Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

paul1598419

If you watched the lawyers for Trump yesterday his lead attorney said that the people had the opportunity to elect a new president in 2020 and that is what they did. This shows that Trump's "election steal" was all a lie and Biden was overwhelmingly elected by the people. But, that works for the House prosecutors as this is a large part of their case against Trump. Without this lie that the election was stolen from them the people who stormed the Capital wouldn't have done that. Now that the House is ready to present their case I'll be looking for those Senators that may still have an open mind on the Republican side.

conceptcar3

If you watched the lawyers for Trump yesterday his lead attorney said that the people had the opportunity to elect a new president in 2020 and that is what they did. This shows that Trump's "election steal" was all a lie and Biden was overwhelmingly elected by the people. But, that works for the House prosecutors as this is a large part of their case against Trump. Without this lie that the election was stolen from them the people who stormed the Capital wouldn't have done that. Now that the House is ready to present their case I'll be looking for those Senators that may still have an open mind on the Republican side.
You made an error. It’s not a lie. The election was clearly stolen, even you know that.

paul1598419

Have you been watching the trial? It is overwhelmingly showing that Trump spent, not only time, but $50 million to advance this lie that the election was stolen from Trump. In over 60 court cases Trump lost with even Trump appointed judges stating that there was no evidence for what Trump was alleging and that all of them were without merit. Trump lost in a landslide of 306 electoral votes to 232 and by more than 7 million popular votes. The "steal" was what Trump attempted to do when he so obviously lost and on January, 6, with nothing left for him to use sent a mob to stop the Congress from doing its Constitutional duty to certify Biden's win using violence against all who stood in their way. Over 140 police were injured and one was murdered in the Capital that day. It was a disgrace and this impeachment is supported even more than Trump's last impeachment by the greatest bipartisan numbers ever seen in any presidential impeachment. Even the public is supporting it more than last time. By 56% to 43%.

conceptcar3

Have you been watching the trial? It is overwhelmingly showing that Trump spent, not only time, but $50 million to advance this lie that the election was stolen from Trump. In over 60 court cases Trump lost with even Trump appointed judges stating that there was no evidence for what Trump was alleging and that all of them were without merit. Trump lost in a landslide of 306 electoral votes to 232 and by more than 7 million popular votes. The "steal" was what Trump attempted to do when he so obviously lost and on January, 6, with nothing left for him to use sent a mob to stop the Congress from doing its Constitutional duty to certify Biden's win using violence against all who stood in their way. Over 140 police were injured and one was murdered in the Capital that day. It was a disgrace and this impeachment is supported even more than Trump's last impeachment by the greatest bipartisan numbers ever seen in any presidential impeachment. Even the public is supporting it more than last time. By 56% to 43%.
Blah blah blah. Use your brain. Joe Biden did not get 80 million votes.

paul1598419

How do you know that? There were recounts in most of the states Trump lost and in Georgia the votes were counted three times. They even had paper ballots for everyone who voted by a machine and one of the recounts was done completely by hand. Trump even paid to have recounts in Wisconsin and Michigan, but the results didn't change. The facts are Trump lost this election BIG TIME! He lost the popular vote by nearly three million in 2016, but lost it by more than seven million this time. Fox News has had to walk back lies told about machines changing votes because they are being sued for lying about that. Trump saw back in May of last year that he was way down in all the polls and would likely lose this election. So, he started telling his supporters that if he lost it could only be because there was fraud. The DOJ, run by Barr, found absolutely no fraud and neither did any court that Trump sued in. Trump even tried intimidating Republican election officials in several states to no avail. He is a crook.....and a very stupid one at that.

hakzaw1

For a bit..
I was worried about how close the election was... I feared that those who did not vote we see how much their vote was worth and come out to vote at next election--BUT TY Mr Trump for being such a HUGE asshat '
He will drive more voters away than he will get in ' new voters' -no need to worry next election EVEN IF his impeachment looks may see to be a waste of time .
BUT now I think Trump is done.. and will hopefully, just go away.

IMHO no more energy is needed or justified on how and why Trump lost.. the voters have spoken-- it is sad to see so many still hanging in .. what a big waste of time. Just what are you expecting to happen???-- blah blah blah--

Anthony P

LPF Site Supporter
I am not stating my opinion, just reporting what I saw.

Yesterday I was watching the 12:00 local news(WTOL) when CBS broke in with a "Breaking News Alert". Nora O'donnell talked briefly about blah blah blah impeachment. Then she said something to the effect of: there is new irrefutable evidence of election fraud in Georgia. The screen immediately went black, then a commercial, then back to local news without another word.

skijohn

It's my veiw that the "stop the steal" nuts were voted out and they won't be coming back now that we all saw what damage the QTrumplicans did, this election showed there are more sane people than nut cases and now all the sane people realize they must always vote which we will...

hakzaw1

I agree
when I saw how close the vote was feared those (Republicans) who failed to vote Trump may see that as a call to vote next time.. BUT fear not ----as anyone with a brain who watched the trial today will know that it is the other way around- some Trump voters will NOT vote for him ever again & the rest WILL vote next time for anyone but Trump OR will vote for Biden OR not vote at all.

I saw the guys in the capitol with the zip-tie handcuffs-- and body armor.

There is no doubt they were looking for someone to pay with their lives. AND it is clear why Trump waited 2 hours to get help-- the deaths are on Trump. He is heartless. & where was Trump?? golfing of course.

Meanwhile today a mile long pile up in DFW Texas (icy roads) took 6 (or more) lives. The video is very scary.
One would think that in 2021-some warning system should be in EVERY big rig letting them know what is ahead.
Some cars were crushed flat with the drivers (or more) still inside. We need to say a prayer for the victims and injured.

RedCowboy

I got my second Mondera shot tuesday-- so two more weeks of staying away from people with two new tests after that.
Either way I will still continue to wear a paper mask under a cloth one.
The new variants are easier to catch so now they say to wear two masks. I am in one of the higher 'at risk' groups--- 3 comorbidities and 73 y.o.

Thank God and President Trump for the Warp Speed program huh hack ? Fastest vaccine development ever. President Trump likely saved your life.

p.s. I was going to reply to this in the Bad News thread but didn't want to get censored for saying something political outside of the politics thread.

Encap

LOL

Senators Overjoyed By Chihuahua Jumping Through Hoops During Impeachment Intermission

hoops B.jpg

WASHINGTON—Cheering as the small, brown chihuahua triumphantly jumped through hoops placed throughout the Capitol chamber, senators were reportedly overjoyed Thursday when traveling act “The Amazing Nacho & Friends” performed acrobatics stunts during the impeachment intermission. The show, which took place after Senator Patrick Leahy called for a short 30-minute recess, reportedly began as the lights dimmed, pump-up music played, and the trainer and her 9-pound dogs triumphantly donned capes and rode scooters out to a series of platforms at the center of the gallery. According to witnesses, Democrats and Republicans could be spotted laughing and recording videos on their phones while Nacho then performed a series of tricks where he balanced on balls, caught high-flying Frisbees, and even jumped on top of Senator Chuck Schumer’s head to retrieve a treat. At press time, the pro tempore could be heard banging his gavel to restart the impeachment proceedings after Nacho became distracted, lunged from his owner, and started biting and humping the legs of several lawmakers.
~ The Onion - America's finest news source ~

paul1598419

The real problem with Republicans in the Senate is that if they don't convict he could run again. That doesn't worry me at all, but when he loses, which would very probably happen, he would likely call his White Supremacists and loyal violent supporters to do this all over again. That is a very real problem and they follow his commands to the letter. There will likely be many more Republican Senators that vote to convict than have ever been seen in a Senate trial before in our history, but unless he is convicted we could see this all happen again. I hope that Republicans find a spine and convict to keep this from happening all over again.

paul1598419

I watched the Senate trial in total so far. Trump's defense has been incompetent as I suspect they believe this is a done deal. But, there are several Republicans that don't believe the stolen election in the Senate while they do believe Trump is responsible for the insurrection on the Capital on 1/6. While the 2/3rds majority for conviction is high it is not impossible and there are already a huge bipartisan number of Senators ready to convict. I'm waiting to see if there are going to be any witnesses this time around.

conceptcar3

I watched the Senate trial in total so far. Trump's defense has been incompetent as I suspect they believe this is a done deal. But, there are several Republicans that don't believe the stolen election in the Senate while they do believe Trump is responsible for the insurrection on the Capital on 1/6. While the 2/3rds majority for conviction is high it is not impossible and there are already a huge bipartisan number of Senators ready to convict. I'm waiting to see if there are going to be any witnesses this time around.
Pipe dreams and fantasies. Witnesses or not the thing was over before it started. No Chief Justice presiding and the guy isn’t even the president so he can’t be removed from office. You can’t try and remove him from office in advance. If the American people vote for him, you’re done. He’s president.