Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
Yeah I wish racism would disappear. I know a lot of people who aren't "white" and I don't think any different of them

paul1598419

Democrats want to use racism as a tool to destroy local policing as we know it in America and replace it with a Federalized police force, it's a power grab, democrats want centralized power that will do what democrats want without question, everyone had better support our local police because they are protecting us all from a much bigger monster.

Most police are NOT racist, just watch how the left cherry picks any incident where the cop is white and the citizen is black, even when the cop saves a life like the cop who shot the black girl just before she stabbed the other girl to death......granted I would rather the cop had stepped in to save the day with his bare hands but given the murder in progress situation and the factors at the moment the cop reacted based on his training and his judgment in order to prevent a murder that was happening in real time.

The real question is would the cop had acted the same if the girls were white.........if you didn't answer " there's no way to know that " then you are the racist.......paul.......of course paul has admitted being a racist and paul thinks everyone is racist, that's the program, we must all be guilty so we can be fixed by the liberals who know better how we should all live........

Actually, the problem with that 16 year old Black girl killed by that officer is that the older girls in their 20s came over and started the whole conflict. The problem is that they are taking children away from parents who had trouble affording housing and gave them to foster parents. This particular foster family's parents didn't watch or care for the kids in their care and weren't even home at the time that this happened. Most of the politicians are now saying that the foster money would be better spent keeping families together. That isn't a liberal thing at all. But, Republicans are losing the PR war on this badly.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
Actually, the problem with that 16 year old Black girl killed by that officer is that the older girls in their 20s came over and started the whole conflict. The problem is that they are taking children away from parents who had trouble affording housing and gave them to foster parents. This particular foster family's parents didn't watch or care for the kids in their care and weren't even home at the time that this happened. Most of the politicians are now saying that the foster money would be better spent keeping families together. That isn't a liberal thing at all. But, Republicans are losing the PR war on this badly.
But the officer didn't know any of this. He made a quick decision and he did what he was supposed to do. What he was trained to do.

paul1598419

That is the problem. That girl would likely still be alive if someone besides the police had responded. The 22 year old girl who was in this conflict had instigated the whole thing. She had a knife early in the conflict.

RedCowboy

Going mental and attempting to stab someone to death in front of the cop is what got her shot.

Families should always be kept together and if both parents are in jail then the extended family should be supported to help if possible, but that's not the issue, the issue is going mental and attempting to stab someone to death in front of the cop.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
That is the problem. That girl would likely still be alive if someone besides the police had responded. The 22 year old girl who was in this conflict had instigated the whole thing.
Don't blame it on the police. They aren't all knowing gods. They're people like you and me. The officer did what he was supposed to do. I don't see why you don't understand this. The girl with the knife got shot on the spot because she was about to kill someone. That's a huge no no

RedCowboy

If the girl who was shot was a 16 year old white boy about to stab the black girl would you feel differently paul, what if the 16 year old white boy had used the N-word as he was about to stab the black girl ???

What happened earlier in the day is no excuse for trying to stab someone in front of a cop, a 16 year old is usually considered an adult in court if they stab someone to death, that big 16 year old girl made her choice, she chose to let her rage take control and the cop stopped a murder happening right in front of him.

What if the big girl with the knife was a 16 year old white boy who used the N-word and the cop let him stab the black girl ? You would be shouting racism even louder.

conceptcar3

If the girl who was shot was a 16 year old white boy about to stab the black girl would you feel differently paul, what if the 16 year old white boy had used the N-word as he was about to stab the black girl ???

What happened earlier in the day is no excuse for trying to stab someone in front of a cop, a 16 year old is usually considered an adult in court if they stab someone to death, that big 16 year old girl made her choice, she chose to let her rage take control and the cop stopped a murder happening right in front of him.

What if the big girl with the knife was a 16 year old white boy who used the N-word and the cop let him stab the black girl ? You would be shouting racism even louder.
This must have made what little remains of Paul’s brain melt into a pool of liquid confusion and disarray.

RedCowboy

If the big black girl with the knife who the cop shot ........was instead a 16 year old white boy and the cop stood there shouting stop stop stop as he stabbed a black girl to death........ I will bet you paul would cry racism and say that no cop should ever stand by and let someone be stabbed to death right in front of them and it was all about racism.

paul1598419

Both of you still miss the point. The 22 year old girl who started this threatened the 16 year old that the cop shot first. No one knows that anyone would have died if someone besides a cop had responded to the call. My point is that all of them could have lived if the cop hadn't responded to the call. Most in Ohio are now concerned more that these girls were taken from their families and placed with White foster parents who didn't take care of them. Many now believe that it would be money better spent if they used it to keep the families together.

RedCowboy

Ohh I see, they were WHITE foster parents, I'm so glad you pointed that out......I was wondering why you were against the busy body child services getting all up in peoples family affairs.

I expect you would be in favor of big government having a hand in everything......for the good of the children.........so you want black kids kept with black parents...........but what about gay white parents???? I bet you would have been ok with 2 gay penis carriers ( I didn't misgender by calling them men ) adopting black children, how about one black and one white gay penis carriers adopting black children ?

You wouldn't deny gays from adopting black children just because a gay black chose a gay white as a partner now would you paul ?

Now tell me that gay penis carriers would do a better job of raising children than a white man and white woman.

Sounds to me like you don't think much of white people........you racist.

Last edited:

paul1598419

This Washington Post story about these two children that were take away from the single black woman and were given to a White foster family is part of the larger story about how the Ohio social program of welfare of children acts in this state. It turns out that 80% of all foster homes in Ohio are held by Whites, but that is hardly how the children's welfare takes kids away from people in that state. The 16 year old shot by the police was in a conflict with a 22 year old who had once been in that home, but was no longer a part of that foster program. She left earlier that day and returned with her friends to continue to assault that 16 year old with a knife and the officer who shot her came upon a moment in time, just seconds before pumping 4 shots into that girl. The 22 year old had instigated this. She had been instigating a conflict with the 16 year old that had gone on for well over a few hours. My hope is that all this comes out and the foster parents are held accountable for not caring for this child that they were paid to care for. Her 14 year old sister had asked to be relocated for that foster home many times before that day.

Encap

LOL

Democrats Throw Justice Breyer Surprise Retirement Party Hoping He’ll Just Go With It​

BB.jpg
WASHINGTON—Jumping out from hiding spots and popping champagne when the Supreme Court justice turned on the lights in his office, a group of Democratic Party leaders reportedly threw a surprise retirement party Friday for Stephen Breyer hoping that he would just go with it. “We’re sorry to see you go, but it’s really great to see someone going out on top,” said Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), patting the 82-year-old jurist on the back and toasting the end of his long and storied career in an effort to force him into agreeing to retire from the nation’s highest court. “Some of the naysayers said old Breyer will cling to this seat until he croaks, but you sure proved them wrong. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we respect you even more for making that hard decision that it was time to hang up your robe and ship out. In some ways, I envy you—you’ll be out there on the links without a care in the world while we’ve got to stay in crummy old Washington. And of course, we all know you’re a man of your word, so while we’re sad to see you go, we’re happy that you’ll be starting a new chapter in your life—effective immediately.” Democratic officials told Breyer that if he retired and got out of town now, they wouldn’t even need to hold the surprise funeral they have planned for him next week.
~ The Onion, Amercia's finset news source ~​

RedCowboy

This Washington Post story about these two children that were take away from the single black woman and were given to a White foster family is part of the larger story about how the Ohio social program of welfare of children acts in this state. It turns out that 80% of all foster homes in Ohio are held by Whites, but that is hardly how the children's welfare takes kids away from people in that state. The 16 year old shot by the police was in a conflict with a 22 year old who had once been in that home, but was no longer a part of that foster program. She left earlier that day and returned with her friends to continue to assault that 16 year old with a knife and the officer who shot her came upon a moment in time, just seconds before pumping 4 shots into that girl. The 22 year old had instigated this. She had been instigating a conflict with the 16 year old that had gone on for well over a few hours. My hope is that all this comes out and the foster parents are held accountable for not caring for this child that they were paid to care for. Her 14 year old sister had asked to be relocated for that foster home many times before that day.

You can not use a deadly weapon in self defense for an attack that happened hours earlier, the big black girl who got shot was attacking with a deadly weapon and it was not self defense, stop trying to justify her actions. she attempted murder with a deadly weapon right in front of a cop and it was not self defense, not even close, that's why she got shot and something that happened earlier is not justification for attempted murder with a knife.......saying I'm gonna kill you and attacking with a knife when she was not in immediate danger and in front of a cop who had to defend the empty handed girl who WAS NOT ATTACKING is why she got shot.

There is no justification for attacking with a knife except when you are being attacked at that exact moment and in fear for your own life, being angry because somebody did something 2 hours ago is not justification.

paul1598419

You can not use a deadly weapon in self defense for an attack that happened hours earlier, the big black girl who got shot was attacking with a deadly weapon and it was not self defense, stop trying to justify her actions. she attempted murder with a deadly weapon right in front of a cop and it was not self defense, not even close, that's why she got shot and something that happened earlier is not justification for attempted murder with a knife.......saying I'm gonna kill you and attacking with a knife when she was not in immediate danger and in front of a cop who had to defend the empty handed girl who WAS NOT ATTACKING is why she got shot.

There is no justification for attacking with a knife except when you are being attacked at that exact moment and in fear for your own life, being angry because somebody did something 2 hours ago is not justification.

I agree that the girl was not justified in what she did, just like the 22 year old had no justification either. However, the 16 year old lived there and was limited in what she could do while the 22 year old did not live there and is an adult. I believe the point that removing children from parents as a knee jerk reaction is a bad policy and should be done away with. The money would be better spent keeping families together.

Anthony P

LPF Site Supporter
I am going to share an experience I had last year. These are objective observations based on an experience and not meant to offend anyone.

I am a state licensed plumber in Ohio. Family services contacted me to help a family whose home was deemed unfit for human occupancy. They also provided roll-off dumpsters and other services to help the family ( free of charge). My thoughts were "OMG they are going to take the children away... we have to help them". I assigned the job our highest priority. When I arrived at the house I found horrible living conditions. We did our part over the next few weeks. During that time, the roll-off dumpster remained empty and conditions, aside from the plumbing, remained unchanged. The parents did not even pick up a single piece of trash.

They did end up losing their children, at least temporarily. The point is that JFS has no desire to take someone's children. It was only after countless warnings and huge efforts to help the parents help themselves. If you saw the conditions, you would agree with the decision. I remember wondering if maybe the parents wanted to "get rid" of their kids.

P.S.
I was attacked by the family's pit bull on that job. If you bring contractors in your house, pleases contain your animals. Even a friendly animal can see a contractor as a stranger and a threat.

Last edited: