Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Plextor 12x vs. Pioneer 12x

Hey all, I'm going to go ahead and pick up a 12x to add to the fray of testing but was wondering which drive I should go with. I know most of the testing appears to be done with Pioneer 12x diodes but has anyone pulled a Plextor 12x diode yet? I can get both drives for about the same.

look the last two
4399287484_a7ca2df44f_o.png

they seem to be like the BDR-205,in power.

Reactions: mfo
Actually they appear to be a little more efficient. I will go with the Plextor then.

Lol, are those your lasers? If so, thanks for 'pioneering' the use of Plextor 12x diodes. I think I have convinced another forum member (roSSco) to purchase a 12x as well. We may have some more data coming to the forum. I already have some flex drives on order so now I just got to get another 405-G-1 and some more Aixiz blanks.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood the 'Your Welcome'. The nice chart was put together by you I take it.

Hmm... seeing some of these over 700mW makes me wonder if that's enough heat to melt thru an aluminum can...

nope , ive tried

but watch your eyes for reflections , goggles are a must have

Darn, wishful thinking I guess... the hosts I buy are UV leak detectors so they come with yellow safety goggles that work quite well for 405nm.

Hey Slipstream, have either of your Plextor based lasers shown any noticeable degradation?

mfo

Sorry, I think I misunderstood the 'Your Welcome'. The nice chart was put together by you I take it.

The "You're welcome" was sarcasm. You didn't even blue lasers for finding that for you...

Hey Slipstream, have either of your Plextor based lasers shown any noticeable degradation?

Not that I've noticed yet. But there is a 1-2 mw fluctuation that could be because of ambient temp.

Also the plextor has the same small open can red/it diode as the pioneer.

I have 2 that I'm not going to use , anybody want one free? I have 2 so the first 2 to pm me their adress will get them.

PM Sent also Slipstream.

Just wanna say thanks to everyone who is putting the cash+time+effort into these diodes. You are on the cutting edge of laser tech the way I see it.

Waiting for somone to break the 1W barrier.....

Si

mfo

Be careful when you PM slipstream. He tends to get real pissy for no reason, especially when you are trying to buy something off of him.