Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Politics and General Debates Thread

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
This YT video also explores the way Google can use your computers camera and microphone to collect info on you, if they can do it with their application software, perhaps a good hacker could leverage googles application to use it to do the same thing.

You can put tape over your camera, but they can still hear. We need devices which allow us a hard switch to deactivate both the camera and microphone, software cannot get around the power to them being cut off with a open switch.

Signed, rightfully paranoid....

Last edited:

Benjamax

Webcam/Smartphone camera's sliding covers are available on ebay ("camera cover"). They're dirt cheap too.
About the microphone, just a thought that I had, never tried it-
A strong neodymium magnet may seriously disrupt a phone's microphone at close range.
Perhaps an aftermarket "hard switch" for the microphone that uses such tiny magnet is possible with a small sticky add-on for the phone like they make for the camera covers.
There are two caveats however. First, many if not most phones have two microphones or more, for noise cancellation. Usually top and bottom. Second, I don't think it should damage the microphone, which is essentially a reversed electromagnet, but it should be verified, and also it may only disrupt the microphone in certain orientation.

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
If a carbon mic, I am not so sure it would interrupt that, I haven't been following microphone technology used in phones or notebook computers at all to know.

paul1598419

Since you haven't been paying attention I would expect no less. Biden said he would transition from fossil fuels. Hell, even Exxon is transitioning from them to renewable energy sources. Saw the Hummer is being released as an all electric truck as well as Ford trucks and many more options. Everyone is already in transition away from fossil fuels. Anyone who isn't will be left buying their stuff from the Chinese. So, this is already happening across the US. We didn't leave the stone age because we ran out of stones. We transitioned to metals. Only Trump is going down with the ship with fossil fuels.

conceptcar3

Since you haven't been paying attention I would expect no less. Biden said he would transition from fossil fuels. Hell, even Exxon is transitioning from them to renewable energy sources. Saw the Hummer is being released as an all electric truck as well as Ford trucks and many more options. Everyone is already in transition away from fossil fuels. Anyone who isn't will be left buying their stuff from the Chinese. So, this is already happening across the US. We didn't leave the stone age because we ran out of stones. We transitioned to metals. Only Trump is going down with the ship with fossil fuels.
We all saw what Biden said during the debate. He’s going to shut down oil and fracking and destroy our energy independence. Pennsylvania Ohio and the rest saw too. Biden lost Pennsylvania at the debate.

RedCowboy

I am all for electric cars once the battery technology catches up and you can recharge is the same time it takes to fill a gas tank and I like seeing that most manufacturers have zero emission options, but lets not put the cart before the horse here, having the option to buy a zero emissions vehicle and being forced to is totally different.

LOOK MAN, HERE'S THE DEAL : Biden has no plan, he's just peddling easy answers........I am watching him speak right now and he says wear masks and social distance, listen to scientist........REALLY, that's his plan........that is no plan, also Biden has a bruise on his head, looks like he fell down last night.

paul1598419

The problem is Trump is all over the place. The University of Washington Institute of Heath Metrics and Evaluation shows only 49% of people in the US are wearing masks. If that could be increased to 95% we would save 100,000 lives by February 1st. We are the worst country because of Trump. If he'd only told his supporters to wear masks they would.

Last edited:

RedCowboy

I always wear a mask outside of my house and everyone else is wearing a mask yet people are still testing positive......I am not against wearing masks......I wear a mask, but Trump is not responsible for this virus, it spreads in spite of masks, even healthcare workers who wear the moon suits are testing positive.

Biden has no special plan, Biden has no fix, Biden has no cure, all Biden has is naked blame and people are not falling for it, we have all caught a virus through our lives and you can't lay blame for it, no one man outside of China could possibly be responsible for this global pandemic that no country on Earth has a cure for as of yet but we are close and that is thanks to President Trump, not brain dead Biden who has nothing to offer but easy canned answers that aren't answers at all.

Biden has done nothing in 47 years in politics except locking up young black men which he has admitted and Harris is just as bad, the two of them will be no good for anyone, Biden has no plan, Biden can hardly blather out the words he has been told to say. Biden is not the answer.

RedCowboy

-----edit-----

Biden in Pennsylvania right now just said " I WILL NOT BAN FRACKING, PERIOD. " lol, one story for the current crowd and another for his base.

Last edited:

paul1598419

Biden's plans are better for covid than Trump's ignoring it all this time. To say people who have worn masks still get this doesn't take into consideration the people who go to in door places to eat or take part in other events.

So far more than 57 million people have voted already. I'm looking forward to watching Trump in my rear view mirror.

conceptcar3

Biden's plans are better for covid than Trump's ignoring it all this time. To say people who have worn masks still get this doesn't take into consideration the people who go to in door places to eat or take part in other events.

So far more than 57 million people have voted already. I'm looking forward to watching Trump in my rear view mirror.
Keep dreaming. We won’t be in your rear view mirror until 2024. Or maybe later, just for fun 😂. I mean your party had a guy for 12 years once. I think it’s our turn.

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
I expect another game from the dems to interfere with the elections.

biden.jpg

Last edited: