Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Plug N' Play DDL drivers RUN 2!!

All right, here is run 2!

boardyn1.jpg

The shipping/misc-fees charge has been lowered by $2!

http://amk123.110mb.com/boards.htm

GB boards:

$2.53 each (with soldermask, no components)

Assembly Option (NOTE I AM ONLY ASSEMBLING 10 UNITS!! FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!)

$3.00 per board

Potentiometer (either separate, or on ASSEMBLED board)
$1.00

DOMESTIC SHIPPING / PAYPAL FEES / MISC. FEES:

$4.00

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING / PAYPAL FEES / MISC. FEES:

$9.00

MINIMUM ORDER: 50

DO NOT PAY UNTIL TOLD TO DO SO

COMMITMENTS ONLY AT THIS TIME

Erm pardon my ignorance but when is Run1 shipping out?? And do we get the new reduced shipping price if you haven't shipped yet ;) Darn should have been in run 2 instead.

Ah i just checked. shipped today it seems.

xarylx said:
Erm pardon my ignorance but when is Run1 shipping out?? And do we get the new reduced shipping price if you haven't shipped yet ;) Darn should have been in run 2 instead.

Ah i just checked. shipped today it seems.

yup. the price was changed by my local shipping center, it seems the rates are different. run 1 stays the same, there were MANY extra fees that went into making that one.

run 1 was shipped.

I marked the international packages as gift, and $5 each ;D ;D

hopefully you will all get them without trouble.

Question: If i give you a PCB design, are you able to get it printed along with these ones?

On another note i may be interested, just gotta see how well i can work with the ones i bought off you first.

SargeMX5 said:
Question: If i give you a PCB design, are you able to get it printed along with these ones?

On another note i may be interested, just gotta see how well i can work with the ones i bought off you first.

PM me about your PCB's.

I am working with knimrod to work out a few kinks here and there, and run 2 should be awesome.

The manufacturer said they assemble boards too for an extra charge, and they can do SMD too! no guarantees, but I am thinking of doing a GB for prebuilt SMD driver boards!

no more interest for run 2?

I thought there would be more interest after run 1 was a success... I myself need a few more of these too....

Kenom

Umm you know I'm really curious why people aren't going to the smaller lm317 package?  Like for example the SOT-233 is a SMT and would work for reds in my barrels.

Attachments

• 296-SOT-223-3.jpg
    296-SOT-223-3.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 856
Kenom said:
Umm you know I'm really curious why people aren't going to the smaller lm317 package? Like for example the SOT-233 is a SMT and would work for reds in my barrels.

i have kenom, i use the lm317mdt in the to-252 package. I have a bunch of ones that fit in the module

i think the lack of interest is due to the drivers made by rckstr and drlava.

I have looked into the SOT-223 packages, but the problem is that they can only do a ma of 500mA

so running things like opencans at 420 will generate a LOT of heat.

also, They are smaller, and if I do start a GB, many people will be unable to solder them themselves, therefore only the fraction of LPF who is willing to solder small components might join in on the GB.

I did find a company who manufactures PCB's and assembles them for you at an additional cost, and I was thinking about a SMT Driver GB. I might have to nullify this one due to lack of interest and move on.

regards,

amk