Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Police Officers got shot in the Eyes with a laser!

raptor

Two police officers were shot in the eyes in Sweden from close range from an idiot. They were immediatley taken to hospital becuase of eye irritation! They still don't know if the injuries are permenant.
I can't believe how stupid people can be. Who the hell shoots the police with a laser pointer. Even if it was a red <1mw!!!

He got arrested and is 27 years old.

http://sydsvenskan.se/malmo/article373276.ece

Translated:
http://translate.google.com/transla.../article373276.ece&sl=sv&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Re: Police Officers got shot in the Eyes with a la

in the translation it says it was a 500mW green laser :eek: that could really do some damage, but i don't believe the part where it says it's a dot at hundreds of meters away... maybe a 30ft wide dot at 200meters away

Switch

1mRad would give you 20cm dot at 200meters , not 30ft dot. :-/

artix

So this guy had a $6000 herc and shot the police in the eyes? :eek: That idiot, didn't realize they would confiscate it... :p

diachi

It could have been an x15 from Nova lol, all of the CNI pens have a 500mW rating on them do they not ?

raptor

True Diachi! However, a x15 won't irritate your eyes so much.

Regards
Eikido

Ace82

Of coarse their eyes got irritated, just the same way cops feel "threatened", or in all of their reports contain over exaggeration making people criminals look worse then they really are so they can seem more then a hero then they really are by busting them. I'm sure nothing permanent happened to their eyes, heck, I wouldn't doubt that the cops didn't get flashed in the eyes at all and the whole things a lie. But heck, they were still able to arrest him, maybe he should have continued to shine the cops in their eye so they couldn't. ;D All in all, just another story, another case, stupid laser operator doing a very stupid thing at the wrong place at the wrong time. Surprised? ::)

diachi

raptor said:
True Diachi! However, a x15 won't irritate your eyes so much.

Regards
Eikido

Could have been I higher power, I just used an X15 as an example.

-Adam

World is full of idiots. Aiming a laser at a cop in the US is a pretty good way to find yourself absorbing some lead projectiles! ::)

thesk8nmidget said:
wow that guy is more smrter than us

If that remark was aimed at me, i apologize for trying to inject a little humor. I never proclaimed to be smarter than anyone else, in fact when it comes to electronics, im a complete illiterate. Nice way to welcome a noob to the forum.

If that remark was not aimed at me, then i apologize for taking offense.

Have a great day!

Montana64 said:
[quote author=thesk8nmidget link=1222678730/0#9 date=1222701495]wow that guy is more smrter than us

If that remark was aimed at me, i apologize for trying to inject a little humor.  I never proclaimed to be smarter than anyone else, in fact when it comes to electronics, im a complete illiterate.  Nice way to welcome a noob to the forum.

If that remark was not aimed at me, then i apologize for taking offense.

Have a great day![/quote]

nope not towards you at all :)

i was directing it towads the person that is now behind bars :)

i was also just adding some humor

I read about it a few days ago. Let's hope that more things like this won't happen here in Sweden, I want lasers to be legal here :(

it's dumb to point anything at a police officer period - even something like a stick :(

Switch

That is hilarious ;D ;D ;D How bored do you have to be to come to do something like that? :-/

Btw :cool:

Attachments

• Untitled-1_009.jpg
    Untitled-1_009.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 90