Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

Encap

LOL

U.S. Vows To Invade Next Country That Asks For Covid Vaccine IP​

BB.jpg
WASHINGTON—Declaring that they had reached a decision on their international response to the global pandemic, U.S. government officials reportedly vowed Monday to invade the next country that asks for Covid vaccine intellectual property. “We’ve heard the international community’s bitching and moaning about us forcing the pharmaceutical companies to waive their vaccine patents and frankly, we’ve had it up to here—the next one of you who voices so much as a peep about this is getting a full-scale aerial assault,” said President Joe Biden in a statement, adding that after careful consideration he urged all developing countries to keeping calling for vaccines and see how they’d like being occupied. “Listen, we’ve been really accommodating so far by politely turning down your requests for life-saving vaccine intellectual property, but that era is over. I’m only going to say this once: the next goddamn country that releases a dumbass statement whining that the U.S. is hoarding vaccine IP and doing unimaginable damage to the health of global populations is going to find itself surrounded by naval aircraft carriers so fast it’ll make your heads spin. We’ve got troops ready to deploy absolutely anywhere in the world to bomb the next country that tries to infringe on U.S. firms’ profitability back into the Stone Age.” U.S. officials added that the developing countries better think twice before getting the World Health Organization to release another statement on their behalf, because they wouldn’t think twice about invading WHO either.
~ The Onion, America;s finset news source ~

paul1598419

Yes, satire can be very funny, but if Republicans would not make getting vaccinated a political issue, we could actually get to herd immunity far quicker than it is going now. Currently 40% of Republicans are not planning on getting vaccinated while 90% of Democrats are either already vaccinated or plan to as soon as they are allowed.

Ears and Eggs

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was finally able to get a booking for a vaccine. We've been struggling a bit here in Ontario with the vaccine roll out as covid cases have been really high in the last month and our provincial government has really botched the response. I will be going for my first shot this Saturday. :D

No one that I know has had any significant adverse reaction to the vaccine, but I had covid back in January, so it's a bit different. Hopefully all goes smoothly.

paul1598419

Yep, I got my final Moderna vaccine in March. Still, Republicans are the largest block of people who are not planning on getting one at all.

RedCowboy

Was finally able to get a booking for a vaccine. We've been struggling a bit here in Ontario with the vaccine roll out as covid cases have been really high in the last month and our provincial government has really botched the response. I will be going for my first shot this Saturday. :D

No one that I know has had any significant adverse reaction to the vaccine, but I had covid back in January, so it's a bit different. Hopefully all goes smoothly.

I got my 1st moderna shot and will get the 2nd in 3 more weeks, all I felt was a little soreness in my arm which is normal......I wouldn't worry about any side effects.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
I get my second shot on the 12th I believe. I might go to selem but I'm still a bit nervous

Encap

LOL Fat chance of anything like article below ever becoming US Gov policy in today's toxic brain damaged nut case exhibitionist attention seeking driven world of BS and propaganda foisted upon people who don't know any better and/or perhaps don't want to for whatever reasons: The left and extreme left politicians are intoxicated with grabbing as much government level power as possible and real and imagined, to spend nearly unlimited amounts of other peoples past, current, and future money actually hard earned by doing something of value to other people money more completely irresponsibly than drunken sailors, to prove and create the illusion of and pretend their irresponsible practices and Ideals are of merit by means if flushing $s down the toilet and handing out money both in USA and abroad.
Such behavior usually confirming for people who can't for whatever reasons or don't wish accomplish anything of any significance in life or be responsible for their own well being, life, and happiness that politicians and government can be/will be/should be the wealthy parent they never had and confer on them something for nothing buckets of cash just because they are their mother's child and alive on earth 'as if" people who only want to continue going down a rabbit hole of actively being the most non-productive. useless, meaningless, and irresponsible people that ever lived, with impunity and no consequences contribute nothing to their own lives or anyone else's was a be all and end mall badge of distinction as human being.
Justification being they didn't ask to be born, so why should they have to ever be responsible for their own lives, right? lol

It equates to literally paying people who do nothing but generate/create, discord, nuisances. distractions, inequality, poverty ,chaos, distraction and violence whatever amount to shut up and go away, so people that create a worthwhile today so they have a tomorrow they enjoy and parenthetically create the nation's wealth, health, and prosperity, can get on with it.

Consider the likes of AOC, for example: AOC a, cute and attractive to some and the media, cocktail waitress from Queens NY who got all of 11,000 votes to first become a Congresswoman and does an exhibitionist clown act political dance for a pretty good living, is proposing programs and pretending she is a seasoned responsible Tillionairess who can actually spend or get away with enabling the spending of that amount,$1,000,000,000,000 or more, in a less than reckless and irresponsibly manner---give me a break.
A Chimpanzee on roller skates could spend that just a well and wisely + look pretty good while doing it and have circus of minions constantly affirming merits of same for attention and dollars.
If AOC and the 'squad" can possibly do or enable that the entire Congress needs to take a week off and be and sent out for a shock treatments, just to get them back on track.

I mean seriously the time to get real is now, which is all we have and all we realy live in.
Life is short and you only have one.
Make every day count for somethng, even if only to you, and living in the now will be the wave of the future.

Each of us is totally unique -- just like everyone else. lol

Just saying.....

👍🤞✌️☝️🧠👀

Congressional Moderates Call For Smaller Numbers

SSSA.jpg

WASHINGTON—Expressing concerns about an overly ambitious agenda, several politically moderate members of Congress issued a joint statement Monday calling for smaller numbers. “The proposals that our colleagues are putting forward, at times, contain figures with as many as seven or eight digits in them, which is simply beyond the pale,” said Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV), warning that these large numbers with multiple commas risked alienating key voter blocs. “My constituents didn’t send me to D.C. to inundate them with radically high numbers like a million or a billion. No, I came here to fight for figures like 12, or 7, or better yet, 1/8. These are the type of meat-and-potatoes numbers that American voters can get behind. I have no wish to be unreasonable—my fellow moderates and I recognize the importance of values greater than zero, but there’s simply no cause for them to be this big.” At press time, Manchin had moved on to castigating Democrats for writing bills featuring words other than “bipartisan.”
~The Onion, America's finest news source ~​

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LOL Fat chance of anything like article below ever becoming US gov policy in today toxic brain damaged nut case exhibitionist attention seeking driven world of BS and propaganda foisted upon peole who don't know any bettrer and/or perhaps don't want to for whatever reasons: The left and extreme left politicians are intoxicated with grabbing as much government level power as possible and real and imagined, to spend nearly unlimited amounts of other peoples past, current, and future money actually hard earned by doing something of value to other people money more completely irresponsibly than drunken sailors, to prove and create the illusion of and pretend their irresponsible practices and Ideals are of merit by means if flushing $s down the toilet and handing out money both in USA and abroad.
Such behavior usually confirming for people who can't for whatever reasons or don't wish accomplish anything of any significance in life or be responsible for their own well being, life, and happiness that politicians and government can be/will be/should be the wealthy parent they never had and confer on them something for nothing buckets of cash just because they are their mother's child and alive on earth 'as if" people who only want to continue going down a rabbit hole of actively being the most non-productive. useless, meaningless, and irresponsible people that ever lived, with impunity and no consequences contribute nothing to their own lives or anyone else's was a be all and end mall badge of distinction as human being.
Justification being they didn't ask to be born, so why should they have to ever be responsible for their own lives, right? lol

It equates to literally paying people who do nothing but generate/create, discord, nuisances. distractions, inequality, poverty ,chaos, distraction and violence whatever amount to shut up and go away, so people that create a worthwhile today so they have a tomorrow they enjoy and parenthetically create the nation's wealth, health, and prosperity, can get on with it.

Consider the likes of AOC, for example: AOC a, cute and attractive to some and the media, cocktail waitress from Queens NY who got all of 11,000 votes to first become a Congresswoman and does an exhibitionist clown act political dance for a pretty good living, is proposing programs and pretending she is a seasoned responsible Tillionairess who can actually spend or get away with enabling the spending of that amount,$1,000,000,000,000 or more, in a less than reckless and irresponsibly manner---give me a break.
A Chimpanzee on roller skates could spend that just a well and wisely + look pretty good while doing it and have circus of minions constantly affirming merits of same for attention and dollars.
If AOC and the 'squad" can possibly do or enable that the entire Congress needs to take a week off and be and sent out for a shock treatments, just to get them back on track.

I mean seriously the time to get real is now, which is all we have and all we realy live in.
Make every day count for somethng, even if only to you, and living in the now will be the wave of the future.

Just saying.....

👍🤞✌️☝️🧠👀

View attachment 72584

WASHINGTON—Expressing concerns about an overly ambitious agenda, several politically moderate members of Congress issued a joint statement Monday calling for smaller numbers. “The proposals that our colleagues are putting forward, at times, contain figures with as many as seven or eight digits in them, which is simply beyond the pale,” said Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV), warning that these large numbers with multiple commas risked alienating key voter blocs. “My constituents didn’t send me to D.C. to inundate them with radically high numbers like a million or a billion. No, I came here to fight for figures like 12, or 7, or better yet, 1/8. These are the type of meat-and-potatoes numbers that American voters can get behind. I have no wish to be unreasonable—my fellow moderates and I recognize the importance of values greater than zero, but there’s simply no cause for them to be this big.” At press time, Manchin had moved on to castigating Democrats for writing bills featuring words other than “bipartisan.”
That's the most amazing thing I have ever heard you say.
You're right... Each day is a gift. No more petty hatred to one another. We need to be uplifting, not beating down.

Encap

ROFL Current events.... probably closer to the truth than people imagine. Standard operating procedure in takeovers and acquisitions.

Private Equity Firm Heartbroken After Realizing There No AOL Employees Left To Fire​

=GG.jpg

NEW YORK—Sorting through the assets of the new company they had acquired, private equity firm Apollo Global Management confirmed they were heartbroken Monday after realizing there were no AOL employees left for them to fire. “There isn’t a single person left on the payroll for us to let go,” said the visibly distraught Apollo CEO Marc Rowan, rushing in and out of empty offices and flipping through piles of papers to find anyone he could immediately fire under the guise of “taking things in a new direction.” “Shoot, it was the one thing that we were excited about with this purchase—I mean, this is AOL we’re talking about, not exactly the cutting edge of media. My first order of business was to clean house by cutting 85% of the staff on the first day, so now it’s kind of like, what’s the point? No writers, no managers, not even a janitor to send packing. You shell out $5 billion, you expect to have a little fun is all.” At press time, Apollo announced the hiring of hundreds of AOL contractors that Rowan could fire in order to boost his spirits.
~The Onion, America's finest news source ~

Last edited:

paul1598419

LOL Fat chance of anything like article below ever becoming US Gov policy in today's toxic brain damaged nut case exhibitionist attention seeking driven world of BS and propaganda foisted upon people who don't know any better and/or perhaps don't want to for whatever reasons: The left and extreme left politicians are intoxicated with grabbing as much government level power as possible and real and imagined, to spend nearly unlimited amounts of other peoples past, current, and future money actually hard earned by doing something of value to other people money more completely irresponsibly than drunken sailors, to prove and create the illusion of and pretend their irresponsible practices and Ideals are of merit by means if flushing $s down the toilet and handing out money both in USA and abroad.

Just saying.....

👍🤞✌️☝️🧠👀

View attachment 72584

You seem to have forgotten what Trump did to the deficit. He added close to $8 trillion to it starting with that tax cut to the wealthy. Republicans are now the party without a core plus they now believe the "BIG LIE" about Biden "Stealing the election". I find Liz Cheney to be the only one left to have any real policy standards. She, at least, doesn't care if they strip her of her standing as long as she can call out her colleges for all their lies. Trump really has to go.

Republicans are only deficit hawks when Democrats have the power!

Last edited:

conceptcar3

You seem to have forgotten what Trump did to the deficit. He added close to $8 trillion to it starting with that tax cut to the wealthy. Republicans are now the party without a core plus they now believe the "BIG LIE" about Biden "Stealing the election". I find Liz Cheney to be the only one left to have any real policy standards. She, at least, doesn't care if they strip her of her standing as long as she can call out her colleges for all their lies. Trump really has to go.

Republicans are only deficit hawks when Democrats have the power!
The election itself was the big
Lie. It was stolen.

conceptcar3

🤣 And Democrats drink children's blood.
Metaphorically, yes they do. There’s more Dead children at your hands than the nazis murdered during the holocaust. So yes, I would say that you drink children’s blood. I wouldn’t put actual drinking of children’s blood past your candidates and their campaign managers though. (I’m referring to crooked Hillary and Her campaign manager podesta, who are good friends with witches who do that sort of thing as Wikileaks showed the world.)