Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

Hap

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lets acknowledge that what's been done is done, there are nuclear weapons.

So I have 2 questions for you.

( 1 ) Do you think that we should only have anti ICBM missiles, proton accelerators, lasers and other defensive only weapons to shoot down incoming nuclear weapons but not possess any nuclear weapons ourselves to be used as a standing deterrent and never offensively ?

( 2 ) If we are hit with nuclear weapons should we not retaliate with the same ?
I think that we do need to acknowledge the fact that there is enough nuclear weaponry to wipe us and most other species off the planet, and I think we should work towards reducing and eventually removing nuclear weaponry entirely. The US is the only nation in the world that to this date has used nuclear weaponry, and was used offensively towards the Japanese during WWII.

Now to your questions :)

1) I think in this current climate, unfortunately, as mentioned above, we do need some nuclear weapons as a deterrent.

2) Who will hit us with nuclear weapons? Many countries which do posses nuclear weaponry face absolutely no treat to the US, and the remaining countries have no intention of firing upon the US as it is evident they would face total destruction if they did so. Such an example would be North Korea.

-Alex

paul1598419

Once we fire off our arsenal of nukes it will start a retaliatory process from which none will be left alive. We should never use them as a means to assault another country because it is easier than using conventional forces. That wound be stupid. If we chose to fire them off it should be with the understanding that life may no longer exist on this planet. With Trump in the White House and his policy to remove all personnel that might disagree with him, this is what I consider the most dangerous possibility that we face. He has no understanding of foreign policy as can be seen with his recent work with Turkey. His childish letter to Erdogan sounded like it was written by a grade school pupil.

Reactions: Hap

RedCowboy

So you admit by avoiding my questions that we need our nuclear deterrent and that we should retaliate if attacked with nukes.
Can you now admit that Trump was an infinitely better choice than that criminal witch whom he defeated when he won and she lost even though your polls showed her ahead and Trump is a halo dawned choir boy compared to that scandal riddled constant liar Barry ?

Hillary accusing Gabbard of Russia bla bla bla is really lazy, she should learn a new trick.

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
America is not very attractive with these political radicals seeking power, I'd sure like to see a conservative uprising to push them back down, but conservatives aren't radical enough by nature to do that, or are they? We might need a new breed of conservative to push these folk back.

We have bigger problems than that looming though, watch this video to see how the CCP has plans for every American and more than that, everyone in the world under the new China international order they want to implement through imposing totalitarian information control:

Last edited:

paul1598419

First of all, I didn't say we should use nukes. I said if they are used we should expect all life to cease on this planet. With the number of nukes out there I believe, as I always have, that we should have some in our arsenal as a deterrent to others using them, but having said that, to use them would likely mean our extinction.

Trump did win the election, with the help of Russians who feared him far less than Clinton. It was still a squeaker with him taking four states with less than 80 thousand votes in total. He also lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes.

You already have a NEW conservative. Trump. I believe you will rue his election once out of office.

RedCowboy

I do not advocate using nukes unless in retaliation to being nuked and yes at that point we are screwed so it's nothing we ever want to see happen, that said we should not cut off our nose to spite our face either, our nuclear arsenal is an effective deterrent.

Trump won and the popular vote would have been his as well except for 6 million illegal immigrant voters.

Trumps presidency will not hurt future conservatives chances any more than Obama hurt democrats, however I think the way Trump and Kavanagh have been treated will hurt democrats.

Last edited:

paul1598419

OMG, you are STILL clinging to that conspiracy theory that that 5.7 million illegal aliens voted in 2016. Where is the evidence? The state electoral colleges have all investigated this and found less than a dozen people who voted illegally. And some of those were for Trump. None were illegal aliens. They know voting without citizenship carries very stiff federal penalties. They have more to worry about that trying to effect an election. This is a Trump conspiracy theory because he can't stand knowing he lost the popular vote giving him no mandate at all. He also claims his inauguration crowd was larger than Obama's when it was obviously much, much smaller.

RedCowboy

Evidence ? More people voted in California than there were eligible citizens, here's LA county alone at 144%

Dems know illegal immigrants vote and they are pandering to them.

All these people need to be held accountable and investigated the way everyone around Trump has been.

paul1598419

First of all saying a county has more registered voters than people who voted only proves people have moved from that county and are still on the voting rolls. It certainly doesn't prove illegal aliens voted. And Democrats running the primary who don't support Trump's policy on immigration doesn't prove Democrats are trying to get illegal aliens to vote either. You are grasping at straws and have provided no evidence to show illegal aliens voted at all. Like I already said the state's election auditors have gone through the 2016 election and found less than a dozen people who voted illegally. Some were registered republican's who voted for Trump twice. None were illegal aliens. Know why? Because illegal aliens have much more to do and worry about than trying to effect any election.

Here is the voter registration requirements in California. They are the same in Washington.

Last edited:

RedCowboy

The democrats have throughout recent ( 20 years ) history supported a secure boarder until Trump, now they want an open boarder, is this just Trump hate ?
It suggest an ulterior motive.

I am really sick of these petty thieving bastards wasting our resources playing their pissing match games, they all lie, cheat and bend the hell out of the rules and the FBI gave Hillary a full out free pass so how can I take any of this petty BS seriously about Trump, the whole thing is a farce and you try to play it like Hillary wasn't convicted so she's innocent but trump may have had a wrong intent so he's the problem, it's all partisan and they are all far less than perfect, some are downright crooked and those seem to get away with everything.

Trump is at least addressing the corruption problems and I wish he was more measured with his words and I wish he would attempt at all times to be above reproach, however he is addressing the problem and any holding to account is a good thing, but when you come right down to it everyone supports their crook/crooks in hopes they will do what we want or any of what they promised, it's disgusting yet our two party system does offer some counterbalance, but it also leaves a lot to be desired.

So why the turnaround on immigration by democrats if not perceived voters, don't tell me they care because half or more of all politicians are soulless voids incapable of real feelings other than greed and they only care about power............I think it's mostly just opposition to Trump because when Trump offered legislation to grant dreamers amnesty with the caveat that they can't vote for 10 years democrats turned their noses up when all they could talk about prior was amnesty for dreamers, so it is their votes and not their freedom that's apparently important to these supposedly concerned politicians, that and opposing Trump on everything at any expense to the nation.

paul1598419

Obama was to the right of me and his persecution of illegal immigrants was one thing I didn't like at all, soooo.

Trump has tried to stop DACA for the children of illegal immigrants from the moment he stepped into office.The courts have all ruled against him, so now he proposes that he won't bother them only if once they are citizens they can't vote? Nonsense. Once you are a citizen, that is your right. That has nothing to do with politics. It is about fairness.

RedCowboy

Once you are a citizen yes, however the dreamers are not citizens and fairness would be all the illegals get the hell out and immigrate properly, legally, but as Obama pulled DACA which was not legal when he did it we are dealing with extenuating circumstances, that said a " PATHWAY " to citizenship could be something like we grant the dreamers provisional citizenship where they get social security numbers and pay taxes for 5 years while they learn English and then become full citizens and then they can vote, otherwise it's unfair to everyone who came in legally, but my point stands, Schumer and Pelosi don't give a flying flip about the dreamers unless they gain dem votes and that was obvious.

I understand dreamers have grown up here illegally as children of illegal boarder crossers, so when trump offered a pathway in exchange for border funding the dems still rejected it which shows what they really care about, denying Trump anything even if it hurts dreamers who they only pretend to care about.

Last edited:

paul1598419

The fact is illegals are already paying taxes. Once they become USA citizens they shouldn't have an additional burden of not being able to vote for ten years. That is political. It is sour grapes on Trump's part because he has failed to remove the Dreamers Act, so now he is trying to add conditions to them after they are citizens. Dreamers already have to register and pay taxes and keep the government informed of their address at all times. This all while hoping that what they were promised will eventually come to fruition.

The fact of the matter is illegal aliens do jobs in this country no one else will. They have been for all of my life. Jobs in chicken warehouse facilities where citizens won't work no matter how much you pay them. I didn't like what Obama did to persecute illegals, I hate what Trump has tried to do.

Last edited:

RedCowboy

Illegal immigrants are still breaking the law, remember we are a nation of laws.

Why not fix the laws and the boarder.......because democrats won't work with Trump, they would rather people suffer than give Trump any kind of win what so ever.

Rural Americans work in chicken rendering plants, it's filthy stinky work but country folks will do it, illegals just work a lot cheaper as well as picking fruit, I had a friend who was an illegal immigrant worker when he was young but is now a citizen and he told me about putting a board across the seats in the bus so they could pack it full of workers and they had to pay for the bus ride to go pick fruit for a few dollars a day, he said they worked their asses off for very little, so it's not that rural Americans wont pick fruit, they just won't pick fruit for a few dollars a day.

People have to obey our laws or we need to change the laws, making exceptions because this or that is wrong and works against us being a nation of laws, overlooking marijuana laws is wrong, they should change the federal law not choose what laws to enforce or not, it's wrong to do it that way and establishes a dangerous precedent.

Democrats need to stop trying to power grab and start doing their jobs, yes oversight is part of their job but so is working across the isle for the benefit of the American people, all they seem to do is investigate Trump and that will fail too.

paul1598419

If one could wave a wand and all illegal aliens would disappear, the economy would crater overnight. That is the unintended consequences that would occur if the misdemeanor crimes that illegal aliens commit by being here were totally enforced. Trump has lowered the total immigration numbers to 18 thousand a year. That is nothing. I don't want Democrats to do any of Trump's agenda. He had the house as well as the senate prior to the 2018 election and only now is complaining about the Democrats this year. Why didn't republicans advance his agenda before now? Because it was, and still is, STUPID.

And the Marijuana laws have always been a bottom up law that needs to be changed. Once enough states legalize it, the DEA will have be changed as well. Anyone who has watched this as long as I have knows this. And I doubt anyone with knowledge of this issue agrees with you.

RedCowboy

Nonsense paul, federal law supersedes state law and picking which laws to ignore is bad policy, the law should be changed to either make it legal or make it legal for states to decide, but states should not legislate in contrast to federal law.

In a Tennessee county they have made silencers for firearms openly legal when by federal law you need to comply with NFA GCA................so is it ok with you that some states/counties pass laws nullifying federal gun laws ? Didn't think so.

p.s It's a weak ploy to say anyone who knows anything wouldn't agree with you bla bla bla, it's like people who talk about how smart they are......there usually not.

---edit---

I am sympathetic to people in need, I am not a wealthy man and have plenty of my own troubles as we all do/will and I have empathy for others and people who come to America in need and fleeing oppression/tyranny deserve our help, that said these Mexicans who violate our immigration laws are for the most part fat, well dressed in clean un-torn clothes without bruises and with fat children in clean diapers and modern strollers and wearing clean clothes, it's nothing like the boat people who show up skinny as can be with their bones showing through and wearing rags, covered in bumps, bruises, sores and worse and any children with them are frail and frightened.

These Mexicans who want a better life ( who doesn't ) need to come in through our entry points legally, we should not reward the cheating of honest immigrants which is what they are doing because although America is the great melting pot and I love that we still can't allow 2 million people to flood in every year in addition to our allotted immigrants........so in short Yes I do care and I care about those honest immigrants who play by the rules and those in REAL need the most.

Last edited: