Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

Wakrah

Donate to LPF first, screw both the GOP and DNC.

RedCowboy

I'm giving mine to an ethnic minority charity so I can virtue signal too, you should all do the same or else you're racist and you will be shamed and hopefully punished for failing to account for your privilege.

What about people who have been out of work for an extended time, will they be getting checks ?

People with the most need are getting skipped, we need to dole out regular checks based on need and require able bodies to work.

Last edited:

Wakrah

No checks for you if you and your spouse file taxes together and earn over 100K a year (forget how much you really get), but you will pay for it anyway.

Shakenawake

I dont need it in particular although I will make good use of it if I get it. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy.

It's hard for me to feel bad about getting the check given the way they enslave us with our own money, they give billions of it to corporations and other nations and let us pick up the tab all the time. To the extent that money is even real anymore. So yeah I really dont care at this point. Fiscal responsibility went out the window decades ago

paul1598419

My hope is that people who are hit the worst by this pandemic will get some relief. It's still good if you can use the money to pay bills and buy food. I personally believe that foreign aid is a good thing as it buys a lot of good will and we need all the friends we can get.

Shakenawake

My hope is that people who are hit the worst by this pandemic will get some relief. It's still good if you can use the money to pay bills and buy food. I personally believe that foreign aid is a good thing as it buys a lot of good will and we need all the friends we can get.
I dont like my tax dollars going to isreal so they can continue to violate international law and oppress the Palestinian people. Not to mention the fact that isreal has single payer healthcare and we dont. So, we cant afford to provide healthcare to our own citizens, but we can afford to give money to other nations who do have it. Makes tons of sense. Now having said that I guess I'm not in opposition to all foreign aid but the devil is always in the details

paul1598419

I agree with you on Israel. But, we do give aid to many other countries too. Unfortunately we are often not allowed into the loop of details when this is done. I don't believe like Trump that we need to need to do "America First." It is just his way of promoting isolation.

Benjamax

You two have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Every year the bank of Israel is injecting tens of billions of dollars into the US economy in an effort to keep the Israeli Shekel devalued. Just this week it has announced the planned purchase of $30b for '21. That's more than 5 times the US "aid" to Israel in recent years which is roughly $3.8b at its peak.
This "aid" is not actual money but a "coupon" to buy only American made defense products, at retail price. It has one purpose today and that's to subsidize the US arms industry and help keep its jobs. It's less than 1% of Israel's GDP and less than 0.02% America's. I would rather see it revoked more than you but it appears the arms lobby on your end is pushing for it harder than anyone else. Probably even more than Obama, who raised it to an unprecedented level after it used to be somewhere in the lower end of $3b.

P.S.
Not to mention the fact that isreal has single payer healthcare and we dont.
Israel doesn't have a single-payer healthcare. Israelis pay for their own health insurance and choose their HMOs.

RedCowboy

A new strain of COVID that spreads faster is becoming the dominant US strain and Biden is " Hoping " to get out 100M doses in 100 Days, he won't, and how many people will die because of that ?

Trump had a much harder job but all Biden has to do is oversee production and distribution.

Liberal cities are throwing away vaccine and people are flocking to Florida because their Republican governance is getting people vaccinated. Why do democrats like NY Cuomo want people to die ? Is Cuomo such a control monger tyrant that people must die ?

From the Seattle Times:
NEW YORK — Across New York state, medical providers in recent weeks had the same story: They had been forced to throw out precious vaccine doses because of difficulties finding patients who matched precisely with the state’s strict vaccination guidelines — and the steep penalties they would face had they made a mistake.

On Saturday, state health officials responded to the outcry over discarded vaccines by again abruptly loosening guidelines as coronavirus cases continued to rise.

Last edited:

paul1598419

It is always liberal cities that are responsible for loss of vaccines according to you. Trump mismanaged this so badly that no one is getting the vaccines they were promised and Biden is coming to office way behind where we were all told we would be at his inauguration. Trump has checked out on do anything as president weeks ago and it is liberal cities that now take the blame? That is laughable.

RedCowboy

Nope, it's not laughable paul, it's a fact, Cuomo sent the infected into nursing homes killing many seniors, his actions forced New York to see the nations highest covid death rate and now the control monger tyrant liberal is killing people with his threats to the medical community of massive fines if the vaccine isn't given according to his inane criteria, so much so that vaccine is being wasted and discarded........you are right about one thing, it is liberal run cities that are often to blame, but it's not laughable and now we will watch Biden fail as misinformation and excuses are deployed to cover it up and the crisis is further exploited for control.

Over the course of 2021 we will be told of what a great job Biden is doing yet at the same time we will be told how we must all sacrifice and follow instructions to deal with this deadly pandemic, of course mutations and Trump will be blamed while tyrants like Cuomo keep killing people with asinine policy.

paul1598419

Cuomo did that early on in this pandemic as there were many mistakes made early on, not just by Democratic Governors, but by Republican ones too. Hell, the mistakes made by Trump dwarf those made by any governor. And he has never admitted to ever making a mistake always blaming someone else for any mistakes he ever made. The fact that he politicized this pandemic and still does is the greatest source of misinformation about this pandemic.

RedCowboy

Making excuses won't save lives, Trump won't be involved in just a few more days....yes I know you are thrilled, so it's time for those in positions of power to do their dam jobs and get the vaccine out, this new strain is spreading fast and there are still plenty of older Americans who don't deserve to die on account of Cuomo's lack of leadership.

It's useless at this point to talk about Trump, now we must focus on saving lives, we must focus of the current and continuing failings of Cuomo and the alike who are blocking the distribution of the vaccine.

There's a reason why people are flocking to Florida where the Republican governance is getting people vaccinated and there's a reason so many people are moving out of California and other liberal run cities.

-------------------------------------------------------

When you steal an election half of everyone is against you.

Last edited:

Seoul_lasers

Well I hope all goes well on Wednesday. I think I have come to my own conclusions regarding Trumps presidency. I am not 100% for or against him. There were a few things that he did helped Canada including the Keystone Trans-mountain pipeline in BC and a re-imaging NAFTA. Under Trump no wars were fought and the first real efforts were made to open up the DPRK. While JongEun and Donald traded some creative barbs at the UN, Rocketman vs Dotard ... On 2019 June 30th at 3:46pm Trump became the first US president to walk into North Korea and talk to Marshal Kim JongUn.
We all know that Trump had some faults but I think I can disagree on the attack on free speech by private firms. This is 100% not the right move and has major implications internationally.

Again, I am NOT a Trump supporter, I didn't like his contradictory rhetoric on a number of issues or protectionist stances on immigration.

I just wished Democrats and Republicans could listen to each other without becoming so polarized. So Sad... So Sad...