Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

paul1598419

Elise Stefanik earned 4 Pinocchios from the Washington Post today because of the absolutely false claims she made and her office backed up yesterday about the election in Georgia. Among the false claims is that "140,000 dead, underage or otherwise ineligible people voted in Fulton County" alone. This is the most absurd as the total vote count in that county was 525,000. That would mean a quarter of all ballots there were ineligible. Another false claim is the Brad Raffensperger did not require signature verification on mail in ballots. This is absolutely false and Raffensperger is a Republican that voted for Trump. This was tested three times in Georgia and found to be false during the three counts of the votes there......one being a full hand recount. She also claimed that Raffensperger allowed Democrats to contact persons who had a problem with their ballot, but this was a result made by the AG in Georgia and only allowed them 24 hours to contact persons with problems to rectify them. Stefanik has repeated several of the Trump falsehoods pertaining to the 2020 election as she is trying to replace Liz Cheney in the House as the number three position in leadership there. Her office said she stands by these claims, so this is why she earned the most, 4 Pinocchios, for these claims.

Encap

LOL 👀 🧠 👍 👌 🤞 ✌️

Experts Say Best Depression Treatment Remains Having Coal-Covered Street Urchins​

Sing About Dancing Troubles Away​

XXXXX.jpg
NEW YORK—Adding to a growing body of evidence in support of the approach, Columbia University psychiatrists published research Friday that confirmed listening to coal-covered street urchins sing a song about dancing your troubles away was still the best treatment for clinical depression. “In 90% of cases, the most successful intervention for major depressive disorder was having a young ragamuffin tap the subject on the shoulder and say, ‘Hold on, guv’nah—’ow is it you got a frown on this most splendiferous of days?’” said lead researcher Alfred Evans, describing how the moods of severely depressed individuals improved when a gang of dirt-caked, hardscrabble chimney sweeps and newsboys appeared one by one from nearby alleyways and started into a high-spirited, irresistible song-and-dance number. “Even the worst-off patients, those who exhibit no response to antidepressants or talk therapy, experienced decreased symptoms after exposure to the sprightly steps and carefree ditties of a chorus made up of 5- to 10-year-old orphans with names like Skimble Flintwich, Humsy Wumsy, and Lil’ Tom Wopsle. People who have suffered for decades from a sense of inherent worthlessness not only smiled as these impish ruffians in knee pants and suspenders performed a choreographed routine with their horsehair brooms, but actually joined in for the final rousing chorus of a tune called ‘Chin Up The Livelong Day!’ By the time these knockabout youngsters smeared boot-polish mustaches beneath their noses and mimicked a group of indignant businessmen, most cases of depression had been completely cured.” Evans hypothesized thatthe effectiveness of the treatment might stem
from patients concluding that if these penniless guttersnipes were able to
smile their way through the hard times, then, well, perhaps anyone could.
~ The Onion, America's finest news source ~​

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
I just read a little on the chinese rocket tumbling at 18,000 mph on our atmosphere... wtf

Ears and Eggs

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still a lot of uncertainty in where it will fall. Looks like I'm just far enough north to be away from any possible risk.

The first stage core of the Long March 5 is quite a large object, so some will likely make it to the ground.

f42c8d64-1afa-11ea-8971-922fdc94075f_image_hires_120726.JPG

paul1598419

Today the Washington Post published a lengthy article on where the "election fraud" came from. Russell J. Ramsland Jr sold everything from Tex-Mex food in London to light therapy of circulating blood, though he later said that it provided no therapy of any disease. Then he sold the story that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.
In Addison, Texas, in an airplane hanger, he plied Republicans with a conspiracy theory of election fraud after the 2018 election losses they had endured along with Laura Pressley, a former ally who had tried to get the courts to hear her case which was rejected by two courts there. He tried to get Don Huffines and Pete Sessions to go along with his theories, but they declined which left them on the fringes of Republican conspiracies until Trump came along in 2020. Then he hooked Trump on his conspiracies. The article is very long and goes into great detail which I cannot get into here. But, if you get a chance to read it it is worth the effort.

conceptcar3

Today the Washington Post published a lengthy article on where the "election fraud" came from. Russell J. Ramsland Jr sold everything from Tex-Mex food in London to light therapy of circulating blood, though he later said that it provided no therapy of any disease. Then he sold the story that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.
In Addison, Texas, in an airplane hanger, he plied Republicans with a conspiracy theory of election fraud after the 2018 election losses they had endured along with Laura Pressley, a former ally who had tried to get the courts to hear her case which was rejected by two courts there. He tried to get Don Huffines and Pete Sessions to go along with his theories, but they declined which left them on the fringes of Republican conspiracies until Trump came along in 2020. Then he hooked Trump on his conspiracies. The article is very long and goes into great detail which I cannot get into here. But, if you get a chance to read it it is worth the effort.
You are spinning your big lie again. Go do something better with your time.

paul1598419

Unfortunately, I cannot link the Washington Post article here as it is from my subscription to that newspaper. I wish I could as it goes into great detail and shows emails from Ramsland, Pressley and others. Anyone who read it would come away with a different opinion about Trump's BIG LIE.

I find Fox News hilarious when it comes to telling the truth. They are nothing but a propaganda arm for Republicans where the truth plays hardly to no roll at all. Facebook banned Trump for inciting violence on January 6th, PERIOD.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
Unfortunately, I cannot link the Washington Post article here as it is from my subscription to that newspaper. I wish I could as it goes into great detail and shows emails from Ramsland, Pressley and others. Anyone who read it would come away with a different opinion about Trump's BIG LIE.

I find Fox News hilarious when it comes to telling the truth. They are nothing but a propaganda arm for Republicans where the truth plays hardly to no roll at all. Facebook banned Trump for inciting violence on January 6th, PERIOD.
Can you post screenshots? You can quickly make screenshots if you use the window key and print screen key in windows 10

paul1598419

I'm using Windows 7, so no I cannot take a screen shot of the Post article. I am not a fan of Windows 10.

conceptcar3

Biden said that they know the pipeline hack was Russians! Orange woman said that the hack was in the private sector and that White House wasn't getting involved???? Do they talk?

paul1598419

All those cars are mainly because of hoarder buying. There's plenty of gas available if people wouldn't hoard it. That is what is also driving up prices.

Last edited:

paul1598419

Freedom tunes, indeed. No one will ever beat Trump for worst president ever. Wait as the case is made for indicting Trump for the Capital insurrection. He is already facing lawsuits over it.