Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

Ears and Eggs

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hahaaahaaa hahaaa

Reminds me of a scene from The Simpsons Movie:

s8104omzbd0z.jpg

paul1598419

:ROFLMAO:😂😆😁🤣🤪😂😅😂🤣
I mean the worthless Nobel Peace Prize like (crooked for accepting it) Obama got 2 minutes into office without doing anything to earn it, and then instigating "Arab Spring" civil war fires all over the Middle East by subversive activities.
President Trump didn't start any wars. He ended wars and then made 4 (!) peace agreements and was about to achieve at least a dozen more. That's because everyone involved respect and trust him. I'm both honored and humbled to have him in my avatar.
Sleepy Joe has already started one war. 75m-80m American voters didn't get their day in court. You may now add insult to injury and attempt to "impeach" their representative. See where that gets you in a few years.
Trump played down this pandemic from the start for political reasons and that is why we are behind, not only in testing, but in logistics to get the vaccines that are out to the people who need it. The fact s that Trump started his administration by lying about the crowd size at his inauguration and the lies just got worse from there. Now he is looking at very likely criminal prosecutions for trying to overturn the election in many states and also by trying ti use the DOJ to do it also. He has been a liar and a fraud his whole life and if you think that is good for the GOP we'll see together. Many in the GOP believe it is better to let Trump go as McConnell said. There were 10 Republican House members who signed on for impeachment this time and there will likely be more Republican Senators who do as well. I expect Trump to be fighting prosecutions in Federal court and at least three other jurisdictions Like NY, Georgia and D.C. If that is a hero to you then we shall see if you end up a winner after this is over.

It is too soon to know how Biden's approval rating will look, but his approval of his transition is at 60% and Trump's was at 40% at this same time. Trump never got up to 50% approval in his whole time in office.

Benjamax

Trump played down this pandemic from the start for political reasons and that is why we are behind, not only in testing, but in logistics to get the vaccines that are out to the people who need it. The fact s that Trump started his administration by lying about the crowd size at his inauguration and the lies just got worse from there. Now he is looking at very likely criminal prosecutions for trying to overturn the election in many states and also by trying ti use the DOJ to do it also. He has been a liar and a fraud his whole life and if you think that is good for the GOP we'll see together. Many in the GOP believe it is better to let Trump go as McConnell said. There were 10 Republican House members who signed on for impeachment this time and there will likely be more Republican Senators who do as well. I expect Trump to be fighting prosecutions in Federal court and at least three other jurisdictions Like NY, Georgia and D.C. If that is a hero to you then we shall see if you end up a winner after this is over.

It is too soon to know how Biden's approval rating will look, but his approval of his transition is at 60% and Trump's was at 40% at this same time. Trump never got up to 50% approval in his whole time in office.
The USA is currently the 5th most vaccinated country in the world according to https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
I would argue it's actually the 2nd most vaccinated country and the 1st is the UK because 3 of the 5 most vaccinated are special cases.That's all credited to President Trump and his vaccine stimulus plan. Without him there wouldn't be a vaccine today. Maybe in a year or two at best. People received Nobel Prize for a lot less, as well as for less than the four peace deals he achieved. So yes, that is a hero right there. You should stick to facts paul. I try to stick to facts whenever I'm not speaking my opinion, but your posts are entirely made up of narrative and useless assertions, as well as statements that can just as well be, and are most of the time, lies. The constitution allows the impeachment of a sitting president, not a private citizen. At some point your wishful thinking has turned into full fledged hallucination. You still want to "impeach" him? Sure, go ahead, throw the constitution out the window and continue to change the rules of the game. I'm sure you'll be thrilled to see what happens when the other 80 million people feel they can do the same.

Unown (WILD)

It's sad to hear the things I'm hearing about biden. He's taking away jobs, signing documents without knowing what they are and much more. I don't know what else to say about this stuff anymore. It's too mind boggling.

paul1598419

The USA is currently the 5th most vaccinated country in the world according to https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
I would argue it's actually the 2nd most vaccinated country and the 1st is the UK because 3 of the 5 most vaccinated are special cases.That's all credited to President Trump and his vaccine stimulus plan. Without him there wouldn't be a vaccine today. Maybe in a year or two at best. People received Nobel Prize for a lot less, as well as for less than the four peace deals he achieved. So yes, that is a hero right there. You should stick to facts paul. I try to stick to facts whenever I'm not speaking my opinion, but your posts are entirely made up of narrative and useless assertions, as well as statements that can just as well be, and are most of the time, lies. The constitution allows the impeachment of a sitting president, not a private citizen. At some point your wishful thinking has turned into full fledged hallucination. You still want to "impeach" him? Sure, go ahead, throw the constitution out the window and continue to change the rules of the game. I'm sure you'll be thrilled to see what happens when the other 80 million people feel they can do the same.

Trump was impeached twice while president. It is up to the Senate to hold a trial. Being out of office doesn't remove the need for a trial. There have been many persons impeached and removed from office, but leaving office has not stopped the Senate from convicting them and disqualifying them from ever hold office of any kind again.

RedCowboy

If the dems didn't steal the election then why so afraid of Trump running again....it should be an easy win for Biden, the most popular candidate in history....more popular than Obama.......oh wait, that's TRUMP.....YEP, Trump got more votes than Obama ! :LOL::ROFLMAO:😁🙃😝😜🤪

Benjamax

Trump was impeached twice while president. It is up to the Senate to hold a trial. Being out of office doesn't remove the need for a trial. There have been many persons impeached and removed from office, but leaving office has not stopped the Senate from convicting them and disqualifying them from ever hold office of any kind again.
And there you go. Even you know that the congress doesn't actually impeach.
"many persons" is not a president. Try to think of an example with a president. Let's not compare apples and oranges.
Perhaps we should make it a new custom to convict past presidents because they don't suit us politically? I'd start with Obama, Clinton and Carter. I'm sure there's enough to put each of them in for a few millennia. Heck while we're at it why not convict ex-justices for rulings they did while in office that you didn't find pleasing? Gosh it's bad enough to be clueless of your own constitution and how democracy works but this self awareness of a toad is what really bothers me.

meanwhile in the real world, your "real leader" is selling you out

edit

edit2
And it's like that everywhere you read your news. I can't say this surprises me

Last edited:

paul1598419

This is what you are looking for. The power to impeach and remove, as well as to further keep someone from running for office again is in, Article II Section IV of the Constitution. This election was not stolen. The more than 60 lawsuits brought by Trump and the GOP proved that. But, Trump, desperate to hold onto power had used the bully pulpit of his office to incite a crowd of his supporters to storm the Capital and stop the Congress from certifying Biden's win. This was pretty much why he was impeached the first time as he wanted a foreign power to open a false investigation into Biden to try to stop some people from voting for him. There is no low bar that Trump won't stoop to in order to hold onto his power. That is why he got impeached again and why this time 10 Republican Representatives joined with the Democrats to Impeach him again. Just because he has left office he is not now immune from a trial in the Senate. My bet is more Republicans will vote to convict this time and then a simple majority is all that will be needed to disqualify him from ever holding office again if he is convicted.

Last edited:

Benjamax

Read that part of the constitution. The first line regards a President. Not a former president. You can "impeach" me too if you like. 🤣 🤪 😁 😄
ArtII.S4.1.2.1 Offices Eligible for Impeachment
Article II, Section 4:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
And if you had actually read that article you'd have known by now the impeachment is a mechanism to remove a president from office. Not a tool for Bolshevic witch-hunts against civilians.
This election was stolen through and through.

edit
But, Trump, desperate to hold onto power had used the bully pulpit of his office to incite a crowd of his supporters to storm the Capital and stop the Congress from certifying Biden's win.
One more thing. You're such a pathological liar paul, it's not even funny. Literally every single thing you say is a lie. As a decisively indicative test which reflects on everything else you say, I'm taking this part of your reply. And I now ask you to give us a single quote from President Trump's speech at the rally that confirms what you said. Show us exactly with his actual words how he incited people to storm the Capitol. All I heard him say was "protest peacefully and patriotically" but perhaps Bolsheviks LIKE YOU use a different dictionary. In that case I'd be happy to have a link for that too. If you satisfy this request and show me that quote I'll take this all back. Otherwise, you are a certified LIAR and I'll take this as your admission that you are indeed a pathological liar. And this is here for all to see. Shame on you!
Maybe this should go in my sig.

Last edited:

paul1598419

Trump was impeached by the House while he was still in office. In fact, 10 Republicans added to the roles of those who voted for this impeachment. Once impeached the Senate has to have a trial. It was pitiful last time because Mitch McConnell wouldn't allow witnesses. This time the Senate has Democratic control and I suspect more Republicans will be joining the numbers to convict. It remains to be seen if at least 17 will join to convict. The big lie here by Trump was that this election was stolen. He spent a lot of time advancing this lie and once the Capital was taken over by his supporters he told them he "loved them" for their actions there. This was nothing less than an insurrection. The 14th Amendment states that no one convicted of insurrection against the United states shall be eligible for any office. Watch the trial.....it should be very damning.

Last edited:

Benjamax

^Shameless pathological and certified liar.
proof:
One more thing. You're such a pathological liar paul, it's not even funny. Literally every single thing you say is a lie. As a decisively indicative test which reflects on everything else you say, I'm taking this part of your reply. And I now ask you to give us a single quote from President Trump's speech at the rally that confirms what you said. Show us exactly with his actual words how he incited people to storm the Capitol. All I heard him say was "protest peacefully and patriotically" but perhaps Bolsheviks LIKE YOU use a different dictionary. In that case I'd be happy to have a link for that too. If you satisfy this request and show me that quote I'll take this all back. Otherwise, you are a certified LIAR and I'll take this as your admission that you are indeed a pathological liar. And this is here for all to see. Shame on you!
Maybe this should go in my sig.

paul1598419

You seem to think the only evidence against Trump is that speech, but there was more on his Facebook and Twitter accounts too. Trump told his supporters to go to the Capital in that speech and said he would go with them. That was hilarious as Trump never does anything that might put himself in jeopardy. He was also quoted as telling his supporters that they would have to fight or they would not have a country left. The fact that Republicans have signed onto this impeachment and the procedural vote that was held in the Senate was joined by Republicans defeating the nonsense idea that a trial would be unconstitutional. The Washington Post today showed videos of the storming of the Capital by Trump supporters and the National Guard there was prohibited for hours from going in to help the Capital Police. Over 400 insurrectionists are under investigation and over 200 have been charged with many more charges expected. It was late into the night before the Capital was under control again.

Last edited:

hakzaw1

Trump is not being impeached in order to get him out of office. This needs to be done so he can NEVER run for any office again.. so if you are on the Trump train---better hurry it is leaving the station.