Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Thanks for supporting LPF!

Avery's Instagram | Open Source Cybersecurity Software by Avery | Considering selling LPF, DM if interested

Politics and General Debates Thread

RedCowboy

A person could do it any way they choose, but for something like capital punishment the nitrogen asphyxiation would likely be better accepted politically/socially especially if done in such a way as to have the optics of a peaceful transition, something like giving the condemned a strong sedative and then strap on a mask to administer a gas devoid of oxygen, a gas that would not cause any visible convulsions.......... actually it would be good to give the condemned via. of IV a sedative then a paralytic and finally the pure nitrogen mask, of just give the condemned a big shot of fentanyl and it's done, I'm sure the Chinese would be willing to sell our government all they want.

Actually that's been considered too because the issue has been drug companies not wanting to sell the government drugs to be used for capital punishment.

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Speaking of lack of oxygen I hope Chauvin (hope I'm spelling that right) gets convicted. I haven't watched all of the full length videos but what I have seen is it's not looking good for him.

Last edited:

skijohn

Oh, "convicted" makes much more sense than "evicted"... ;)

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Floyd was innocent. Probably why he freaked out in the first place when they came up to his car. But it wasn't worth death -_-

paul1598419

A person could do it any way they choose, but for something like capital punishment the nitrogen asphyxiation would likely be better accepted politically/socially especially if done in such a way as to have the optics of a peaceful transition, something like giving the condemned a strong sedative and then strap on a mask to administer a gas devoid of oxygen, a gas that would not cause any visible convulsions.......... actually it would be good to give the condemned via. of IV a sedative then a paralytic and finally the pure nitrogen mask, of just give the condemned a big shot of fentanyl and it's done, I'm sure the Chinese would be willing to sell our government all they want.

Actually that's been considered too because the issue has been drug companies not wanting to sell the government drugs to be used for capital punishment.

I am personally against capital punishment, but what you're proposing is more problematic than just using IV drugs. It's true that most drug companies refuse to sell the barbiturates needed to produce unconsciousness, but GOOD FOR THEM. I wouldn't either. Virginia became the first southern state to make capital punishment illegal. Eventually I expect the whole mess to become illegal.

skijohn

The reason I say "inert gas" hypoxia is the best way to go is you don't even know it happening, you feel silly like you are getting drunk, in fact, once you are again given oxygen and you are back to normal you don't even remember it happening, there is no "gag reflex" or feeling of suffocating with nitrogen or helium because it is in the air we breath since birth, and most importantly you can stop it at any time up until death and suffer no ill effects...

Think of the military high altitude demonstration videos most of you have probably seen, during the point near death you can be told you are about to die and you need to turn your oxygen back on or die and you won't have a clue what you are being told nor will you remember being told you were about to die...

Last edited:

RedCowboy

We saw this in the incredibles but never really thought about it.

skijohn

We saw this in the incredibles but never really thought about it.

Like the PSA's use to say "Now You Know"... ;)

You just get happier and happier and then you are gone, that doesn't happen with drugs where you have time to think about what is happening and is about to happen, and if you are brought back before death you don't even remember it at all...

In the documentary I watched they demonstrated this with a pig and a box that had clear flaps that the pig could poke his head through and they put a bowl of food inside, and the box was filled with nitrogen or helium, the pig would poke his head in to eat the food, stumble back, and pass out, a few seconds later it would regain consciousness and have no memory of what just happened, stand back up and sick its head back in the box to eat the food and it would happen again, over and over! :giggle:

Last edited:

FAP

This pretty much sums up the gun law changes being proposed, I mean, how stupid they can be.

conceptcar3

I gathered up as many ghost guns as I could find and set them to the curb for ATF to come collect!

Attachments

• B2B394A8-F2B0-4627-94CC-CD8469A2941E.jpeg
    B2B394A8-F2B0-4627-94CC-CD8469A2941E.jpeg
    532.5 KB · Views: 6

paul1598419

Yikes, not far from where George Floyd was killed:

Yeah, I've been watching the mayor, police chief and others at a press conference today. The officer involved was female and a senior officer, so I'm perplexed as this supposedly being an accident. Apparently the taser and handguns are are opposite sides on every officer's placement and as the video showed, they were calling out for him to be tasered.

Last edited:

skijohn

Memes??? is that how you make life decisions? :ROFLMAO:

You can find a meme that says any nonsense...

41826891.jpg

Sure they're funny but only a fool believes them... :rolleyes: