ga. Senate runoff seats because Purdue won with 49.85% against multiple opponents, Purdue should have won the runoff, was it really cheating....can we be 100%....be honest with yourself, we can't really be 100% 99.9 but not 100% so for that 0.1% chance it wasn't all stolen and I say " all stolen " because only a close election enables a theft, so vote, please please just vote.

---edit---

You are also protecting others when you speak up/vote......it's much harder to single people out and step on them when half the country is speaking out, but the less people willing to fight the harder it will be for the rest of us, so do it for your fellow countrymen and stand with us in mind, body and spirit even if it turns out to be only symbolic, never give up. :)

Last edited:

Encap

LOL
Par for the dysfunctional and completely imagined not real concerns addressed by politicians these days.
Politicians and media no longer address any aspect of actual meaningful reality only reality as imagined by those with agendas and Ideals that don't , never have, and never will exist on earth for a dozen real reasons.
The Politicians pf today;s world just see the voting public as profoundly stupid and/or extemely limited dysfunctional idiots who will vote for anything and view tham as a necessary evil and a nuisance they have to pander to to get votes. They know they do not have to do anything they said or spoke about once l=elected, so they say anything anyone or any group want to hear.
The Politicians just tell stories abut the imagined that the media will promote for whatever reason.
Doesn't matter at all how many real people or lives need to be sacrificed in their quest for mediocre and worse public/government policy. THey only want the ability to spend other people's money in an unfettered manner, no matter how nonsensical?
They pander, suck up to, and make nice to whomever, with whomever and whatever they think will bring them power and money--it is that simple. Is plain as day easy for anyone to see if can set their meaningless and useless causes that nobody gives a rat's ass about aside for a few minutes. If you think for even 2 seconds that any Politician actually cares about you or anything you say or think you need psychiatric help and medication would be my guess.

The entire Congress should be given a a one week break and all of them sent out for an "electroshock" treatment zap, just to get them back on track.
Government as the wealthy and loving parent you never had is never going to happen because it can't and is just a daydream to escape reality for whatever reasons. It is impossible for the political leaders to actually care about any individuals actual real world reality in the real world plight. They only address the plight of imagined statistical straw men that don't actually exist. IMHO.

Oh well gotta grow up sometime--create a today so that you have a tomorrow that you determine and choose.
Don't expect other people want to or can do it for you because they simply don't care and can't be bothered.
Only you can live your life and solve whatever your problems are.
Nobody else can nor do they have the time to or want to generally speaking.
Only you can and will make the difference in your own life and living. Nobody is going to stop you if you are serious. They have too many other fish to fry to worry about you dreams coming true or not coming true. Bottom line>>>>> grow up and be responsible for yourself if you ever expect to get a shot at your dream rather than someone else's dream.
Realize you don't matter much if at all in the world and come to grips with how insignificant you actually are on the planet and then govern yourself accordingly. Is the only way out of and to avoid the messes other have made of everything and to move forward regardless IMHO.

NYC Mayoral Primary Results Delayed Until Officials Finish Watching

YouTube Explainer On Ranked Choice Voting

1234 B.jpg

NEW YORK—Estimating the process could take weeks, New York City election officials confirmed Wednesday that results for the mayoral primary would be delayed until they finished watching a YouTube explainer on ranked choice voting. “While we’re pretty sure who’s leading, we still need to watch a few more videos to help us understand how votes are allocated and why we’re doing this at all,” said Board of Elections president Frederic Umane, who implored voters to remain patient while officials pored through thousands of vlogs and colorful infographics promising to explain the electoral system in 60 seconds or less. “We got close to finding a YouTuber who explained the whole thing clearly, but then he lost us with a little rant about score voting halfway through. Our attention span is very short, so hold tight. We have a lot of videos queued up, and a lot of five-second ads to get through. Plus, we keep getting distracted by all these recommended Richard Feynman and Counting Crows videos.” At press time, election officials announced results would be delayed indefinitely after stumbling across a video from PragerU.
~ The Onion - America's finest news source ~

Last edited:

paul1598419

Trump got more votes than Obama.....

OMG! Land mass? Really?! That is just silly on its face. At least by saying that Biden won't be reelected you are asserting that he was in 2020 and this election was certainly not stolen. Trump may have gotten more votes than Obama, but he certainly didn't get more than Biden. Since the population increases over time it is nonsensical to compare the two.

RedCowboy

Without mass mail out voting fraud you need to start crying about the electoral college because Biden/Harris can't win against virtually anyone in a legitimate election, face the facts, Biden would never have been installed without covid and the mass mail out boondoggle.

Yes China released covid to interfere with out election, to think otherwise is just nonsense.

Last edited:

conceptcar3

Snap out of it conceptcar, it was the mass mailout ballots/ballot requests that enabled the big steal, and how can they steal an election when 75-85% of the country votes for someone in the future......NO THEY CAN'T, SO WE ALWAYS VOTE !

This 2020 election was going to be Trumps until China released the covid and lets face it, the optics that Trump allowed to be exploited were part of it, there was a mass media anti-Trump, Trump-hate campaign and Trump made it easy by putting both feet in his mouth during covid, he should have put on his Presidential hat and measured every word and kept those words few and far between until he fully understood everything, but he didn't......both god dam feet in his mouth, I was shouting at my television " JUST SHUT THE HELL UP MAN " hell he should have shut up and let Faucci or some science stooge do the explaining but no, Trump wanted to hear the sound of his own voice and I get it.....it takes a bit of a megalomaniac to do that job, but dam, Trump is to blame here too and even if it was all about cheating Trump still made it look more plausable by being so dam unprofessional during a deadly pandemic.

Just because you refuse to quit....VOTE ! Just because FUCK THEM....VOTE ! Just because it could make a difference....with your middle finger held high in the air go and VOTE because the strength is in our numbers no matter what the issue we do not give up, we never give up, to our dying breath we fight if for nothing more than the sake of doing so, but believe me it matters....actually there's a theory that people who said exactly what you just did about " it doesn't matter-why bother " cost us the Ga. Senate runoff seats because Purdue won with 49.85% against multiple opponents, Purdue should have won the runoff, was it really cheating....can we be 100%....be honest with yourself, we can't really be 100% 99.9 but not 100% so for that 0.1% chance it wasn't all stolen and I say " all stolen " because only a close election enables a theft, so vote, please please just vote.

---edit---

You are also protecting others when you speak up/vote......it's much harder to single people out and step on them when half the country is speaking out, but the less people willing to fight the harder it will be for the rest of us, so do it for your fellow countrymen and stand with us in mind, body and spirit even if it turns out to be only symbolic, never give up. :)
I will not be bothered to vote again unless they fix the absolutely stolen election in 2020. Everyone on the planet knows Biden did not win. Our country did not elect a senile Alzheimer’s patient who should be in a nursing home. It just didn’t happen. No president who exceeded the votes of his first term has ever lost. And it didn’t happen this time either. We the people elected trump for a second term, and if the steal Is going to remain in effect, I will never vote again! I’m done. My vote didn’t count and never will count because there is zero election integrity. Only con jobs who cheat and apparently can get away with it.

RedCowboy

Sure, that's the best way to deal with tyrants, just give up and let them win.........:mad: