Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

RedCowboy

I'm not saying only those wanting a female president would vote for Warren but there are a lot of mush head millennials who think pretty simply, rather they just follow the herd not knowing much about anything but what they are told and there may be enough to put her ahead of Sanders.......however with Biden's troubles Sanders should pick up some of his supporters, question is will it be enough, if it is he has a chance because the dem voters who support Warren just because she's a woman are the same who will vote for anyone to out Trump.
Yes I agree that none of the Dems look any good except maybe Tulsi Gabbard, but I don't see her as a real contender ATM.

Shakenawake

I am glad Tulsi made it back on the debate stage though. How they managed to screw her out of the last one yet let nobodies like Amy Klobuchar on stage is beyond me, though I guess there is bad blood between Tulsi and the DNC. I think her voice needs to be heard and I do so enjoy watching her clean the clocks of the other candidates as she did to Cop-mala harris and Douche bag Tim Ryan in the last ones. Kamela never really recovered from that evisceration.

she has said some groan inducing things though like when she went on Dave Rubin's show and just agreed with his right wing framing that yes the other dems just hate America and want open borders. (Paraphrasing) but other times she knocks it out of the park and points out the bullcrap framing of the corporate media.

paul1598419

I can see I'm still likely the only person here who actually read the Mueller report. Had anyone else done so, they would not be so hasty to accept any conclusion but that Russia interfered in the 2016 election for the purpose of hurting HRC and electing Trump. But, people seem to have short attention spans and over 400 pages are a lot to read and comprehend.

I voted for Sanders in the primary of the last election, so you're preaching to the choir. I have also watched Warren for years and she is very knowledgeable and educated and makes some very salient points. With the field of Democratic candidates so full, they put a restriction of 1.5% donors to campaigns to get to each debate. Doesn't seem excessive to me, but if one's favorite candidate didn't make it, I can see them unhappy with it. Only time will tell who will end up as the candidate to run in 2020, but all this debate seems only healthy to me as we can only have oone candidate in the end.

Shakenawake

Warren has some bright spots for sure in her policies but she doesnt inspire confidence in me that she actually would follow through on all of them based on some of her recent comments on healthcare. On foreign policy, shes a standard corporate Democrat. She voted for Trumps military budget, actually giving him more than he asked for. I like her better than HRC I guess but that's such a low bar to clear

Some of these candidates are doing some cringy stuff like Beto doing the skateboard thing. Reminds me of HRC when she made the "pokemon go to the polls" remark. The most shameless pandering and so very patronizing.

RedCowboy

There's a reason Obama is not, has not and will not endorse Biden, he knows he can't deny that he knew what Biden was doing, he knows it will come out and this is the reason for this impeachment farce, Trump for all his faults is fighting the deep state swamp and they have been in fear of this since he was elected, they have been attacking Trump since he was elected not because of any BS social values but because as Trump flat out said at his inauguration he's here to drain the swamp.

Those of you who only parrot the liberal talking points are either ignorant of the facts or you don't care, if you don't care then know this will effect you too in the long run, our government has been corrupt for a long time and I welcome any real bringing to light of these facts and hopefully we will see some accountability.

paul1598419

These conspiracy theories that republicans and Trump have used to attack Biden, and by default Obama, are the worst kind of nonsense. Talk about parroting the party line, that is exactly what you have been doing. All your links are to Fox or other far right conservative sites. John Solomon says he has documentation, but never put it out for others to examine. Yes, I do believe that Hunter Biden did give the appearance of doing something that might be considered to be self serving, but no one outside of Trump-world is saying he did anything illegal. And the Trump argument is that he MIGHT have done so.

We have a president that has been the walking/talking version of impropriety. He never divested himself of his business holdings like every other presidential candidate has done and at every opportunity he plugs his hotels to foreign people and uses them as places where he can make money by having government officials stay at them while he goes to them often. This guy is the most self dealing president this country has ever had without exception. It truly looks like Trump is trying to make money in excess of his salary as president by using his businesses to entice foreign heads of state to not only stay there, but take up a residence at them as well. We have never had anyone in this office like this before now. And it is constitutionally illegal to do so. The framers of the constitution put in the emoluments clause three separate times.

RedCowboy

This impeachment BS is not about emoluments it's about digging into the criminal Obama admin. dirty dealings.

paul1598419

No one before Trump claimed Obama did anything illegal and pushing the theory that he did is just Trump's way of trying to deflect voters from looking at his own self dealing and these impeachment issues. No one has ever gone back and looked at trying to prosecute an ex-president of the US before now. He is even talking about Clinton who hasn't been in office in this century. It is total nonsense! Trump is trying to get voters interested in anyone except himself for possible prosecution. "Don't look at my impeachable acts, look at the Bidens and Obama. And also Biden is running for president, so we need to look at this theory that he did something illegal when he was vice president back in 2009." And to that end he stated to the new Ukrainian president that he, Trump, has done a lot for them and in the very next sentence asks for a "favor" to look into an unproven conspiracy theory and also a long lost server that shows Russia didn't interfere with the 2016 election. Democrats did.

RedCowboy

No one before Trump claimed Obama did anything illegal
WHAT ?????
Yes people did, IRS SCANDAL, FAST AND FURIOUS, ect..............................................................

You are right about one thing paul, this is not over and isn't going away, there will likely be plenty for you to deny over the next four years as we start seeing some indictments against these deep state bastards.

Last edited:

paul1598419

That's what you get for living in Trump-world and getting your news from Fox. You likely didn't know that Trump lost another federal court case today in D.C. about documents that the House is still trying to get concerning the Mueller report. Yeah, they are still not finished investigating that. There are still many allegations Mueller made about the Trump campaign that he didn't get proof of because Trump was not forthcoming during that investigation either. But, the obstruction of justice was very real. All that talk of "no collusion no obstruction" is just Trump-world speak for I'm still here. Yes, he is.....for now.

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
Very interesting video about the left leaning authoritarian digital media companies:

paul1598419

This impeachment investigation is turning into the gift that keeps on giving. Today two people were arrested at Dulles airport trying to leave the country who are charged with funneling at least hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Trump campaign from foreign governments. Trump has said he did not know they were working with Giuliani, but several photographs have surfaced showing Trump talking with these individuals. Fox News became the butt of a nasty tweet by Trump yesterday for releasing their poll that shows 51% of Americans believe Trump should be impeached and removed from office right now. Trump also tweeted that only 25% of Americans are in favor of the impeachment inquiry, but when asked several times, the white house has refused to say which poll this information is coming from.

In a just released Washington Post article there were four members of Trump's team who were aware of Trump's phone call asking for dirt on the Bidens and also the nonexistent server that backs up his contention that Russia didn't interfere with the 2016 election, but the DNC did with Ukrainians and were so alarmed that it was illegal that they took measures to isolate it. This is just the tip of the ice burg if the rest of the whistle blower's contention bears out as he said there were more than a dozen who were aware of and alarmed by this abuse of presidential power. There is also a very interesting article in the Post laying out how exactly Trump is trying to rig the 2020 election by using government officials to further this bogus investigation into his political rivals which is an impeachable offense all by itself.

Shakenawake

This impeachment BS is not about emoluments it's about digging into the criminal Obama admin. dirty dealings.
Yeah Pelosi really effed up IMO by limiting the scope of it to the Ukraine stuff. I dont much like that woman

I've got little to no love for trump, but regarding whether biden and his son broke the law, I will say this. Just because something is not illegal, doesnt mean it isnt wrong or unethical. After all, the rich and powerful have been making the rules to suit themselves for quite some time now. That's the problem

paul1598419

You haven't been paying attention if you think this is all that has happened. Trump not only used the money congress had appropriated to them to get made up dirt on Joe Biden, but Giuliani and Trump Jr. had gotten conservative media outlets to disparage the Ukraine Ambassador, Marie Yovanovich, so they could get her out of the way making it possible for Trump to put his EU Ambassador to also take over in Ukraine. What was this guy's credentials? He had donated $1 million to Trump, but he was a hotel owner, so definitely a carrier US official. Giuliani was working with four of these people of whom three have now been arrested and the fourth is going to turn himself in tomorrow. In addition to all of that, it has come to light that several members of the department of state had been pushed out because they were concerned that what Trump was doing by holding the Ukrainian money up. You would think that Trump would realize that this left a paper trail, but no one can oppose Trump and not end up losing their job. In addition to all of that, it has come to light that Trump also put a condition on the Ukrainian president that he hold a press conference to tell them that the Bidens were under investigation. Unbelievable!

This has all been a scheme by this White House to to illegally effect the output of the 2020 election by planting bad PR against his likely opponent. There are over a dozen new things that have come out just today. These guys who have been arrested are very much a large part of this scheme and by following the money and the paper trails all of this has come to light just today.

Rudy Giuliani, when asked about these people he had been working with who have now been arrested, said "it comes at a peculiar time." Are you kidding me? Two of these guys were arrested at the airport leaving the country with one way tickets.

RedCowboy

You haven't been paying attention if you think this is all that has happened. Trump not only used the money congress had appropriated to them to get made up dirt on Joe Biden
Made up dirt, paul stop making things up, you're not working for CNN. Just because some unofficial/informal Trump advisor claims he got dirt on Biden from China ( and he didn't even claim anything was made up either not that a claim proves anything anyway) doesn't make what you said any less of a lie, you convict Trump on a mere possibility and acquit Biden on any tiny doubt. Can you prove that Trump paid for made up dirt ? If it was Hillary you would say she didn't do it because she hasn't been convicted, so tell me when was Trump convicted of paying for made up dirt on Biden ?