Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

dreaming

"Politics is pro-wrestling for adults with unsatisfying lives."
- Johnathan Swift, or not

We are gonna BODY SLAM them Trumpers!
We're gonna PULVERISE them Bidenbots!

(4 years pass)

(Trump walks out dressed in NWO colors sporting a black beard and flanked by Hillary Clinton, Adam Schiff, "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan and Razor Ramone in the greatest face-heel turn in history)

All the people in zombieland watching TV and MSM internet: "Bah Gawd!"

It's a show.

They 'win', no matter who 'loses'.

We lose.

Over and over, we lose...

...because we are divided and fighting each other instead of the people jerking us all around.

:frownyface:

001_sNWO_04222002_0007--a15a7cead6fbb5b645cb34457ce8c372.jpg

Shakenawake

You two have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Every year the bank of Israel is injecting tens of billions of dollars into the US economy in an effort to keep the Israeli Shekel devalued. Just this week it has announced the planned purchase of $30b for '21. That's more than 5 times the US "aid" to Israel in recent years which is roughly $3.8b at its peak.
This "aid" is not actual money but a "coupon" to buy only American made defense products, at retail price. It has one purpose today and that's to subsidize the US arms industry and help keep its jobs. It's less than 1% of Israel's GDP and less than 0.02% America's. I would rather see it revoked more than you but it appears the arms lobby on your end is pushing for it harder than anyone else. Probably even more than Obama, who raised it to an unprecedented level after it used to be somewhere in the lower end of $3b.

P.S.

Israel doesn't have a single-payer healthcare. Israelis pay for their own health insurance and choose their HMOs.

They have universal basic healthcare but can supplement it. The insurance companies are not for profit. That's close enough in my book.

Benjamax

They have universal basic healthcare but can supplement it. The insurance companies are not for profit. That's close enough in my book.

Well then in my book that's a stretch of the term. The Israeli HMOs aren't state owned and the insured pay them, both deferentially paycheck deductible and then additionally payed by direct debit (otherwise the insurance is so bare boned it's almost worthless). Then, specific payments, must be added by the insured when receiving treatments, which are administered mostly by private doctors and facilities. Perhaps this is why the Wiki page you refer to does not classify it as a single payer system. The Wiki page for the actual term also doesn't mention Israel but lists other countries. A subsection however, does indicate the term is often used somewhat loosely.

RedCowboy

Cuomo sent the infected into nursing homes, then Cuomo had the dying sent into hospitals so the deaths would be counted as hospital-covid deaths and not nursing home deaths.........I have to think maybe Cuomo was intentionally driving up the covid death toll for political reasons, the question is at whos instruction ?

paul1598419

Trump's legal team has quit on him and he needs to be ready for his impeachment trial on Tuesday. Don't have any details on why they all bailed on him yet, but I can speculate as others have bailed on him too. The GOP seems to be in tatters at the moment. I wonder who instructed them on this.

While Trump was instructing the DOJ to look into antifa and other left leaning groups for causing violence and rioting, none of which panned out, the DOJ was left without much to investigate right leaning White Supremacists groups just prior to the insurrection at the Capital on January 6th. This is now being investigated by the IG's office.

Last edited:

Benjamax

preview

in full

edit

edit
....because..a real leader

Last edited:

paul1598419

Looking forward to Tuesday when the Trump impeachment trial in the Senate is slated to begin. After 5 of Trump's lawyers walked out on him on 1/31, he now has less reputable lawyers defending him. This time it looks like at least 5 Republicans may join with Democrats to convict. It will take 17 Republicans to convict, however, and that seems unlikely at this point. Still, after the House prosecutes their case any Republicans that vote to acquit will be marred by that decision which might lead to their defeats in the next election. I will be watching the trial anxiously to see the case the House will bring to show Trump's culpability in the January 6th assault on the Capital. Republicans seem to want to argue that impeaching Trump after he left office is Unconstitutional. That is ridiculous as many impeached people who tried to avoid conviction by leaving office were convicted and disqualified from ever holding any office again. For that reason, if this were held in a court of law it wouldn't be an argument that Republicans would get away with. Unfortunately, Republicans are trying to avoid the facts of this case and are arguing process instead.

paul1598419

The trial to test the Constitutionality of trying Trump went 56 in favor to 44 against. Trump was represented by the law firm of Dewey Cheatem and Howe. Their arguments were meandering and often furious, but that did not hold the day. Tomorrow at noon ET starts the case against Donald Trump. :LOL:

conceptcar3

The trial to test the Constitutionality of trying Trump went 56 in favor to 44 against. Trump was represented by the law firm of Dewey Cheatem and Howe. Their arguments were meandering and often furious, but that did not hold the day. Tomorrow at noon ET starts the case against Donald Trump. :LOL:
And it will be a complete waste of your time and all the tax payers money as you know because it takes 66 votes to convict 😂 not too smart

conceptcar3

On top of that there’s no Chief Justice presiding over it... and the dude is a private citizen now. So it is completely unconstitutional and a waste of time and tax payer money.

paul1598419

And it will be a complete waste of your time and all the tax payers money as you know because it takes 66 votes to convict 😂 not too smart
Actually, it is worth a lot as it will be seen by many voters and Trump will be finished because of that alone. He is actually more focused on a judicial trial which will be his real downfall.

The Senate has SOLE power to try impeachments. Since they voted to try Trump it IS Constitutional.

conceptcar3

Actually, it is worth a lot as it will be seen by many voters and Trump will be finished because of that alone. He is actually more focused on a judicial trial which will be his real downfall.

The Senate has SOLE power to try impeachments. Since they voted to try Trump it IS Constitutional.
You seem to have forgot that the constitution requires the Chief Justice to Preside over the senate. You flunk constitutional law.

Gadget

How about the FACT that Biden confessed, on national television, on a stage set for the Council on Foreign Relations (more swamp rats), that he bribed the president of Ukraine with a cool billion of U.S. aid money, and I quote "I'm only gonna be here for about another 6 hours, and if he's not fired, no billion. Well, sonofabitch! He did it!"

That would hold up in any non-corrupt court in the land as a direct confession. Period.

paul1598419

How about the FACT that Biden confessed, on national television, on a stage set for the Council on Foreign Relations (more swamp rats), that he bribed the president of Ukraine with a cool billion of U.S. aid money, and I quote "I'm only gonna be here for about another 6 hours, and if he's not fired, no billion. Well, sonofabitch! He did it!"

That would hold up in any non-corrupt court in the land as a direct confession. Period.
Shokin, the corrupt prosecutor that Biden insisted be fired, was not investigating any of the corrupt politicians in Ukraine and it was the Obama policy as well as that of most of our allies that he had to go. That was hardly a confession of corruption the like of what was shown today by the House prosecutors against Trump today.

It is also noteworthy that another Republican who hadn't voted for the Constitutionality before today joined with the other 5 Republicans to make the vote to try this case 56 in favor. That was Bill Cassidy of Louisiana. That goes to show that there are still minds that can be changed. At any rate, Trump will never be elected as dog catcher in Bumfuck, Mississippi after this trial is over.

RedCowboy

NSSSVLNIFJBD5LRJT3L3ANROKM.jpg