Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

Seoul_lasers

More videos are coming out about the Trump supporters who stormed the Capital Building on Wednesday. The way there devolved into a mob is quite stunning. They started attacking the media, police, though you don't see any "blue lives matter" here, and Representatives and Senators. Democracy is a fragile thing and I'm glad to see that more of these people are getting arrested as they are identified. Yesterday there were at least 83 people under arrest and I expect that number to increase drastically as individuals are identified in this mob. This looked much more like a third world country than the USA.
Actually been to a number of third world countries that still maintain a civil decency even during civil unrest, Thailand December 2013 stands out in my mind. Things got very heated between protesters and then one of the redshirts chucking around a hand grenade.
There is no civility, just selfishness playing out. I see it on all sides.

True? I hope to God it is:

I don't know where this guy is going with his logic. He jumps around linking unconnected events...
Pakistan was in the world news over the last couple of days for the large power outage due to its extremely fragile power infrastructure an engineering fault... dead substation XMFR caused this. IT is no surprise that it has happened before.

Ears and Eggs

Super Moderator
Staff member

Wakrah

I keep finding rumors of this kind of thing, and he had the power outage in Berlin wrong, but a lot of us are holding on to hope something will happen, but so far, nothing I can substantiate.

Wakrah

I can see it now, doxing these people will just create more life long enemies of the leftists. Someone might do the same thing to twitter next.

Benjamax

True? I hope to God it is:

I wouldn't believe him. His body language doesn't seem trustworthy to me. And that's besides the point his stories sound far fetched and incoherent. However, he does mix his stories with things that are real, but they are not new information.

edit
Just a heads up for anyone on Parler, hopefully the breach is not as bad as first indicated here:

Don't believe for a second that this is a hack.
I would bet thousands of $$$ (if there was a way to verify the truth) that this was done by someone at AWS, perhaps under direction of Bezos himself.

Last edited:

Wakrah

What happened to Parler:

I don't believe our court system works anymore, not when it comes to anything to do with Trump, no faith in them now. I just learned listening to that show on Rumble that the app Signal is owned by Twitter! Damn it to hell, I just took Whatsapp off because it is owned by Facebook and replaced it with Signal, now I need to find something to replace Signal~ Twitter, Amazon and Facebook are all enemies of conservatism, I will have nothing to do with them now. Won't use Google for a damn thing again, started using Rumble instead of YT too.

paul1598419

The problem for large companies that have banned parler is their own legal culpability. This is very real to them. Especially since seeing all the violence called for on parler lately. If the are ordered by a court to reinstate them it will likely give them some cover they don't have right now.

paul1598419

It is hilarious that you are calling Biden's pick for a position in the DOJ as racist after all the racist comments by Donald Trump against Muslims, Mexicans and other peoples of color. Having to go back to someone's college days to point point racism is a stretch as often people in college are still making decisions about the world and especially politics. I suspect Biden will get her confirmed as Democrats now hold the Senate too, along with the House and presidency. If only we can keep Trump from trying to overturn this elections as his time is running out quickly. He cannot leave soon enough after pushing his supporters to overrun the Capital.

Benjamax

Did she ever take back her "college days" beliefs? Also, you're accusing President Trump of being racist without showing anything to support it.

paul1598419

Hell, the Trump statement that Obama was not born here was a racist call that a Black man had no business in the White House. He literally called Mexicans all criminals and Muslims were not allowed to reenter this country once Trump was inaugurated and provided an executive order making this so. The case brought against him in the 1970s against not allowing people of color to rent any of his properties...their applications were marked with a "C" for colored. The list is endless. The "Black Houses"!? Really? Thanks for making my pooint.

RedCowboy

It is hilarious that you are calling Biden's pick for a position in the DOJ as racist after all the racist comments by Donald Trump against Muslims, Mexicans and other peoples of color.

She is a racist and Donald Trump bla bla bla has nothing to do with her racism, you're a hypocrite.

Two wrongs don't make a right, either take a stand against racism unilaterally or admit you're using it as a tool.

One persons racism is no less abhorrent just because they have a ( D ) by their name.