Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pointing laser at UFO

There are no UFO

UFO simply means 'unidentified'. Unidentified objects are spotted all the time:shhh:

Not sure if id point a laser at one though, what is 'unidentified' to me, may well be a plane.

And if it were extra terrestrial, they might just shoot back with a DIY laser from one of their 2,000x BDR burners!

Last edited:
Sure there are. If you see something flying around and you're not sure what it is, it's a Unidentified Flying Object...

Those China photos are pretty sweet.. definitely unidentified. What's extra cool is that this sighting is on major news networks.

@the OP: If it's flying, DON'T point your laser at it.

What if they're illegal aliens flying over the border in a balloon? Though I guess if you knew that they wouldn't be unidentified...

HIMNL9

Problems with real UFOs and lasers, may be that they don't call police ..... they just shoot back to you with an 1TW laser, in reply ..... :eg: :crackup:

ICU

What if they're illegal aliens flying over the border in a balloon? Though I guess if you knew that they wouldn't be unidentified...

Those are the ones I'd be aiming at:whistle:

Maybe if they spotted the little red dot they'd have second thoughts about where they were heading :eg:

Strange you should bring this up now, The power went out here last night for a couple hours so I stepped out side to look at the stars and play with BIG BLUE my 660mW 445.
Well after about 20 min my eyes were pretty well adjusted and I was scouting the heavens when guess what I seen.... Yep I think so, It was traveling way to fast to have been made here, it only took about 20 seconds to go from about 15 deg above one horizon to the other horizon :eek: and it was way out there above where airplanes fly.
No joke ! I'm not kidding ! I realy seen this object ! and it was hauling ass like nothing I have ever seen befor !

TTerbo

why would you point a laser at it???
it could be a plane (clearly not) and if it was an alien ship you could have made them angry :p
and idk but if you know there are aliens onboard then its not a UFO :p becaus eit would be classified as idk IFOWAOB (identified flying object with aliens onboard)

i think this thread is stupid

Benm

Hehe... if it were identified at such, i suppose the border patrol guys might be interested in using a bigass laser pointer to pop the balloon :D

Something like the video suggest i'd probably aim a laser at - if i were positive it was not an airplane or helicopter. I don't believe in aliens flight through earth sky, but i'd sure be interested what it was... at least you can tell its actualy there when the beam is absorbed or bounces off of it.

And if it were aliens, i suppose they'd see a few 100 mW as communication rather than attack. Anything that has technology to make it to earth will also have technology to obliterate the planet, probably in one shot :D

I woulnt laze the ufo but if i see them extraterial in front of me trying to do an abduction... then i will pop their eyeballs and only then.

I saw odd things in the sky but i don"t know if they were really flying saucer...
couple of years ago i saw something looking like an ufo with 3 red lights and five white lights from really far and it did travel fast..it stayed there a couples of minutes without moving.

Last edited:

Benm

Well, sometimes you see things you can't explain straight away, or at least take some time to figure out.

I've seen some lights in the sky just after sunset when standing on a balcony with a friend. They seemed to just hover in the sky, and dissappeared just like that after about 15 minutes.

We eventually figured out what it was: The lights were orange, which was a good hint. As far as we can tell there were just a reflection of the highway sodium lights a couple of km further away, between thermal layers in the atmosphere. A classical fata morgana, but if they hadn't been orange i colour i doubt we would have ever figured it out.

It was traveling way to fast to have been made here, it only took about 20 seconds to go from about 15 deg above one horizon to the other horizon :eek: and it was way out there above where airplanes fly.

That be the international space station.

Razako

I'd be more interested in using lasers to make people think that there's a ufo. Maybe send up a large white balloon and shine your laser at it from far away. The beam itself wouldn't be visible right by the balloon, but the spot would illuminate the whole balloon with an eerie green glow.